PDA

View Full Version : Congress Approves Bailout with Paulson/Bush

Magicman
09-27-2008, 11:24 PM
Congressional Leaders Announce Breakthrough in Bailout Bill Negotiations

By Lori Montgomery and Paul Kane
Washington Post Staff Writers
Sunday, September 28, 2008; 12:47 AM

Congressional leaders and the Bush administration last night struck a historic accord to insert the government deeply into the nation's financial markets, agreeing to spend up to $700 billion to relieve Wall Street of troubled assets backed by faltering home mortgages.

Negotiators emerged from a marathon session in the Capitol about 12:30 a.m. to announce that they had reached agreement on a proposal to give Treasury Secretary Henry M. Paulson Jr. broad authority to organize one of the biggest government interventions in the private sector since the Great Depression.

Full details of the plan were not immediately available. Lawmakers said their staffs would continue working through the night to commit them to paper. Under the plan, first put forward by the Bush administration in a late-night meeting with lawmakers just 10 days ago, Paulson would be authorized to purchase mortgage-backed assets from struggling firms in hopes of easing a credit crunch that has pushed global markets to the brink of collapse.

Continued Here: http://www. washingtonpost. com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/28/AR2008092800064. html

Eroberer
09-27-2008, 11:31 PM
We're screwed.

damania
09-27-2008, 11:31 PM
off with their heads!!!!!

revolutionary8
09-27-2008, 11:32 PM
warm up the pitchforks with the torches.

RevolutionSD
09-27-2008, 11:32 PM
Is it time for a revolution YET? :confused:

Ex Post Facto
09-27-2008, 11:33 PM
You're F-ing kidding me...there is only one thing that will stunt my anger now. Maybe they abolish the FED tomorrow. Here you go Mr. President there is your 700B and we will now take back our monetary system thank you.

RonPaulCentral
09-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Well, time to move.

revolutionary8
09-27-2008, 11:36 PM
Move where?
We need a mass anti-tax movement. I see that as the only alternative (right now) to an outright million pitchfork march.

Ex Post Facto
09-27-2008, 11:36 PM
The sheeple will not now think they are safe...ahhh the government fixed it. Guys get your hording going right now...get a few months worth of food that won't rot. Get your supplies in order. This is a brace under our economy that will crack at any moment.

Dequeant
09-27-2008, 11:38 PM
Putting the gold accumulation on hold.....

Buying up guns and ammo again.

revolutionary8
09-27-2008, 11:40 PM
The sheeple will not now think they are safe...ahhh the government fixed it. Guys get your hording going right now...get a few months worth of food that won't rot. Get your supplies in order. This is a brace under our economy that will crack at any moment.

Did Argentinians have the right to own guns when their economy collapsed?

Micah Dardar
09-27-2008, 11:40 PM
Well, time to move.

I thought about moving, but we can't hide from these globalists. Are there any states with the balls enough to defend their citizens that choose to no longer fork over money to the feds?

RonPaulCentral
09-27-2008, 11:42 PM
Move where?
We need a mass anti-tax movement. I see that as the only alternative (right now) to an outright million pitchfork march.

Panama or Costa Rica

revolutionary8
09-27-2008, 11:46 PM
I thought about moving, but we can't hide from these globalists. Are there any states with the balls enough to defend their citizens that choose to no longer fork over money to the feds?
Texas, Montana, Idaho, WV off the top of my head. Anywhere in the south is preferable to the North, save a few counties up north, NH, OR, UT, MT, upstate NY, NV, OH, etc. There are pockets everywhere save CA. lol.

BeFranklin
09-27-2008, 11:46 PM
The title isn't what the article says. It says congressional leaders with bush have agreed on ... Not congress has approved.

They were saying that last week too. No vote has been taking yet. Keep calling.

revolutionary8
09-27-2008, 11:47 PM
Panama or Costa Rica
Costa Rica's food costs have gone up a whopping 50% over the last few months. Plus, no guns allowed. Panama, same. It is the "trickle down effect" lol

RevolutionSD
09-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Move where?

