PDA

View Full Version : Ok while there is still hope before Bailout passes!

CountryMe
09-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Keep up the great work with all the phone calls, letters, faxes, voting, everything everywhere that we are able to do.

I don't remember which thread I read it in but someone came up with a great idea of raising money (I know there is enough Ron Paul supporters to do this) for a ad where Dr. Ron Paul tells the truth about the Bailout and I thought what a great idea! I know Dr. Paul has been speaking out on the news media which is great but I think it would do more good if there was a ad running explaining exactly what this would mean. I wonder if anyone has mentioned this to Dr. Paul? Does anyone on this board personally know him? There is still hope! I mean we are hearing from enough in congress to know there is enough already against this Bailout until it probably would not take many more to get on board.

Someone said awhile ago on the news, can't remember who, that he didn't think voters would care when it came time to vote, if their representatives vote for this Bailout. Sheeesh, he has got to be wrong according to how many angry people there are over this.

We still have time folks and we have come a long ways already from the first time Bush made it sound like it had to be passed right then and there and so far it hasn't.

Dr. Paul, where are you? We love you! Please keep speaking out as much as you can to stop this. I am so tired of all the scare tactics that some people are going to fall for.

angelatc
09-28-2008, 02:06 PM
My fingers hurt from all that button pushing. I wonder if there's an illegal immigrant I can hire to to these things for me?

ShowMeLiberty
09-28-2008, 02:07 PM
I'm going to fax the two pics in this thread to Kit Bond and Sam Graves today: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=157781

BeFranklin
09-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Keep up the great work with all the phone calls, letters, faxes, voting, everything everywhere that we are able to do.

Tell them you are against the bailout and tell them you want a balanced budget amendment too. Hopefully some astute politician against the bailout adds it on. That will kill it for sure. Just like trolls can't stand the light of day, and vampires can't stand crosses, politicians can't stand balanced budgets.

surf
09-28-2008, 02:22 PM
just got off the phone w/Recihert's aide. told him that, as a PCO in Dave's district, our votes were hanging on his vote. the aide seemed sympathetic and said the majority of the calls were for opposition to this bill. i told him "the Congressman must vote 'no' on any version of this bill." "it is destroying the middle class," and "a short-term recession will be much less harmful than a long-term depression if this passes." He took down my name and number when he found out i was a PCO :) (elected precinct committee officer)

i asked him if Reichert had determined how he would vote on the bill. He said they probably wouldn't see the bill until "late tonight," and hadn't determined yet (which, i'll give him credit, makes sense in that you should read a bill prior to determining how you vote).

Keep calling. Call Dave if your in his district!

surf
09-28-2008, 02:40 PM
bump. c'mon, call. visitors, members, everyone. they want to get this done on a Sunday while their boys go around and pimp this deal. tell them your vote depends on their vote - even if you just mean that you won't spit on the ballot on their name.

matthylland
09-28-2008, 02:41 PM
no answers from any senator or congressman that I tried...