PDA

View Full Version : One reason that other Nations hate us.

123tim
09-28-2008, 06:03 AM
Here's one reason (In my opinion) why people in other countries hate us.

I saw this in the comment section of YouTube posted for all of the world to read:

"Ok, I have had it. WHY DOES EVERYONE IN THE FRIGGEN WORLD HATE AMERICA! AND DONT SAY WE INVADE COUNTRIES, SHOW ME PROOF THAT WE INVADED A COUNTRY FOR NO PURPOSE, THE ONLY REAL TIME WE GO IN IS TO HELP OTHER COUNTRIES THAT WE THINK HAVE THE RIGHT IDEA, OR ATTACK US LIKE IN 9/11. BUT! WE ALSO HELP OTHER COUNTRIES, EVER THINK OF THAT? WHENEVER WE HELP SOMEONE THE MOAN ABOUT HOW WE INVADED THEM! CUT THE CRAP AND GROW A PAIR!"

Youtube seems to be littered with comments like this...... I sometimes wonder if we realize the damage that we do when we post hatred like this?

By the way,
This comment came from a video of a person shooting a propane tank. I've often wondered what would happen if you did that. Now I know:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIsPAo3C6SA&feature=related

Please excuse the language at the end.

Truth Warrior
09-28-2008, 06:14 AM
WILLIAM J. LEDERER AND EUGENE BURDICK

The Ugly American

The multi-million-copy bestseller that coined the phrase for tragic American blunders abroad.

First published in 1958, The Ugly American became a runaway national bestseller for its slashing exposé of American arrogance, incompetence, and corruption in Southeast Asia. Based on fact, the book's eye-opening stories and sketches drew a devastating picture of how the United States was losing the struggle with Communism in Asia. Combining gripping storytelling with an urgent call to action, the book prompted President Eisenhower to launch a study of our military aid program that led the way to much-needed reform.

"Powerful and absorbing. . . . Should be required reading in Washington."—Kirkus Reviews

"Not only important but consistently entertaining. . . . The attack on American policy in Asia this book makes is clothed in sharp characterizations, frequently humorous incident, and perceptive descriptions of the countries and people where the action occurs."-Robert Trumbull, former chief correspondent for the New York Times in China and Southeast Asia

"Seldom has a deadly warning been more entertainingly or convincingly given."—Washington Star
William J. Lederer is the author of The Mirages of Marriage (with Don D. Jackson) and other books. Eugene Burdick's other books include Fail-Safe.

http://www.wwnorton.com/catalog/fall98/uglyamerican.htm

Monolithic
09-28-2008, 06:45 AM
"We're the only country in the world that constantly reminds every other country how great we are. How fucking arrogant is that?" - Lewis Black

James Madison
09-28-2008, 11:41 AM
A lot of people posting things like that are either in the military or work for the CIA.

Cinderella
09-28-2008, 12:17 PM
they hate us for our freedoms

ClayTrainor
09-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Here's one reason (In my opinion) why people in other countries hate us.

I saw this in the comment section of YouTube posted for all of the world to read:

"Ok, I have had it. WHY DOES EVERYONE IN THE FRIGGEN WORLD HATE AMERICA! AND DONT SAY WE INVADE COUNTRIES, SHOW ME PROOF THAT WE INVADED A COUNTRY FOR NO PURPOSE, THE ONLY REAL TIME WE GO IN IS TO HELP OTHER COUNTRIES THAT WE THINK HAVE THE RIGHT IDEA, OR ATTACK US LIKE IN 9/11. BUT! WE ALSO HELP OTHER COUNTRIES, EVER THINK OF THAT? WHENEVER WE HELP SOMEONE THE MOAN ABOUT HOW WE INVADED THEM! CUT THE CRAP AND GROW A PAIR!"

Youtube seems to be littered with comments like this...... I sometimes wonder if we realize the damage that we do when we post hatred like this?

By the way,
This comment came from a video of a person shooting a propane tank. I've often wondered what would happen if you did that. Now I know:

I responded to this poster with

"Maybe... just maybe... you guys should stop trying to "help" everyone out.

Research the CIA Term Blowback, and read the book "Imperial Hubris". I believe most americans have good intentions, and perhaps alot of things you do are with good intent, but what you suffer from are

UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES

Stop trying to control the world and "keep everyone safe" and maybe worry about your own people at home?

Just a suggestion. "

And, they actually came back with a level-headed response.

"I totally agree..I know im the guy who posted it, Our economy is at a halt now..And the are trying to get a 700 billion bailout for our major banks..it better work.."

Its easy to bring these types of people back down to our level, we just have to be upfront with them, and dont detract the argument into an exchange of insults.

Malakai
09-29-2008, 07:39 PM
OP's quote from tube pretty much sums up the neocon movement among regular america.

They don't even know we are doing anything wrong. Twisted =/

Danke
09-29-2008, 07:59 PM
By the way,

Which begs the question, why are you surfing the net to find out about various explosive reactions?? :D

(recovering piro (http://www.leechvideo.com/tag/pirotehnic/)here)