Bingo!
We absolutely need a serious civil disobedience movement.

revolutionary8
09-27-2008, 11:50 PM
The title isn't what the article says. It says congressional leaders with bush have agreed on ... Not congress has approved.

They were saying that last week too. No vote has been taking yet. Keep calling.

I agree with this, but I think we need to start using harsher words. :D
Perhaps verbiage like "pitchforks and torches" and "storm the bastille". lol.

Ex Post Facto
09-27-2008, 11:50 PM
Did Argentinians have the right to own guns when their economy collapsed?

I think they did, but they were confiscated. The article I read on the daily Paul metioned that once TSHTF governments tend to take the guns away. I don't know if he was saying that generally or not.

RonPaulCentral
09-27-2008, 11:51 PM
Costa Rica's food costs have gone up a whopping 50% over the last few months. Plus, no guns allowed. Panama, same. It is the "trickle down effect" lol

You can carry a concealed gun in Panama and the permit is easy to get. On the other hand you can have an armed driver/bodyguard for $300 a month full time. And your "live in maid" runs $150 a month.

Sounds pretty damn good to me.... :)

I am leaving for Costa Rica on Oct 10 so I will check out costs while down there.

BeFranklin
09-27-2008, 11:54 PM
I agree with this, but I think we need to start using harsher words. :D
Perhaps verbiage like "pitchforks and torches" and "storm the bastille". lol.

Looting comes to mind as a word to use. Look at all the actual looting and theft going on on a billion dollar amounts and how much the people being bailed out are stealing in 25 million dollar going away packages.

Call in tomorrow and yell about looting and the upcoming election.

rockandrollsouls
09-27-2008, 11:55 PM
They did it despite their constituents begging them not to. We find out who voted for it and try ripping them out of office. This is it...

revolutionary8
09-27-2008, 11:58 PM
Looting comes to mind as a word to use. Look at all the actual looting and theft going on on a billion dollar amounts and how much the people being bailed out are stealing in 25 million dollar going away packages.

Call in tomorrow and yell about looting and the upcoming election.
Good idea. It is theft. We have the right as outlined in The Declaration of Independence to protect our life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

enjerth
09-28-2008, 12:01 AM
So does that means, since it cost us $2,300+ per person and I'm married with 2 children... I can abdicate $9,200+ of my credit card debt? (Although I'd have to run it up a bit first.)

revolutionary8
09-28-2008, 12:03 AM
You can carry a concealed gun in Panama and the permit is easy to get. On the other hand you can have an armed driver/bodyguard for $300 a month full time. And your "live in maid" runs $150 a month.

Sounds pretty damn good to me.... :)

I am leaving for Costa Rica on Oct 10 so I will check out costs while down there.
Well, thank you for that info on Panama, I thought there were no guns allowed.
Have fun in Costa Rica, but I could NEVER forgive myself If I "ran". I am not going anywhere, this is MY country, and I am not a runner. I have spent way too much time being angry at illegal aliens running from their corrupt government and trying to change OUR laws, rather than staying and fighting for their own rights. That would make me a hypocrite. I don't want any part of that. lol

thomaspaine23
09-28-2008, 12:04 AM
America, You've just BEEN BERNANKEED!!!!

Seriously, IMO this will make things worse. The wall street banks will dump bad paper and get gubment cash. However they will NOT loan it out.

They have just seen the FDIC bend the rules for WAMU-Jpmorgan. (If they didn't the FDIC would've gone broke). The big boys will use this as their example.

Hold your cash, let the small/regional banks fail. FDIC seizes them and then immediately tries a firesale.

Indeed the big banks will probably throw their new cash into commodities/foreign currency. (Since they know the Fed will inflate the Dollar).

End Result?

