PDA

View Full Version : Gingrich: Paulson Should Resign | bailout is un-American

FrankRep
09-28-2008, 10:57 AM
'Un-American' Bailout, Paulson Should Have Quit, Gingrich Says

ABC News
September 28

ABC News' Tahman Bradley and Arnab Datta Report: Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, R-Ga., on Sunday described Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson's request for billion of dollars to buy debt from struggling Wall Street financial firms as "un-American" and said the secretary should have stepped down.

Gingrich even expressed concern with Paulson's connections to Wall Street. The treasury secretary served as the chairman of a major global investment banking and securities firm before joining the Bush administration.

"You have the former Chairman of Goldman Sachs asking for 700 billion dollars, and in his initial request, asking for it in such an un-American way that I think he should have resigned," said Gingrich. "I think Paulson has terminally misunderstood the nature of the American system. Not just no review, no judicial review, no congressional accountability. Give me 700 billion dollars, 700 BILLION dollars! 'I'll be glad to spend it for you.' That's a centralization of power that is totally un-American."

Full Story:
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/09/un-american-pla.html

jcarcinogen
09-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Bush is the one that went on TV imploring that it was imperative that it passed, he should resign.

Micah Dardar
09-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Bush is the one that went on TV imploring that it was imperative that it passed, he should resign.

Our whole government should resign!

Dorfsmith
09-28-2008, 11:14 AM
If Gingrich really cares he should pull his support for McCain :D

Deborah K
09-28-2008, 11:15 AM
'Un-American' Bailout, Paulson Should Have Quit, Gingrich Says

ABC News
September 28

ABC News' Tahman Bradley and Arnab Datta Report: Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, R-Ga., on Sunday described Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson's request for billion of dollars to buy debt from struggling Wall Street financial firms as "un-American" and said the secretary should have stepped down.

Gingrich even expressed concern with Paulson's connections to Wall Street. The treasury secretary served as the chairman of a major global investment banking and securities firm before joining the Bush administration.

"You have the former Chairman of Goldman Sachs asking for 700 billion dollars, and in his initial request, asking for it in such an un-American way that I think he should have resigned," said Gingrich. "I think Paulson has terminally misunderstood the nature of the American system. Not just no review, no judicial review, no congressional accountability. Give me 700 billion dollars, 700 BILLION dollars! 'I'll be glad to spend it for you.' That's a centralization of power that is totally un-American."

Full Story:
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/09/un-american-pla.html

I saw him on ThisWeek and heard him say that. And then that little putz Robert Reich started blathering about Keynesian economics. What an idiot. It was a good show though.

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-28-2008, 11:16 AM
Even so, happy to have opposition from any quarter. It bolsters our numbers. Good for Gingrich.

forsmant
09-28-2008, 11:18 AM
He said that on snuffalupigus this morning. He had weak arguments against the keynesian Robert Reich. Keynes is retarded.