PDA

View Full Version : Paper that got my teacher to look into Ron Paul.

jbrace
09-27-2008, 11:57 PM
So in my American Government class we had to write a paper on a presidential candidate we supported. She was an Obama supporter, but after she read my paper she looked into Ron Paul's views, and had me read my paper in the front of the entire class. For your entertainment..

Presidential Candidate Ron Paul

The Presidential Candidate I support is Congressman Ron Paul. Dr. Paul is a Republican Congressman from Lake Jackson, Texas. He’s married to his wife Carol, and they have been married happily for over 50 years. Dr. Paul studied at Duke University School of Medicine after his 1961 graduation and earned a residency in obstetrics and gynecology. He then became a U.S. Air Force flight surgeon, serving outside the Vietnam War zone. Dr. Paul ran for president in the 1988 presidential election as a libertarian, and placed third. Even though Paul is a registered Republican, he’s been described as a conservative, constitutionalist, and libertarian. Ron Paul views on current policies are complete opposite than his neo-conservative candidates that are running along with him. Paul argues that he has not gone away from the Republican platform; the platform has taken on new views.

First, Dr. Paul’s position on the War in Iraq has been clear from the beginning of this current presidential election. Actually, it has been clear before the election, when Congressman Paul voted no in 1998 for the Iraq liberation bill. He voted no because it would likely send us to war with Iraq. The bill called for the dismantling of a regime in Iraq; which is an act of war. Congressman Paul believes that we have just been looking for a reason to invade Iraq, and the current administration used 9/11 to take advantage of the American People. The United States invaded Iraq under false pretenses without a constitutionally required declaration of war. Congressman Paul is quoted saying, “Our Founders understood that how we go to war is as important as when we go to war, which is why we vested the power to declare war in the Legislative Branch”. Our mission to get Bin Laden turned into taking down Saddam Hussein, which had nothing to do with 9/11. With our current focus in Iraq it allows Bin Laden to portray us as occupiers, and recruit more members to his cause. Al-Qaeda now has terrorists in Iraq, a country it did not reside in before the war. Dr. Paul also supported to go after Bin Laden after the 9/11 attacks, but was very disappointed when the mission became one of nation building. Dr. Paul feels that with the national debt topping $9 trillion is not bad enough, every day we are at war it increases. Dr Paul says,
“To avoid raising taxes and the anger that would come from citizens during election time, the federal government borrows money from countries like Saudi Arabia, and China, making your children, and grandchildren dependent on other nations and selling our national security to the highest bidder”
Dr. Paul believes we are falling into Bin Laden’s hands with our current actions. The more congress spends, the less to fund Social Security and Medicare. Programs we as American citizens are dependant on. Bin Laden also proclaims that our falling dollar is a sign that al-Qaeda’s “bleed-until-bankruptcy plan” is working. On Dr. Paul’s first day as president he would devise and execute a plan to immediately withdraw our troops in the safest manner possible. He also points out that those who caution that leaving Iraq would be a disaster, are also the ones that said conflict would be a “cake-walk”. Dr. Paul feels that it is impossible to know when political factions that have been going to war for centuries will come together. Dr. Paul feels that it is time we bring our troops home, and focus on finding Bin Laden and make sure we prepare for future threats against our national security.
Second, Are Dr. Paul’s views on Abortion, and Immigration. Dr. Paul is strongly Pro-Life, and believes that life begins at conception. As an O.B. doctor that has delivered 4,000 babies, he has never felt is necessary to perform abortion to save the life of pregnant women. Dr. Paul doesn’t believe the issue should be a federal matter. America should reverse Roe v. Wade, and leave it up to the states. Next, Dr. Paul feels we must secure our borders now. It makes no sense to fight terrorist abroad when we leave our own front doors unlocked. Dr. Paul proposes a six point plan. 1. Physically secure our borders and coastlines. 2. Enforce visa rules. We must track and deport anyone who overstays their visa, or violates U.S. law. Don’t forget terrorist on 9/11 had expired visas. 3. No Amnesty. 10 to 20 million people are in our country, that’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws. 4. No welfare for illegal aliens. 5. End Birthright citizenship. It’s an incentive for illegal immigrant to come to America. 6. Pass true immigration reform. Our current would allow up to 60million more immigrants into our country. Dr. Paul believes it will be very highly unlikely to solve this problem if we don’t get back to having a healthy, thriving economy.
