PDA

View Full Version : RP Republican Suspending Campaign

LandonCook
09-28-2008, 08:32 PM
After several months of hard campaigning, I am suspending my campaign due to my horrible lack of funding. I can no longer even put gas in my car to campaign, let alone place campaign ads up. I will resume my campaign once financed, but I simply cannot campaign in a large area without a way to get there.

My website will remain online due to me getting free hosting.

I thank those who have helped me so far, and I hope I can get underway soon.

Note: Would a Mod please delete the double post. Thankyou

RonPaulVolunteer
09-28-2008, 08:45 PM
There's nothing on your site. That's a major problem. Not even your photo.

LandonCook
09-28-2008, 09:00 PM
There's nothing on your site. That's a major problem. Not even your photo.

I wanted pictures to be up there... but my programmer bailed on me and I can't get pictures up in the format that I need them.

But If you want some...

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v348/39/94/649875019/n649875019_1841939_37.jpg
Leadership Summit

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v214/121/22/28074165651/n28074165651_2388635_3016.jpg
Announcement

http://photos-019.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v165/39/94/649875019/n649875019_824700_3273.jpg
Dec 26th Iowa

http://photos.l3.facebook.com/photos-l3-sf2p/v165/39/94/649875019/n649875019_829584_1091.jpg
Jan 3rd Iowa

erika
09-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Why don't you just keep your name on the ballot and see what happens?

If you needed money you should have had a fundraiser(concerts, etc). In fact it's not too late to still do that if you can get some musicians to help.(they love doing that).

You should have written the news paper and tv stations. Had an interview with them. etc.

LandonCook
09-28-2008, 09:09 PM
Why don't you just keep your name on the ballot and see what happens?

If you needed money you should have had a fundraiser(concerts, etc). In fact it's not too late to still do that if you can get some musicians to help.(they love doing that).

You should have written the news paper and tv stations. Had an interview with them. etc.

I live in very rural Arkansas.... The Adv. Median income is 20k and there are no TV stations or bands....

And im still going to be on the ballot. I'm just saying I can't campaign anymore.

erika
09-28-2008, 09:14 PM
I live in very rural Arkansas.... The Adv. Median income is 20k and there are no TV stations or bands....

Tell your FRIENDS. Tell their friends.

Use the internet. Use youtube and make a video or two. Ask for help with video making and someone WILL help you or tell you how to do it.

If you use certain keywords on youtbe for your video it's almost better than advertising in a paper.

erika
09-28-2008, 09:15 PM
If you're lazy, you're screwed. Ask for help on how to's.

Kludge
09-28-2008, 09:17 PM
Your name will still be on the ballot, correct?

LandonCook
09-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Tell your FRIENDS. Tell their friends.

Use the internet. Use youtube and make a video or two. Ask for help with video making and someone WILL help you or tell you how to do it.

If you use certain keywords on youtbe for your video it's almost better than advertising in a paper.

By Very Rural, I mean half of the people in the county do not have computers and two thirds of them do not now how to use one. And my friends, which does count for alot of people, will get me about 2% of the vote.

LandonCook
09-28-2008, 09:24 PM

Excuse me? Lady, I manage a business, go to school, run a Campaign, and run a political organization. During the primary I was the Organizer of 4 meetups across the state, raised thousands of dollars for Dr. Paul, spent two weeks in Iowa Campaigning for Paul before the Caucus, was the Searcy County Coordinator and accomplished 17% for Paul in the Primary( While the state average was 4.79%)

Not to mention i've been pulling 80 hour weeks in campaigning alone! But when you run out of money, you run out of money.

I wouldn't call me lazy. I would call me not made out of money!

And im not about to ask for "how to's" on something I already know how to do, but simply realize that it would be a complete waste of my time.

Your name will still be on the ballot, correct?

Yes...

Goldwater64
09-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Best of luck to you.

Three things I noticed (and these apply only assuming you want a future in politics):

1. Smart move on cutting the hair from Iowa to MN.
2. In politics, when in doubt overdress. I'm not saying you need a closet of expensive suits, but a coat and tie (even inexpenisve ones...they have sport coats at target for 50 or 60) is probably a good thing to have if you are running for elected office.
3. You are running against a 12 year incumbant southern Dem according to the article. I don't know your county, but it seems like your best bet is probably to hope that your county is one of those southern counties that is slowly but surely loosing its southern dem ties and becoming GOP. If so, ride the R next to your name and just don't make huge attention drawing mistakes.

LandonCook
09-28-2008, 10:01 PM
Best of luck to you.

