PDA

View Full Version : How many bills become law each session? Necessary?

runamuck
09-28-2008, 08:57 PM
I was just curious how many bills become law in each Congressional session and if all these new "laws" are really necessary.....

I mean, how many new "laws" do we need EVERY year?

Do they just pass bills to make it look like they're doing something productive or what?

Carole
09-28-2008, 09:08 PM
Precisely!!!

They make far too many laws. No one can possibly obey all the laws that are made. Who has time to know them?

They simply love power of being able to make laws and spend money. :D

Micah Dardar
09-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Did you know that the United States has more laws than any other country ever? I remember that statistic from years ago, and I know that it has only got worse!

I hope that our revolution can erase most of this nonsense. IMHO we probably need to abolish every federal law and start from scratch with the Constitution!

America needs an enema!

Kludge
09-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Goodness! Why, if the government didn't create new laws to fix our new problems, however would we function?

dsentell
09-28-2008, 09:44 PM
I work in the legal profession and I am always complaining about how many new laws are written each year, at every level - city, state and fed. I explain to people that almost all of these laws restrict our liberty and freedom.

For example, I live in Missouri. When I began working in the law, the state statutes were all contained in a 6 volume set of books. Now, it takes 24 books! That is over about a 20 year period.

NO! We do not need all this mess . . . . .

runamuck
09-29-2008, 06:55 AM
yes, this is as I figured.

"Let's pass some stuff so people think we're doing something!"

They have no restraints

Truth Warrior
09-29-2008, 07:04 AM
The US Congress is just a frickin' "law factory", by intent and design.

Merely lawyer "Full Employment Acts", and blatant illegal conflicts of interest.<IMHO>

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -- Groucho Marx