PDA

View Full Version : CNN Emergency edition

Sarge
09-28-2008, 01:01 PM
CNN having a special program. Coming up.

They said bailout plan details on CNN.Com and they are going to tell us what this means to the public.

Like they are lawyers and can figure out the loopholes.

Congress has reached agreement.

cska80
09-28-2008, 01:05 PM
We're all gonna die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cradle2graveconservative
09-28-2008, 01:05 PM
Edit

Sarge
09-28-2008, 01:07 PM
That will be buried in the fine print along with how much they will pay the fat cats.

freelance
09-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Did y'all get a load of that oversight board? I can't remember them all, but it was Fed Chairman, SEC Chairman, and a couple of cabinet members. Are they KIDDING, or what?

Sarge
09-28-2008, 01:15 PM
Correction. Details on CNNMONEY.com

freelance
09-28-2008, 01:15 PM
Treasury has option to take OWNERSHIP in certain companies. Good grief. They are on their way to nationalizing everything.

V4Vendetta
09-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Run for the fucking hills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RRRRRRRRR
UUUUUUUU
NNNNNNNN

Sarge
09-28-2008, 01:20 PM
I really, really, really feel safe with the SEC Chairman watching over this money. SHEEZE!

Cowlesy
09-28-2008, 01:21 PM
I love how CNN has Richard Quest reporting on this right now.

http://gawker.com/381611/cnns-token-brit-arrested-for-meth

ghengis86
09-28-2008, 01:21 PM
we're fucked...i bet chairman mao is similing somewhere.

CasualApathy
09-28-2008, 01:23 PM
To think that I actually had some hope that this wouldn't pass! After today everything changes, I feel it deep in my soul. This government has just cut its last ties to the people, and all you will get from now on is suffering and injustice untill enough people have been energized to change it.

angelatc
09-28-2008, 01:24 PM
We're screwed '08!

If I were young, I'd vow right now to start working for cash only. Never using a bank, never taking Paypal, and never filing income taxes.

Sarge
09-28-2008, 01:27 PM
"I love how CNN has Richard Quest reporting on this right now."

They might only be able to get people on drugs to report and pump this BS.

freelance
To think that I actually had some hope that this wouldn't pass! After today everything changes, I feel it deep in my soul. This government has just cut its last ties to the people, and all you will get from now on is suffering and injustice untill enough people have been energized to change it.

They cut their ties with us on 9/11. Or has everyone forgotten the Patriot Act, etc.?

fedup100
Treasury has option to take OWNERSHIP in certain companies. Good grief. They are on their way to nationalizing everything.

No, the Federal Reserve is a PRIVATE corporation. They are no more part of the Federal Gov than Federal Express is. This is COUP, folks, a take over of this country by the FEDERAL RESERVE! Wwe have been invaded and conquered just as if it had been done by Russia or China.

Done finished. After today, please stop using the terms Constitution, founding fathers etc; They and it does not exist any longer. You have been conquered and put into slavery in plain sight on national television and the whole world is agasp and laughing at our ignorance and defeat.

For all you trolls paid and unpaid, your tit is in the ringer now just like the poor fools you led into the mess.

I am amazed at how plain this is and yet few of the educated can get it.

ghengis86
09-28-2008, 01:30 PM
early last week, people were posting that the original 3 page bill was just a shocker, so they could usher the real plan in with ease. for a couple days, i thought the bailout was DOA, judging by the overwhelmingly negative comments to the reps in congress.

How naïve was I?

I think i'll take the rest of the afternoon and drink beer and watch football. that's what the rest of america is doing, and they all seem to be happy...

post script: what the fuck

Sarge
09-28-2008, 01:30 PM
The more I think about the appointments, the more I wonder if this is their way to get the slush fund back under the table?

ItsTime
09-28-2008, 01:31 PM
No, the Federal Reserve is a PRIVATE corporation. They are no more part of the Federal Gov than Federal Express is. This is COUP, folks, a take over of this country by the FEDERAL RESERVE! Wwe have been invaded and conquered just as if it had been done by Russia or China.

Done finished. After today, please stop using the terms Constitution, founding fathers etc; They and it does not exist any longer. You have been conquered and put into slavery in plain sight on national television and the whole world is agasp and laughing at our ignorance and defeat.

For all you trolls paid and unpaid, your tit is in the ringer now just like the poor fools you led into the mess.

I am amazed at how plain this is and yet few of the educated can get it.

This is a COUP. You are 100% correct. They want to steal everything and our elected officials are allowing them. Slaves cheering their own slavery.

CasualApathy
09-28-2008, 01:35 PM
They cut their ties with us on 9/11. Or has everyone forgotten the Patriot Act, etc.?

But the Patriot Act didn't face the same public outcry that this bailout has. The only reason it took them so long to negotiate this deal was because they wanted to see if the american people would go apeshit on them.

jyakulis
09-28-2008, 01:42 PM
UGHHHHHHHHHH

I am so steaming mad right now. These people are traitors. We got to route out these domestic enemies of liberty.