Three things I noticed (and these apply only assuming you want a future in politics):

1. Smart move on cutting the hair from Iowa to MN.
2. In politics, when in doubt overdress. I'm not saying you need a closet of expensive suits, but a coat and tie (even inexpenisve ones...they have sport coats at target for 50 or 60) is probably a good thing to have if you are running for elected office.
3. You are running against a 12 year incumbant southern Dem according to the article. I don't know your county, but it seems like your best bet is probably to hope that your county is one of those southern counties that is slowly but surely loosing its southern dem ties and becoming GOP. If so, ride the R next to your name and just don't make huge attention drawing mistakes.

I didn't see people voting for me with the hair I did have...

Actualy, I thought the very same thing, and in fact... I dressed up quite nice for a few events. But after being told that it bothered local people a number of times, I toned down the fancyness...

I live in a northern republican county... Even the dems are conservative here. We call them DixieCrats

nate895
09-28-2008, 10:07 PM
was the Searcy County Coordinator and accomplished 17% for Paul in the Primary( While the state average was 4.79%)

We need you coordinating Iowa or New Hampshire next Presidential campaign, 17% there would give us momentum. I'd donate to your campaign but I'm drained, and saving up for a possible run in 2010.

jbrace
09-28-2008, 10:11 PM
what part of Arkansas are you from? I live in Fayetteville.

LandonCook
09-28-2008, 10:16 PM
what part of Arkansas are you from? I live in Fayetteville.

Searcy County... I'm a few counties to your right. (North central)

LandonCook
09-28-2008, 10:19 PM
We need you coordinating Iowa or New Hampshire next Presidential campaign, 17% there would give us momentum. I'd donate to your campaign but I'm drained, and saving up for a possible run in 2010.

And I didn't even do as much as I could have. I finally came to the conclusion that winning in one county wasn't going to do a damn bit of good... so I focused my attention on making sure the meetup didn't fall apart. What ended up happening was when all the meetups started dieing, mine was still going strong because we were doing other things and had quit supporting the campaign. Now we have 5 times the amount of members as we had during the primary.

I tried to change the way they did things in Iowa, and Ivers nearly kicked me back to Arkansas... I can't stand that incompetent excuse for a campaign manager. I was pulling in 60 new Paul supporters a day when the average was 3, and when I refused to do it his way he told me "If your way worked wouldn't all the other campaigns be doing it? This is the way we do things, this is what we've always done, this is what works, this is what we're going to do."

damania
09-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Keep it up. There's always next time!

LandonCook
09-28-2008, 11:06 PM
Wow, you guys are inspiring.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-28-2008, 11:11 PM

Ah. Shut your damn mouth. biatch.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-28-2008, 11:14 PM
If you had a good site, and a few bucks, what could you achieve?

LandonCook
09-28-2008, 11:18 PM
If you had a good site, and a few bucks, what could you achieve?

The only real reason I even had the site up was because I thought the Revolution would play a big part in my campaign... But any money I get anymore just goes to gas because I had spent 1500 on campaign signs 3 weeks ago.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-28-2008, 11:22 PM
OK, so a website is pointless then?

Start a chipin. Let's promote you on here. We're all broke, but I am sure we can give you some gas money to keep it up.

LandonCook
09-29-2008, 08:20 AM
OK, so a website is pointless then?

Start a chipin. Let's promote you on here. We're all broke, but I am sure we can give you some gas money to keep it up.

I have a chipin, and I tried to get some help from the Admins, but no one ever would respond to my messages.

LandonCook
09-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Wow, whoever donated the $100, thank you... I'm going to fill it up and campaign all day Wednesday, partly Thursday(school), Friday, and Saturday.

ARealConservative
09-29-2008, 10:50 PM
And I didn't even do as much as I could have. I finally came to the conclusion that winning in one county wasn't going to do a damn bit of good... so I focused my attention on making sure the meetup didn't fall apart. What ended up happening was when all the meetups started dieing, mine was still going strong because we were doing other things and had quit supporting the campaign. Now we have 5 times the amount of members as we had during the primary.

I tried to change the way they did things in Iowa, and Ivers nearly kicked me back to Arkansas... I can't stand that incompetent excuse for a campaign manager. I was pulling in 60 new Paul supporters a day when the average was 3, and when I refused to do it his way he told me "If your way worked wouldn't all the other campaigns be doing it? This is the way we do things, this is what we've always done, this is what works, this is what we're going to do."

Ivers does suck....your story checks out.