Third, Ron Paul’s campaign contributions, and endorsements. Ron Paul and his fundraising prowess has comes as a surprise to most, even to himself Ron Paul admits. Dr. Paul believes his message is what brings the money to his campaign. Despite being one of the lesser known candidates, he has set a new record for single-day fundraising with 6.2 million dollars collected. Dr. Paul also is the leading candidate from contributions from members serving in our military. He has more than: John McCain (pro-war). Mike Huckabee, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama –combined. All together Ron Paul has raised a respectable $28,101,264. With 28,028,828 coming from individual contributions, PAC following with $17,924, and other with $54,511. Dr. Paul has been endorsed by the NRA, and given an A+ rating from them. NRA supports Dr. Paul because he shares our founders’ belief that in a free society each citizen must have the right to keep and bear arms. They ratified the second amendment knowing that this is the guardian of every other constitutional right.
Lastly, Dr. Paul’s views on how the economy should function. In the South Carolina debate Dr. Paul was asked the following question. “Should Government have any role in stimulating the economy?” To sum it up, Dr. Paul responded with Yes, Indirectly it should, but not by interfering in the market rate of interest. Our problems we face today stem from this, and to solve the problems you ask the Federal Reserve to print more money out of thin air, and spend more money. This causes inflation. Then, you ask the Federal Reserve to lower interest rates, which makes the problem grow worse. The government does have a job which is a job and that’s to lower taxes, get rid of regulations, and devise a monetary system that makes sense. To appropriate more money leads us to bigger deficits. This is exactly what we are currently doing; we borrow from other countries, or ask the Federal Reserve to print money out of thin air. Dr. Paul points out to look at our dollar today, it’s crashing, and that you have to look at economy and foreign policy as the same. We are spending trillions of dollars to maintain an empire we cannot afford. Dr. Paul is quoted as saying “There has never been a war fought without destruction, inflation, and the devaluing of currency”. We are spending ourselves into oblivion but none of the republican candidates want to suggest cutting anything overseas, but we have to”. Dr. Paul believes we are in a recession, and the housing market is in a depression. The standard of living in the country is going down. The middle class is taking a lot of the burden, and this is all caused by over stimulation in the economy by artificial low interest rates, and our current foreign policy we follow. The government needs to reach a point where the government can be out of the way, have sound money, low taxes, less regulation, a sensible foreign policy, and not wasting out money overseas. Otherwise, our country’s future is looking very brim.
In conclusion, Dr. Paul has been called a conservative, libertarian, and constitutionalist. The point is a political party should not matter, a persons ideas and the message should determine what candidate a citizen votes for. Dr. Paul follows the constitution very strictly, a document that is arguably one of the greatest documents ever written. He takes the advice of our founding fathers, a group of men that obviously understood human nature quite well. The problems we face are because we do not follow the constitution. Gun right’s are a constitutional right of free law abiding citizens; it helps the people maintain their rights. Abortion should be left at the state level. The borders need to be closed; it’s not fair to the legal immigrants that follow the law to become citizens. Let’s not forget the law is the law. Our economy should have a monetary policy with sound money. The war in Iraq is un-constitutional; we went to war without a declaration of war. We committed the invasion of the war; don’t forget the Iraqi’s, and Bin laden had nothing to do with the attacks on 9/11. The war has been coined with the catch all phrase “The War on Terrorism”. Terrorism is a tactic; you can’t have war against a tactic. It’s deliberately vague and non definable to justify and permit perpetual war anywhere, and under any circumstances. The founding fathers never intended us to be the police men of the world. So why do we follow a foreign policy of empire building, and preemption that is far from a constitutional republic? As Ron Paul says,
“Special interests and the demented philosophy of conquest have driven most wars throughout history. Rarely has the cause of liberty, as it was in our own revolution, been the driving force. In recent decades our policies have been driven by neo-conservative empire radicalism, profiteering in the military industrial complex, misplaced do-good internationalism, mercantilistic notions regarding the need to control natural resources, and blind loyalty to various governments in the Middle East”.

Ron Paul believes we are straying away from our principles this country built upon, like the constitution. The War in Iraq, Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, and the Patriot Act, are examples of this. All are un-constitutional. Ron Paul is a breath of fresh-air to many Americans. The more his message gets out the more people catch on that peace, liberty, and prosperity aren’t such crazy ideas.

tonesforjonesbones
09-28-2008, 12:11 AM
<------STANDING AND APPLAUDING! Great paper! I bet you freaked out your teacher LOL...this is what I love about the Revolution...we have a very informed YOUTH! Way to go! Tones

texasbelle
09-28-2008, 12:19 AM
wow great job!!! That awesome you got to read it to the whole class!

