PDA

View Full Version : "Against all enemies... and domestic"

afmatt
09-28-2008, 03:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAADyc6t4nY

we are constitutionally sworn to protect this republic against all enemies foreign and domestic - and my friends there are enemies.

As a US military member what the **** am I supposed to do with this information?

Any retired military or active military on here? I need to talk to someone before my head explodes trying to come to grips with the situation\my oath.

Roxi
09-28-2008, 03:56 PM
matt, maybe you should talk to adam, i know hes super busy right now, but he would probably take a breather to talk to you man

HOLLYWOOD
09-28-2008, 04:01 PM
Washington DC COWARDS are already are hiding behind: NATIONAL SECURITY excuses.

aravoth
09-28-2008, 04:02 PM
As a veteran of the US Army I'll just say this.

You swore to defend the constitution, not the government, becuase even the government can become an enemy of the people.

Keep your cool. If something insane happens, keep your cool. Do not follow illegal orders, do not do anything that assaults the liberties of the people you serve. I know the vast majority of our service members would not, so you're in good company.

I'm not saying anything related to the military is going to happen, But christ, things just seem like they are spinning out of control.

Edit : In the meantime, I'd suggest you do what I am doing, take some of your money before it becomes worthless, buy a nice bottle of whiskey, get smashed, and then call congress and verbally insult them while in a drunken stupor. When you wake up from the hangover in a few days, go door to door and actively campaign against every single incumbent in office.

olehounddog
09-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Us Army veteran here. I will second Aravoth.

RJB
09-28-2008, 04:04 PM
I have to wonder if there are generals and civilian leaders who are talking about rebelion against these domestic enemies that have brought us to ruin.

RJB
09-28-2008, 04:06 PM
BTW I am a former Marine.

+1 avaroth

psalm82x3
09-28-2008, 05:09 PM
I was an active duty Army lanuagist and am currently a Navy Reservist. If you are active duty, I would advise you to shut the fuck up, since you are owned through the remainder of your contract. If you are a reservist like me, see Arovoths instructions, get shitfaced and call your reps.

This is humor, so don't take my tone seriously please.

constituent
09-28-2008, 05:19 PM
I suggest you rent the movie

Dr. Strangelove (or how i learned to stop worrying and love the bomb)

constituent
09-28-2008, 05:20 PM
I have to wonder if there are generals and civilian leaders who are talking about rebelion against these domestic enemies that have brought us to ruin.

i would like to repeat my advice to you as well.

imo, you'll get a lot out of it.

Dequeant
09-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Any retired military or active military on here?

Active duty Air Force SSgt right here. Continue to do your duty. When your duty conflicts with your oath, disobey, and ensure those under you know why you refuse to. In the meantime you can educate your troops on the constitution.....they swore an oath to defend it, and it's an NCOs duty to make sure they understand what they're supposed to be defending.

A time will come to take action I'm sure, and when it does, you'll know it. It will be a feeling in the pit of your gut that you know what you have to do goes against everything you've been trained to do. Who knows, maybe it won't. But keep your mind open that it is certainly possible any day.

RJB
09-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Watch "A few Good Men" too. The end where the PVT is confused why he still got a dishonorable discharge for obeying unlawful order.

It's been a while since I watched Dr. Strangelove. I'll have to check it out again.

Micah Dardar
09-28-2008, 05:29 PM
I am comforted to hear how many honest soldiers there are here!

:)

awake
09-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Active duty Air Force SSgt right here. Continue to do your duty. When your duty conflicts with your oath, disobey, and ensure those under you know why you refuse to. In the meantime you can educate your troops on the constitution.....they swore an oath to defend it, and it's an NCOs duty to make sure they understand what they're supposed to be defending.

A time will come to take action I'm sure, and when it does, you'll know it. It will be a feeling in the pit of your gut that you know what you have to do goes against everything you've been trained to do. Who knows, maybe it won't. But keep your mind open that it is certainly possible any day.

Well said;

Remember Dr. Paul and what he said at the rally about the universal soldier - Alot of us have been there.

Truth Warrior
09-29-2008, 04:25 AM
The Military Lies by Roger Young (http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig6/young-r4.html)

kathy88
09-29-2008, 04:39 AM
I have a very good firend with two sons in the active military and she says they are truly struggling daily watching all this unfold. They are both newly enlisted (last year). She is getting more and more concerned for them, as she knows they will do what is right if it comes down to it versus what they are "told."