Decline in dollar via inflation, and currency trades by banks.
Spike in commodity prices due to inflation and commodity trades by banks
Increase in interest rates (as foreign investors expect a higher interest rate to mitigate exchange rate losses)
Higher interest rates, drive housing prices lower (higher interest means higher payments so your initial purchase price must be less.
Lower housing prices means current bad loans (the ones the gubment won't buy from the small banks) must be marked down MORE.
More markdowns lead to MORE bank failures...

Higher interest rates, AND small banks hoard capital so they won't be seized.
Economy contracts as these banks will not loan money to small business.
People get whipsawed, many more current home loans go underwater in value.
Fuel and food costs go through the roof....

The big question is will foreign investors believe this bailout alone will solve the problem? If not the treasury auctions will fail and then the SHTF.....

Micah Dardar
09-28-2008, 12:08 AM
Whatever happened to public use of the guillotine?

There's nothing like a head rolling down the sidewalk to say "you better not f#ck with me again".

Ooooo... that was a bit of gangster French New Orleans thought there! Off With Their Heads!

steph3n
09-28-2008, 12:13 AM
Move where?

pitchforks won't do anything but get everyone killed.

Ninja Homer
09-28-2008, 12:15 AM
Whatever happened to public use of the guillotine?

There's nothing like a head rolling down the sidewalk to say "you better not f#ck with me again".

That should be part of the Oath of Office. Just replace "so help me God" with "or I will be publicly beheaded."

Vote Waterman 2028
09-28-2008, 12:16 AM
I was talking to a few local political leaders, and tonight realized that the democrates have essentially fucked themselves. By back bush, and the house republicans not, they have essentially given McCain the power of veto on this bill. Because if he doesnt agree, house republicans will not vote in favor, if he does agree, then they pass it. This is why there so upset with house republicans, because if it fails, and it will, the blame will be on democrates instead of republicans, and obama campaign is in the shitter.

RonPaulCentral
09-28-2008, 12:19 AM
Well, thank you for that info on Panama, I thought there were no guns allowed.
Have fun in Costa Rica, but I could NEVER forgive myself If I "ran". I am not going anywhere, this is MY country, and I am not a runner. I have spent way too much time being angry at illegal aliens running from their corrupt government and trying to change OUR laws, rather than staying and fighting for their own rights. That would make me a hypocrite. I don't want any part of that. lol

LOL Actually I am not leaving yet (for good) this is just a vacation. But, I don't consider my upcoming move to be "running" I am just making a decision to retire somewhere my money will go a long way.

revolutionary8
09-28-2008, 12:22 AM

Oh please.

steph3n
09-28-2008, 12:23 AM
Oh please.

really, pitchfork against gun? :rolleyes:

might as well throw rocks at the tanks.

revolutionary8
09-28-2008, 12:24 AM
LOL Actually I am not leaving yet (for good) this is just a vacation. But, I don't consider my upcoming move to be "running" I am just making a decision to retire somewhere my money will go a long way.

Many people have had the same idea as yourself. You might think I am nuts, probably already do, SO- I will say it, look at and study HAARP. Inland is the place to be. Preferably backed by a mountain range.

jarofclay
09-28-2008, 12:24 AM
I was talking to a few local political leaders, and tonight realized that the democrates have essentially fucked themselves. By back bush, and the house republicans not, they have essentially given McCain the power of veto on this bill. Because if he doesnt agree, house republicans will not vote in favor, if he does agree, then they pass it. This is why there so upset with house republicans, because if it fails, and it will, the blame will be on democrates instead of republicans, and obama campaign is in the shitter.

