itshappening
09-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Spread it !!!!!

http://www.bloomberg.com.au/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=afxCLBycUdbc&refer=home

Good Bank says Screw Bad Banks!

angelatc
09-28-2008, 07:55 PM
Here's another good video: http://blog.mises.org/archives/008629.asp

"This is a bailout of several failed bailouts. The top banks would have $400B of lending capacity with no taxpayer funds (more than half the federal bailout) if they would simply stop paying dividends to shareholders."

Kludge
09-28-2008, 07:55 PM
Lol... What would you expect from a businessman when his competition is given such a huge boost by the gov't?

socialize_me
09-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Keep bumping this to make it a de-facto sticky

BeFranklin
09-28-2008, 08:02 PM
``There is no panic on Main Street and in sound financial institutions,'' Allison wrote. ``The problems are in high-risk financial institutions and on Wall Street.''

damania
09-28-2008, 08:03 PM
I knew it! Bastard Paulson is trying to screw us!

socialize_me
09-28-2008, 08:05 PM
"Treasury ``is totally dominated by Wall Street investment bankers'' and ``cannot be relied on to objectively assess'' the impact of government policy on the financial industry, Allison wrote in a Sept. 23 letter to Congress. The letter was verified by Bob Denham, a spokesman for BB&T, North Carolina's third- largest bank."

There ya got

itshappening
09-28-2008, 08:05 PM
bump it so people see it tomorrow and can spread it!

moostraks
09-28-2008, 08:17 PM
haha...good catch...bump!

Scribbler de Stebbing
That's a good one to send to your Republican Congressmen. They purport to believe in the better man winning, in quality through competition, and all that, so it may strike a nerve. Fax it or email the primary couple paragraphs with a link.

jcarcinogen
Here's another good video: http://blog.mises.org/archives/008629.asp

"This is a bailout of several failed bailouts. The top banks would have $400B of lending capacity with no taxpayer funds (more than half the federal bailout) if they would simply stop paying dividends to shareholders."

The problem is corruption. Paulson and Bernake are on the side of the banks not the American people. They essentially are saying that they won't lend out and credit if they don't get the bailout money despite the fact that the credit is actually only 10% of their actual reserves. If the bailout was stopped and the Fed purposely raised the interest rates so that no credit was loaned, people might start looking at the Fed. But now that Paulson and Bernake got everyone basically blackmailed into voting for the "rescue bill" and they will get rich quick and Bush will get the blame when the dollar collapses months later.

This is criminal.:mad:

Carole
09-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Paulson and investment banking have resorted to blackmail. They will find a way to ensure their warnings come true if the bailout bill is not handed to them.

In such high positions of power, it will be easy for these crooks to "control" the buttons that continue to lead toward the collapse of the economy and the dollar.

They are "promising" us what will happen if we fail to pay the ransom.

Malakai
09-28-2008, 08:48 PM
All my immediate family's money is in BB&T. Sweet.

erika
09-28-2008, 08:58 PM
Lol... What would you expect from a businessman when his competition is given such a huge boost by the gov't?

Why am I not surprised you would say that?

Kludge
09-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Why am I not surprised you would say that?

I guess you've assumed that I dislike Corporatism and believe its many flaws to be obvious.

itshappening
09-29-2008, 05:46 AM
yes