PDA

View Full Version : Not celebrating, this can't be over yet!

Misesian
09-29-2008, 12:13 PM
If we only won by a 20 vote margin, I can't see what's stopping them from doing what they did to the amnesty bill and keep going back and putting forth a new bill on the table to get those necessary votes.

We've got to find out who supports the bailout and write them off, who are the fence sitters and blast them all with calls/emails/faxes, and who voted NO and do the same to make sure they're not bought out!

Until we're weeks removed from this the urgency still remains to stop this!

If you were sign waving with handouts keep doing this, we can't letup now because of one victory! We've got to triple our efforts since we know they'll double theirs!!!

Anthony T
09-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Agreed!

mconder
09-29-2008, 12:17 PM
I believe they will move on from a bailout plan and propose a massive regulation bill that will cost the economy more than 700bil.

Misesian
09-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Just confirmed from the C4L blog, a new vote will probably be up on Thursday or Friday (maybe as early as Wed): http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/?p=646

TRIPLE YOUR EFFORTS NOW THAT WE HAVE SOME TIME!

IPSecure
09-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Motion To Suspend Rules And Pass!!!

Sounds like throw out the rules, and pass the bill anyway...

lessgov2007
09-29-2008, 12:25 PM
Could the plan have been to have this bill fail the entire time? Now the Federal Reserve can allow the market to crash. If the economy fails then Bush will have his excuse for Martial Law. Maybe, I'm just being negative about everything but it's a thought.

paulitics
09-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Could the plan have been to have this bill fail the entire time? Now the Federal Reserve can allow the market to crash. If the economy fails then Bush will have his excuse for Martial Law. Maybe, I'm just being negative about everything but it's a thought.

With the bailout, the market would still crash, but the pressure onn the dollar would have been greater.

The crash is inevitable regardless. The worse scenario is hyperinflation and a worthless dollar.

idiom
09-29-2008, 12:35 PM
As they were keeping the vote open people started to wuss out and switch to nay so they closed it.