I don't think this can be spun so cut and dry. If McCain doesn't approve the bill then he will be labeled as "letting the economy" fail. damned either way.

basically it doesn't freaking matter. all the government is doing is prolonging the inevitable for us all. they should just say "ok, this is dumb" , pack up their bags. put up a closed sign on congress and go home.

revolutionary8
09-28-2008, 12:25 AM

It is a FOS.
taa dahhh. :D

steph3n
09-28-2008, 12:26 AM
It is a FOS.
taa dahhh. :D

could be......

revolutionary8
09-28-2008, 12:27 AM
could be......
hmmmmm....

steph3n
09-28-2008, 12:29 AM
hmmmmm....

It is late and I am jsut wasting time waiting on an install to finish, take it with a grain of salt off a saltine.

revolutionary8
09-28-2008, 12:31 AM
It is late and I am jsut wasting time waiting on an install to finish, take it with a grain of salt off a saltine.

You aren't giving me much to work with, unless it is sea salt. :D
Chances are, if we are talking "saltines" it is not sea salt.
lol

Vote Waterman 2028
09-28-2008, 12:31 AM

shooting a tank with bullets would be essentially the same thing as throwing rocks, no damage, and your fucked. Unless somehow you have possesion of tank armor peircing bullets, and if so, let me know where you bought em so i can stock up :D

Ex Post Facto
09-28-2008, 12:33 AM
Anyone have $35 Million? I hear some pirate took some tanks. :)

steph3n
09-28-2008, 12:33 AM
shooting a tank with bullets would be essentially the same thing as throwing rocks, no damage, and your fucked. Unless somehow you have possesion of tank armor peircing bullets, and if so, let me know where you bought em so i can stock up :D

wrong direction.........take a right turn instead at the next stoplight

Micah Dardar
09-28-2008, 12:34 AM

Hmmmm... If enough Angry Americans pile up on that tank I bet it could be confiscated!

steph3n
09-28-2008, 12:35 AM
Anyone have $35 Million? I hear some pirate took some tanks. :)

hahaha some stinkin t72s they are probably not even having tracks.

I'd rather spend money building a nice underground house and putting solar and wind systems in place and just live peaceable to myself with family and invited friends.....

Micah Dardar
09-28-2008, 12:38 AM
hahaha some stinkin t72s they are probably not even having tracks.

I'd rather spend money building a nice underground house and putting solar and wind systems in place and just live peaceable to myself with family and invited friends.....

Keep your guns ready. They won't let you live in peace forever!

steph3n
09-28-2008, 12:42 AM
Keep your guns ready. They won't let you live in peace forever!

I always have a gun near, got dove to shoot :) Soon some deer and turkey.

revolutionary8
09-28-2008, 12:42 AM
Hmmmm... If enough Angry Americans pile up on that tank I bet it could be confiscated!
A few telephone poles (or trees) stacked up in bonfire fashion would put an end to that. And haven't we already learned how to stop tanks durning the Bolshevik revolution?

steph3n
09-28-2008, 12:44 AM
A few telephone poles (or trees) stacked up in bonfire fashion would put an end to that. And haven't we already learned how to stop tanks durning the Bolshevik revolution?

and they learned from it too.....come on this is the wrong thing to be saying you are being drug into a minefield. literally.

Vote Waterman 2028
09-28-2008, 12:45 AM

or watching saving private ryan.....STICKY BOMBS

revolutionary8
09-28-2008, 12:46 AM
and they learned from it too.....come on this is the wrong thing to be saying you are being drug into a minefield. literally.
You are right, but wrong.
How many do we have? And are "we" willing to die?
Answer to #1 - who knows. Answer to #2 I AM.
Answer number one will NEVER be attainable, because that answer had been SUPPRESSED.
muhahhhahhhahaha.
You will never know because you lie.

Vote Waterman 2028
09-28-2008, 12:46 AM
wrong direction.........take a right turn instead at the next stoplight

im not sure if your trying to be sarcastic and say that i take direction from other people aka sheep....please explain your comment?

