PDA

View Full Version : Fed to pump $630 Billion into financial system

cska80
09-29-2008, 09:37 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=ahwz_k5JvuB8&refer=home

Sept. 29 (Bloomberg) -- The Federal Reserve will pump an additional $630 billion into the global financial system, flooding banks with cash to alleviate the worst banking crisis since the Great Depression.

The Fed increased its existing currency swaps with foreign central banks by $330 billion to $620 billion to make more dollars available worldwide. The Term Auction Facility, the Fed's emergency loan program, will expand by $300 billion to $450 billion. The European Central Bank, the Bank of England and the Bank of Japan are among the participating authorities.

They don't even need a bail out. They can do what they want.

JaylieWoW
09-29-2008, 09:41 AM
I've kinda been wondering about that, what's the difference? Is it that the current "rescue, bullshit bailout" bill is guaranteed with taxpayer funds whereas the other is just "inflation"? Ok, actually they both probably are but really, what's the difference?

Why all the hubba-balloo about this bill when all they have to do is print print print?

cska80
09-29-2008, 09:43 AM
This bill isn't only about the money they'll print. It's about the destruction of free markets by, in my opinion, the biggest power grab of the federal government in American history.

enjerth
09-29-2008, 09:49 AM
I have wondered that as well.

The big difference between the power they have now and what they're asking for is that it is not subject to review. Does that mean they can do it secretly then?

slacker921
09-29-2008, 09:57 AM
digg it (http://digg.com/business_finance/Fed_Pumps_Further_630_Billion_Into_Financial_Syste m).. and maybe a few more people on Digg will see that inflation is a tax and we're about to be taxed.

FrankRep
09-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Arrest Ben Bernanke!

ihsv
09-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Cska80 is right. This bill has more to do with legalized property theft and power grabbing than it does with money. They've been steadily pumping money into the financial system for years, and have gone into hyper-inflate mode in the last year and a half. It's going to accelerate, but the leash-holders want legal power to control real assets and real property before everything falls apart. That way, when the currency (which they hold, as well) is debased and worthless, they are left owning everything.

JaylieWoW
09-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Cska80 is right. This bill has more to do with legalized property theft and power grabbing than it does with money. They've been steadily pumping money into the financial system for years, and have gone into hyper-inflate mode in the last year and a half. It's going to accelerate, but the leash-holders want legal power to control real assets and real property before everything falls apart. That way, when the currency (which they hold, as well) is debased and worthless, they are left owning everything.

Ok, the bells are a-ringing and light bulbs are flashing now. This makes sense now.

N13
09-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Printing presses are frying up. We need some million and billion dollar bills.

Put Greenspan and Bernanke's faces on them.

Vote Waterman 2028
09-29-2008, 10:36 AM

This makes sense somewhat, but can you explain to me how they are using this legislation to legally grab property when there is a collapse ?

cska80
09-29-2008, 11:27 AM
I'll explain as generally and simply as possible, as I see it. The Fed and the federal government are using a crisis, like they did with 9/11, to scare the public and the congress into passing into law the right for the treasury to be able to print money in order to buy up huge shares in troubled corporations, bad debt, retirement funds, and other parts of the financial sector. The danger is both the devaluation of our dollar and the power the treasury secretary (whom I think will be a puppet of the Federal Reserve with this power).

TastyWheat
09-29-2008, 10:44 PM
The fed should be next on our agenda. Educate the public and the politicians that the fed has the power to bailout anyone without approval or consequence.

nodope0695
09-29-2008, 10:46 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=ahwz_k5JvuB8&refer=home

They don't even need a bail out. They can do what they want.

No joke.