We gotta hit em hard. I don't know maybe a letter campaign in districts whose congressmen are up for reelection.

SeanEdwards
09-28-2008, 01:52 PM
If I were young, I'd vow right now to start working for cash only. Never using a bank, never taking Paypal, and never filing income taxes.

You'd become a drug dealer?

:D

DAFTEK
09-28-2008, 01:54 PM
CNN= Shit news, propaganda and Jewish interests just like Fox News. Wolf Blits should not even be allowed on tv..

jcarcinogen
09-28-2008, 01:56 PM
CNN said days ago an agreement was reached and then it really wasn't in the House.

pacelli
09-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Wait until the asian markets open tonight around 6-6:30pm est.

RSLudlum
09-28-2008, 02:00 PM
To quote Jim Rogers:

"THESE GUYS ARE EMBARRASSING"

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-28-2008, 02:01 PM
It hasn't been voted on yet.

But you're right about the Fed taking over.

Remember Ron Paul asking Bernanke where he got the authority and Bernake said Congress gave it to him? He's right -- if you'll ignore that Congress didn't have the right to give the Fed that authority -- and Congress is about to do it again. Blame Congress.

angelatc
09-28-2008, 02:03 PM
You'd become a drug dealer?

:D

No, probably a nanny or a maid.

Cowlesy
09-28-2008, 02:11 PM
It is extremely impressive how hard CNN is pushing this as a good thing. I am sure it is equally atrocious on Fox News, MS-NBC.

ItsTime
09-28-2008, 02:14 PM
It is extremely impressive how hard CNN is pushing this as a good thing. I am sure it is equally atrocious on Fox News, MS-NBC.

Funny how all the news stations and news papers and radio talking mouths are using the same language. Yet the sheep still eat it up. Bail Out Plan to Rescue Plan should have set of alarms in every Americans head...

ShowMeLiberty
09-28-2008, 02:16 PM

Funny how all the news stations and news papers and radio talking mouths are using the same language. Yet the sheep still eat it up. Bail Out Plan to Rescue Plan should have set of alarms in every Americans head...

Hell, it worked with "terrism". Why not do it again? :mad:

SeanEdwards
09-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Bail Out Plan to Rescue Plan should have set of alarms in every Americans head...

Their heads are too full of useless nascar statistics and visions of Paris Hilton's ass. You know, the important stuff.

CurtisLow
09-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Generals gathered in their masses
just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction
sorcerers of death's construction
In the fields the bodies burning
as the war machine keeps turning
death and hatred to mankind
poisoning their brainwashed minds . . . Oh lord yeah!

Politicians hide themselves away
they only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor, . . . yeah!

Time will tell on their power minds
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess
Wait 'till their judgement day comes, . . . yeah!

Now in darkness, world stops turning
Ashes where the bodies burning
No more war pigs of the power
Hand of god has struck the hour.
Day of judgement, god is calling
on their knees, the war pigs crawling
Begging mercies for their sins
Bush, laughing, spreads his wings.

Oh lord yeah!

LittleLightShining
09-28-2008, 02:57 PM

Making war just for fun

Oh lord yeah!

I've been thinking about this song a lot lately.

SeanEdwards
09-28-2008, 03:10 PM

Making war just for fun

Oh lord yeah!

Warning, contains graphic images of death:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GRR_n_yQGA

ord33
09-28-2008, 03:24 PM
Anyone care to try to explain this to me a little further if they do know what it means and refers to? It doesnt sound good, but maybe there is an explanation???

(3) Designating financial institutions as finan
cial agents of the Federal Government, and such in
stitutions shall perform all such reasonable duties
related to this Act as financial agents of the Federal
Government as may be required.

It is located on page #8 and page #9 of the bill.
http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/28/news/pdf/index.htm

psalm82x3
09-28-2008, 03:30 PM
we're fucked...i bet chairman mao is similing somewhere.

lol thanks..smiling...more like shit eating grin

it's too true...freedom through work

http://z.about.com/d/goeurope/1/0/y/2/dachau_5.jpg

HOLLYWOOD
09-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Hell, it worked with "terrism". Why not do it again? :mad:

It's the 4th Branch of the U.S. Government:

Main Stream Media! MSM Propaganda

tpreitzel
09-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Anyone care to try to explain this to me a little further if they do know what it means and refers to? It doesnt sound good, but maybe there is an explanation???

It is located on page #8 and page #9 of the bill.
http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/28/news/pdf/index.htm

I don't have time at the moment to read the draft, but designating previously private financial institutions as financial agents of the government makes me cringe. At the very least, it's an mechanism of control whereby the government * can snoop, steal, meddle, etc. It reminds me of the role of the US Postal Service which has never been truly independent and remains a useful tool for governmental control and meddling of private communications.

* Used loosely here intentionally, overtly and covertly