Captain Bryan
09-28-2008, 12:48 AM
No, please elaborate.
I didn't find much on the googles.

revolutionary8
09-28-2008, 12:51 AM
No, please elaborate.
Protest the googles.
:D NOT ME. :D
(idiot)

revolutionary8
09-28-2008, 12:52 AM
No, please elaborate.

You are a total TOOL. :D
SO SORRY
Four some unknown reason, I tend to pull them out. :D
We go?

revolutionary8
09-28-2008, 12:55 AM
No, please elaborate.
hmmmm
hmmmmmmmm...
Spies like us.
:D
FUCK YOU CAP Bryan.
FUCK YOU.
GO USA

steph3n
09-28-2008, 12:56 AM
hmmmm
hmmmmmmmm...
Spies like us.

the yoohoos may have something

V4Vendetta
09-28-2008, 12:59 AM
I will be watching the way my congressman and senator vote.

revolutionary8
09-28-2008, 12:59 AM
the yoohoos may have something
Not sure what you are getting at, be ballsy, TELLUT.
bUT YEAH.

steph3n
09-28-2008, 01:00 AM
I will be watching the way my congressman and senator vote.

I will be giving them the Eagle Eye.....;)

steph3n
09-28-2008, 01:00 AM
Not sure what you are getting at, be ballsy, TELLUT.
bUT YEAH.

drink enough yoohoo and you make a WMD!
(wicked mass discharge)

revolutionary8
09-28-2008, 01:03 AM
I will be giving them the Eagle Eye.....;)
If the bastards try to TAKE IT, IT WILL FIGHT.
ASSHOLE.
PITCHFORKS
TORCHES

RonPaulVolunteer
09-28-2008, 01:05 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/28/AR2008092800064.html

steph3n
09-28-2008, 01:07 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/28/AR2008092800064.html

yea I know....doing the 'best for the people eventhough they don't know what is best for them, because we are gubbbamint we know bestest!'

revolutionary8
09-28-2008, 01:15 AM
(wicked mass discharge)

That is what they all say.
When the time comes,you will want me on *your side*
I promise.

LibertyEagle
09-28-2008, 01:36 AM
That should be part of the Oath of Office. Just replace "so help me God" with "or I will be publicly beheaded."

lol.

Works for me. :D

steph3n
09-28-2008, 01:38 AM
lol.

Works for me. :D

they already are fork tongued, would just grow another head like some freakish beast.

LibertyEagle
09-28-2008, 01:40 AM

"Meanwhile, House Republicans won a major victory, persuading negotiators to include a provision that would require the Treasury Department to create a federal insurance program that would guarantee banks and other firms against loss from any troubled asset, the official said. "

What's this BS??? Does this mean that they can go on creating these scam derivatives and that they all will be guaranteed, out into the future?

revolutionary8
09-28-2008, 01:40 AM
(wicked mass discharge)

Keep trying to MINIMILASIEFARRE...
we see.
asshat.
Laissez-faire

aravoth
09-28-2008, 01:44 AM
"meanwhile, house republicans won a major victory, persuading negotiators to include a provision that would require the treasury department to create a federal insurance program that would guarantee banks and other firms against loss from any troubled asset, the official said. "

what's this bs??? Does this mean that they can go on creating these scam derivatives and that they all will be guaranteed, out into the future?

major fucking victory, fuck them, fuck all of them

steph3n
09-28-2008, 01:44 AM
"Meanwhile, House Republicans won a major victory, persuading negotiators to include a provision that would require the Treasury Department to create a federal insurance program that would guarantee banks and other firms against loss from any troubled asset, the official said. "

What's this BS??? Does this mean that they can go on creating these scam derivatives and that they all will be guaranteed, out into the future?

yep! good work little bushies! /sarcasm

revolutionary8
09-28-2008, 01:46 AM
yep! good work little bushies! /sarcasm

revolutionary8
09-28-2008, 01:47 AM
///

revolutionary8
09-28-2008, 01:50 AM
never fucking mind

Join The Paul Side
09-28-2008, 01:51 AM

Did you think we won our freedom from the British without bloodshed??? Silly you.

