PDA

View Full Version : So, are we at a time for a real revolution, not one with a backwards love?

Mortikhi
09-29-2008, 11:11 AM
I'd like to know how far I need to stretch my patience.

Is now the time or do we wait until there are carboard shanties all over the place like Mexico?

micahnelson
09-29-2008, 11:15 AM
I hear this all the time. What are we going to do? There is no reason to initiate violence.

It is likely time for civil disobedience. They are devaluing the Dollar, so we should find another currency and start using it- legal tender laws be damned.

We should do sit ins and protests at JP Morgan, bank of America, and other "connected" institutions.

As far as taking up muskets, 1776 was a looong time ago. As long as we have freedom of information and speech, we can certainly avoid a violent confrontation.

Expose the lies, stand up for the truth, hold people accountable and don't shut up about it to the public.

Mortikhi
09-29-2008, 11:20 AM
So how's that working out for us? Right now the Yeas have it in the House on this $700b Bill.

I hear the Maytag dishwasher boxes make great family rooms.

jkm1864
09-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Well im sure milita recruitment is going to go through the roof because of this. They have a page floating around the net that has all the militias by state. My state does not have one so I guess i'll never know. The bad thing though is I am sure everyone of the is full of moles.

amy31416
09-29-2008, 11:42 AM
I've always over-simplified my approach to government: Laws are for the stupid.

I make the laws for myself, nobody else.

Kotin
09-29-2008, 11:46 AM
I've always over-simplified my approach to government: Laws are for the stupid.

I make the laws for myself, nobody else.

its true what they say about you, Amy..

you are ghetto fabulous. :D

luke-gr
09-29-2008, 11:50 AM
So how's that working out for us? Right now the Yeas have it in the House on this $700b Bill.

Right NOW the Nays have it in the house on this $700b Bill.

micahnelson
09-29-2008, 12:11 PM

Trust me, I'm with you in spirit if not in methods.

The people are not ready for a violent revolution, and none of us should ever be itching to spill blood. I am very discouraged by the state of the country, but our only way out will be education.

Even if we could fight a revolution and restore the republic, could we keep it? Not without education. In fact, with an educated public we wouldn't need a revolution, we would simply elect representatives that actually represent us.

This is where the revolution will take place, in the minds of the citizens. Our revolution is a revolution in thought. We have the ability to change things, and should use that ability.

The people certainly outnumber the ruling class. If we all united we could overthrow any government- but then what? The people then will be the same as the people now. Uninterested, lazy, uninformed and fickle. Will we restore the constitution and give them liberty?

Or, should we withhold liberty until they are ready for it. Well isn't that what the current ruling class is claiming. Isn't that what all dictators say?

Education first, Revolution second. Revolutions without an education become overly violent and fruitless- often ending in despotism.

acptulsa
10-01-2008, 07:29 AM
its true what they say about you, Amy..

you are ghetto fabulous. :D

She's fabulous everywhere.

billjarrett
10-01-2008, 07:48 AM
It is likely time for civil disobedience. They are devaluing the Dollar, so we should find another currency and start using it- legal tender laws be damned.

We should do sit ins and protests at JP Morgan, bank of America, and other "connected" institutions.

If the American people are fed up enough about this, I wonder if they are all fed up enough to go to their HR department and change their tax forms so the absolute minimum is being taken out of their check and giving the IRS the finger next April 15th. Thats real civil disobedience.

It would have to be ALOT of people, couple of hundred and they'd just arrest us all. If enough people do it, they might not be able to pay those they'd send to arrest us :)

It's our money their spending. Technically, we have the upper hand if we have the guts to go with it.

mconder
10-01-2008, 08:18 AM
The first thing we do is to stop participating in the system as much as possible, i.e. don't pay taxes. Also, use the money you saved by not paying taxes to get your house in order...no debt, 1 year food supply, seeds, basic tools, and of course firearms. That's what we do.

billjarrett
10-01-2008, 08:35 AM
Maybe that should have been our threats in the letters all along, instead of I won't vote for you again.

"It is obvious that you and your peers in Washington, D.C. are not interested in representing the people in their districts. Since our forefathers did not believe in taxation without representation, neither do I. If this bill passes, I will refuse to pay taxes."

Or something to that effect.

torchbearer
10-01-2008, 08:51 AM
when that time comes, you won't need to ask. You will know.

afmatt
10-01-2008, 08:52 AM
when that time comes, you won't need to ask. You will know.

qft

tbarnett17
10-01-2008, 09:11 AM
"Hang 'em... Hang 'em all!"...

Pete
10-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Trust me, I'm with you in spirit if not in methods.

The people are not ready for a violent revolution, and none of us should ever be itching to spill blood. I am very discouraged by the state of the country, but our only way out will be education.

Even if we could fight a revolution and restore the republic, could we keep it? Not without education. In fact, with an educated public we wouldn't need a revolution, we would simply elect representatives that actually represent us.

This is where the revolution will take place, in the minds of the citizens. Our revolution is a revolution in thought. We have the ability to change things, and should use that ability.

The people certainly outnumber the ruling class. If we all united we could overthrow any government- but then what? The people then will be the same as the people now. Uninterested, lazy, uninformed and fickle. Will we restore the constitution and give them liberty?

Or, should we withhold liberty until they are ready for it. Well isn't that what the current ruling class is claiming. Isn't that what all dictators say?

Education first, Revolution second. Revolutions without an education become overly violent and fruitless- often ending in despotism.

QFT

There are several posters (I am tempted to use the T word) advocating violence today. To them I say, go out of your parents' basement and talk to a dozen neighbors at random about taking up arms against the government. Be sure to take a gun with you.

See if that doesn't land you in the pokey by supper time.

Bryan
10-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Please keep in mind the forum guidelines:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22

+ Posting of direct or inferred threats of violence against other people or property that is not your own is completely unacceptable by any user and subject to immediate banning.

Don't push the issue here please.

Thanks.