ClayTrainor
09-28-2008, 12:21 AM
Great Paper man, i bet you converted some classmates along with your teacher ;)

Dequeant
09-28-2008, 12:44 AM
Great ending.

kathy88
09-28-2008, 06:41 AM
WONDERFUL paper. Good job.

olehounddog
09-28-2008, 06:48 AM
Bravo, Bravo
I loved it.

liberteebell
09-28-2008, 07:10 AM
A++++

Paulatized
09-28-2008, 07:14 AM
Excellent!!!!:d

MRoCkEd
09-28-2008, 08:27 AM
great

hvac ak47
09-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Nice Job!! A++++

Conza88
09-28-2008, 08:33 AM
The eyes nearly got watery there... :D

ShowMeLiberty
09-28-2008, 08:38 AM
Outstanding job! You are a credit to the r3volution!

withallmyheart
09-28-2008, 09:31 AM
That was a great paper you wrote.

LittleLightShining
09-28-2008, 10:38 AM
Fantastic!

SeanEdwards
09-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Wall of text crits you for 100,000 hp. You die.

CurtisLow
09-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Paper that got my teacher to look into Ron Paul.

http://zapfu.com/files/l8iu15nqc2ljg7bz0wdg.gif
Bravo!

CasualApathy
09-28-2008, 11:39 AM
*standing ovation*

angelatc
09-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Excellent! You did great!

ItsTime
09-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Great paper

SWATH
09-28-2008, 12:02 PM
I think you confused NRA with GOA. Ron Paul has not been endorsed by the NRA, infact the NRA loathes Ron Paul and has given him a B. A friend of mine spoke to Wayne La Pierre the president of the NRA about endorsing Ron Paul, to which he instead voiced him disdain for him. The GOA has always supported Ron Paul and has given him an A+, I think the only one to get an A+.

ClayTrainor
09-28-2008, 12:20 PM
I think you confused NRA with GOA. Ron Paul has not been endorsed by the NRA, infact the NRA loathes Ron Paul and has given him a B. A friend of mine spoke to Wayne La Pierre the president of the NRA about endorsing Ron Paul, to which he instead voiced him disdain for him. The GOA has always supported Ron Paul and have given him an A+.

Why would the NRA loathe Ron Paul? Ron Paul is for gun rights, what else does the NRA want?

gb13
09-28-2008, 12:22 PM
That's awesome. Hope you got an A.

SWATH
09-28-2008, 12:27 PM
Why would the NRA loathe Ron Paul? Ron Paul is for gun rights, what else does the NRA want?

The NRA is not for gun rights, they are for continuing the charade of constantly scaring gun owners into giving them money, and then shooting themselves in the foot snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, and then saying "we almost won, please send us more money".

The real NRA
http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:GncvEI6g3_4J:www.patriotpages.net/nrafraud.htm+nra+behind+gun+control+quotes&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=7&gl=us

The NRA and Ron Paul
http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:y_c2m1NUVVkJ:www.infowars.com/articles/us/paul_ron_nra_endorses_gun_control_democrat.htm+nra +behind+gun+control&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=us

The NRA is to gun rights organizations as Fox News is to news channels.

Conza88
09-28-2008, 04:25 PM

You really haven't been paying close enough attention.

CasualApathy
09-28-2008, 04:27 PM
You really haven't been paying close enough attention.

Well, don't be a jerk about it - answer the question.

TastyWheat
09-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Wonderful. I feel so upset that I'll never take any more politics or government courses (without a change of major) and be able to challenge the authority. Keep up the good work youth!

Conza88
09-28-2008, 04:41 PM
Well, don't be a jerk about it - answer the question.

Is CATO for free trade etc? Ohhh yeah of COURSE they are! :rolleyes:

OOPs, I mean managed trade..

The NRA is the same deal... they'll all front and have been for ages. Swath said it right. :)

jbrace
11-06-2008, 08:29 PM
I'm wanting to post this on my Facebook, can someone edit it for me? Feel free to spice it up also, or put in corrections.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
11-06-2008, 08:54 PM
nicely done! you ought to write a paper on the current economic "crisis" and how Ron Paul has been talking about it for years and years. You could really blow some minds there.