aravoth
09-28-2008, 01:54 AM
Have they only reached an agreement, or have they actually voted on it?

steph3n
09-28-2008, 01:54 AM
Did you think we won our freedom from the British without bloodshed??? Silly you.

yes vision it now, out in the cold January night Gen Washington leads he brave troops of farmers carrying pitchforks across the hard frozen ground. As frostbite sets in they keep pushing forward, don't stop, if you stop you will die. Finally they come to the camp of the hessians and mercilessly stab them with pitchforks while they run for their muskets.

After a hard night fighting it was time to get some hoes and dig in for the night. with pitchfork by their trusty side they sleep.

cheapseats
09-28-2008, 01:55 AM
I thought about moving, but we can't hide from these globalists.

This is exactly the problem. Where is less bad without being even more expensive?

revolutionary8
09-28-2008, 01:58 AM
We are fucked.

Join The Paul Side
09-28-2008, 02:02 AM
yes vision it now, out in the cold January night Gen Washington leads he brave troops of farmers carrying pitchforks across the hard frozen ground. As frostbite sets in they keep pushing forward, don't stop, if you stop you will die. Finally they come to the camp of the hessians and mercilessly stab them with pitchforks while they run for their muskets.

After a hard night fighting it was time to get some hoes and dig in for the night. with pitchfork by their trusty side they sleep.

No need to be an asshole. A true patriot will protect their own with whatever means they can. Be it gun, knife, pitchfork, rocks......

revolutionary8
09-28-2008, 02:11 AM
No need to be an asshole. A true patriot will protect their own with whatever means they can. Be it gun, knife, pitchfork, rocks......
YES WE WILL, and thank GOD it won't be pitchforks and knives...assholes..

revolutionary8
09-28-2008, 02:27 AM

This is quite something to envision, let alone actually consider and live. I feel l lucky in that I have plenty of Layers to protect me these days (from the cold) but layers from bullets Are a diffiferent story.
All I can say, is that
my "time" is lonnnnng past.

erika
09-28-2008, 02:28 AM
Maybe the brittish can burn down the white house again?

cheapseats
09-28-2008, 02:29 AM
Picket outside their children's schools.

Why does Senator So & So only sacrifice OUR children's futures?

Some kids are more equal than others.

What's so special about Congressman So & So's kid?

Feed your OWN kids to the Beast.

B-b-b-ut family is off the table.

Oh, that's right.

I guess, then, keep telling them that you strongly disagree with it on principle...probably they just haven't heard you yet.

damania
09-28-2008, 02:30 AM
Patriots Unite

raiha
09-28-2008, 02:38 AM
Evening all!
Your leaders are even crazier than i ever thought possible. I've moved to a valley down a long gravel road but not far away from a small town which is called a transition town.
This means that people foresee hard times up ahead and theres a big cooperative garden happening for all the townspeople with a market every sat morn full of home grown and home cooked produce. I am off the power grid and have solar power and i cycle to work in the local hospital on my mountain bike. My water comes up from the stream below which i don't have to pay for. My biggest dilemma right now is to whether to buy another solar panel and batteries or a generator. You can get humming ones instead of roaring ones these days.

My contact with you Paulites over the past 8 months has propelled me in this direction...leaving the city, talking to my friends, getting a job in a rural setting and i must say even though its challenging, it is immensely satisfying. We are putting a big garden in...summer is coming our way. Next week i am going to buy some trees...avocado (a complete food) apple, grape vines and start a wee orchard.

So don't despair, you can turn it to your advantage...most of the worlds population live on under $2 a day. If you are young and healthy youve got everything....

I know, I know..its not MY country...but guess what...your leaders' stupidity is going to cause the downfall of the lot of us. Our federal reserve banking system and our debt based financial system is a clone of yours!
Good night and good lucK.

