PDA

View Full Version : Who's voting against their representative and senator if they vote for the bail out?

rp4prez
09-28-2008, 12:40 AM
Well? I am voting against them and going to do everything I can to get everyone I know to vote against them as well. Are you?

Micah Dardar
09-28-2008, 12:41 AM
I am voting against them no matter what

hillbilly123069
09-28-2008, 12:44 AM
I don't think we need to re-elect any of these clowns.

Dequeant
09-28-2008, 12:45 AM
Pretty sure all of us are.

Bman
09-28-2008, 01:12 AM
I'm all ready voting against them. My district Rep and one Senator are Neocon scum. My second Senator is a big governement Democrat. If they aren't removed I'll be personally trying to run against them if no one else worth while will in my district.

puppetmaster
09-28-2008, 01:16 AM
I am

GunnyFreedom
09-28-2008, 01:31 AM
I was already voting against them -- now I will be actively campaigning against them. I will go door to door in my district and explain why people should not vote for Etheridge, Dole and the other goy according to their votes on this bill.

ChickenHawk
09-28-2008, 01:41 AM
If my Congressman votes for it i won't vote for him. However, I won't vote against him because his opponent is a commie.

steph3n
09-28-2008, 01:45 AM
I am voting against every incumbent if this passes, I don't care how they voted. They didn't do there job to grandstand and prevent long enough. It only takes one with balls to get arrested for grandstanding to put a crimp on it.

If they get arrested for standing for the people, I will vote for them.

olehounddog
09-28-2008, 02:53 AM
I will have no choice but to vote against Foxx if she supports this bailout.. I told her I would.

GunnyFreedom
09-28-2008, 02:56 AM
I am voting against every incumbent if this passes, I don't care how they voted. They didn't do there job to grandstand and prevent long enough. It only takes one with balls to get arrested for grandstanding to put a crimp on it.

If they get arrested for standing for the people, I will vote for them.

So if you were in his district, you would vote against Ron Paul unless he landed in jail over this?

werdd
09-28-2008, 06:40 AM
I will actively campaign against them.

kathy88
09-28-2008, 06:45 AM
i was already voting against them -- now i will be actively campaigning against them. I will go door to door in my district and explain why people should not vote for etheridge, dole and the other goy according to their votes on this bill.

+1776

Sematary
09-28-2008, 06:55 AM
Well? I am voting against them and going to do everything I can to get everyone I know to vote against them as well. Are you?

I was planning on voting against them anyway so I'm good with that. :D

steph3n
09-28-2008, 07:39 AM
So if you were in his district, you would vote against Ron Paul unless he landed in jail over this?

at this point, yes.

Dorfsmith
09-28-2008, 08:49 AM
I was planning on voting against them anyway so I'm good with that. :D

Same here :D

ItsTime
09-28-2008, 09:05 AM
My Senator is up for re-election. I already told him if he is crazy enough to vote for the bail out I am crazy enough to vote against him. (I took that from someone else on the forum I thought it was cleaver)

inibo
09-28-2008, 12:46 PM
I am voting against them no matter what

My congressman is Chris Van Hollen. I will be voting against him regardless.

Senators Benjamin Cardin and Barbara Mikulski. Neither could ever get my vote anyway.

Austin
09-28-2008, 01:07 PM
I will not only be voting against them, I'll be actively campaigning for their competition.

cradle2graveconservative
09-28-2008, 01:09 PM
Edit

afmatt
09-28-2008, 01:13 PM
I am.

Josh_LA
09-28-2008, 01:45 PM
Who thinks voting against an incumbent is going to matter?

steph3n
09-28-2008, 01:51 PM

going to do more than vote; knock on doors, start wildfires of desire to vote them out, etc

TastyWheat
09-28-2008, 04:10 PM
I have no problem getting rid of my Representative (Democrat) and this bailout should remove any apprehensions I have about getting rid of my Senator (RINO).

kathy88
09-28-2008, 04:43 PM

Josh, I tend to share your pessimism, however, if I can't beleive in something at this point I will go stark raving mad.

surf
09-28-2008, 05:21 PM
i'm in. everyone must publicize how their 'reps' voted. meetups could buy billboards, we could fly airplanes over football games, put all their names on a blimp.... ahh, the good old days. at least this time we can't use "inexperience" as an excuse, and we should know how to work the MSM a little better.

point is - as a group, RPF and meetups need to get working now and IF this clusterf#ck is passed - we can help throw a bunch of them out (even though it's so often the douche v turd sandwich). any giant douche that votes for this deserves to be tarred and feathered (or at the very least voted out of office).

there are so many reasons to vote incumbents out

AndyWhite
09-28-2008, 05:28 PM
Unfortunately the only person challenging my representative (Diane Watson), is a collectivist, Keynesian, neo-con (http://www.crowley08.com/). :(

CountryMe
09-28-2008, 05:34 PM
You've got my vote! That they won't have my vote if they vote yes for the Bailout!

GunnyFreedom
09-28-2008, 06:06 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/2ymay6c.jpg

Mark
09-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Voting against BailOuters and campaigning for opponents

nodope0695
09-28-2008, 10:50 PM
I am!!!

RP4EVER
09-29-2008, 12:23 AM
The good news for me.....my Representative (Virgil Goode) will most likely vote against it. My senator (Old man Warner is retiring; and Im working for the Libertarian) is an open seat at election time

ShannonOBrien
09-29-2008, 01:54 AM
My house representative is a mainstream democrat. He voted against the Iraq War and Patriot Act. He voted against the FISA bill and made a big dramatic speech against it. But I have a feeling he is going to vote for this bailout bill. He's up for re-election right now and his opponent is neo-con who supported the war. He seems like a dummy who would vote like a typical neo-con.

Not sure how to vote...

hypnagogue
09-29-2008, 03:21 AM
I was going to vote against them anyway.

blocks
09-29-2008, 03:48 AM
I would never vote for Lynn Woolsey in the first place, but if she votes for this bailout in any form... I promised her that I planned to vote against her and do everything in my power to make sure that she does not retain her seat. Feinstein and Boxer...I'd never vote for them anyway, but I pretended that I would to scare them to a certain point...

Bigvick
09-29-2008, 05:26 AM
I am!!!

:cool:

Mister Grieves
09-29-2008, 05:34 AM
I am going to take the drive and determination I had in registering my friends who would otherwise not have voted, bringing them to the polls during the primaries to vote for Dr. Paul, and carry that over into the elections to ensure that they vote against our 'representatives' that vote for this bailout.

kaleidoscope eyes
09-29-2008, 05:37 AM
Well, when I called Rep. Hill's office the other day, it was stated that he (and I'm paraphrasing) didn't think the bill was great, but would consider it is it had more for the taxpayers in it. Sigh, I feel he going to vote yes. I let them know he has lost our vote if he votes yes, and (even though I think his opposition is a creep), I'll vote for him. ew.

LittleLightShining
09-29-2008, 05:40 AM
I am voting against them no matter whatMe, too.

lisajames96
09-30-2008, 08:07 AM
I am voting against them. Etheridge, and Price(BJ Lawson's opponent). Price sent me back this auto response...:mad: can you say tap dance!

Dear Mrs. Ingram:

Thank you for contacting me about our country's financial crisis and the proposed recovery legislation. Today the House defeated this legislation, the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act, by a vote of 205 to 228, despite my support.

Like you, I do not have any interest in "bailing out" Wall Street firms and business leaders who have speculated recklessly, endangered our country's consumers and homebuyers, and resisted regulation that would protect the public interest. My concern is for Main Street - for the people depending on a sound economy and the availability of credit to buy a house or car, to run their business and meet payroll, and to save for college and retirement.

Like it or not, we are all in this together, and the entire economy is threatened as we teeter on the edge of a 1929-style meltdown. Today Wachovia Bank, a North Carolina mainstay, collapsed. But this goes much deeper than bank failures. Last week, the City of Raleigh could not find a buyer for a $300 million bond, and Wake County cancelled its planned $472 million bond issue for school construction, Wake Tech, libraries, and open space acquisition. Both have AAA bond ratings.

Although President Bush lacks the credibility to be of much help, I take the dire warnings of economic analysts very seriously, particularly in light of everything that has happened in the last few weeks. But I could not support Secretary Paulson's request for a blank check for $700 billion to purchase mortgage-backed securities and stabilize the markets.

I thus became part of the intensive discussions over the last ten days to rewrite the Treasury plan in several critical respects. The legislation which came before us today would:

o Provide strict independent oversight and accountability for all activities undertaken by the US Treasury

o Release the $700 billion in installments, with multiple reviews along the way

o Make certain that the entire $700 billion is recaptured by the Treasury and thus by the American taxpayer, by requiring that taxpayers share in any profits resulting from the government's help and providing for assessment of the financial industry for any remaining losses

o Forbid "golden parachutes" and limit other compensation for executives of participating financial institutions.

o Require the government to work with participating institutions and loan servicers to help deserving homeowners negotiate reasonable repayment terms and stay in their homes

The defeat of the bill prolongs and perhaps deepens the crisis. Coordinating with the Senate, the House will need to return within days to try again. Perhaps the economic situation will then lead some members to reconsider. Perhaps the bill can be changed in ways that attract a majority; I certainly have a list of improvements I would like to see. But considering the members who voted "no," I will want to scrutinize carefully any changes designed to attract them.

I am committed over the next few days to continue working to avert financial collapse and get the best possible deal for America's taxpayers and homeowners. I welcome and share your concern about this situation and will be glad to hear from you at any time.

Sincerely,

DAVID PRICE

Member of Congress

PS: Please sign up for periodic updates on issues, events and town hall meetings at http://price.house.gov/contact/email_updates.shtml.

*** MY OFFICE IS USING AN ELECTRONIC MAIL RESPONSE SYSTEM THAT WILL FACILITATE EMAIL COMMUNICATION WITH CONSTITUENTS. PLEASE NOTE, HOWEVER, THAT I CANNOT GUARANTEE THE INTEGRITY OF THE TEXT OF THIS MESSAGE UNLESS IT HAS BEEN SENT TO YOU DIRECTLY FROM MY CONGRESSIONAL EMAIL ACCOUNT: nc04ima@MAIL.HOUSE.GOV ***

dawnbt
09-30-2008, 08:09 AM
This guy is fired!!!
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/dbeattie21/RON%20PAUL/2780403821.jpg
Sander Levin

nodope0695
09-30-2008, 08:11 AM
ME!!