So sorry....

damania
09-28-2008, 02:42 AM
http://www.dunckleystreet.com/images/storm-the-media1.jpghttp://www.history.org/Foundation/journal/Spring06/images/tar_20.jpghttp://www.mkellstrand.com/whiskey/ky_adventure/history/images/tar_and_feather.jpg

cheapseats
09-28-2008, 02:43 AM
To go with your SlaveUprising, some manner of bread and water protest? Water Only Wednesdays, perhaps?

Obviously people will still eat/drink but, believe you me, if the Powers That Belong In Jail saw even one day of arrested sales...as the Dolly Parton character says in Steel Magnolias...they won't know whether to scratch their watch or wind their butt.

The coffee joints...without customers. The fast food joints...without customers. The cash registers at 7-11...not ringing. The restaurants...dead. The movie theaters...empty.

Congress, Big Bad Business and our Maniac In Chief believe that the People don't mean business. Congress, Big Bad Business and our Maniac In Chief have every reason to believe that the people don't mean business.

cheapseats
09-28-2008, 02:48 AM
There are only two avenues of influence, given the circumstances. Mess with their bottom lines or mess with their heads. They must be afraid for their bottom lines or their personal security...otherwise, what do they care how many People don't approve of what they're doing? Let them eat cake.

cheapseats
09-28-2008, 02:59 AM
ll

cheapseats
09-28-2008, 03:03 AM
IF YOU ACCEPT IT
OWN IT
There was nothing we could do doesn't cut it.

Sarge
09-28-2008, 03:41 AM
CS you have it right in my opinion.

I saw a suggestion to run on the small banks. Wrong. Many are well run and will be needed in tough times. They will be more likely to make a loan with the right documentation. That is where I keep our cash.

I just use the big boy for the credit card that I pay off each month because it is accepted world wide when we travel.

My understanding is the Rep's want to see the final language and they are likely to vote in Congress today. Senate Monday.

Mess with their money and minds could be a much more peaceful and powerful tool.

Who are the major players where the elite keep their money and play against our money?

Convince people to move their assets to more responsible people and they will learn.

700 billion cash being moved to well run smaller banks and credit unions would be a clear and loud message if they pass this bailout. If one does that, they should let them know why they are opening a new account loud and clear.

At the same time then vote out those that back the bailout. My guess is they will try to avoid a roll call vote so we don't know how they voted. In that case we assume they voted for it unless they have clearly come out against it prior to the vote.

Bottom line is American's could, if they were mad enough, move that much money in one day.

Not advocating. just commenting what could be done based on an individual's own thoughts if they pass the bailout.

cheapseats
09-28-2008, 03:42 AM
l

THERE WAS NOTHING WE COULD DO
THAT’S WHAT PEOPLE ALWAYS SAY
There's always a reason why not.

Mortikhi
09-28-2008, 04:49 AM
They don't all have security details.

Sarge
09-28-2008, 05:02 AM
Many do.

One needs to just get out, do their homework, and kick the tires.

DFF
09-28-2008, 05:25 AM
This is horseshit!

We, the people, are against this bailout by a landslide!

Other than USA today's propaganda, the polls aren't even close, 70% against, 30% in favor!

Yet our reps vote in their interests with OUR money!

Diplomacy has failed, and under the Constitution, we have the right to overthrow the government if gets too out of hand, and replace it with one that we see fit!

The time has come, and it's time for war! :mad:

werdd
09-28-2008, 06:38 AM
Fuck these guys.

They do not represent you, or 70% of the population.

Congress needs to be FIRED.

jyakulis
09-28-2008, 06:40 AM
ehh well, gonna give me a few more months to stock supplies.

Sematary
09-28-2008, 07:33 AM
Congressional Leaders Announce Breakthrough in Bailout Bill Negotiations

By Lori Montgomery and Paul Kane
Washington Post Staff Writers
Sunday, September 28, 2008; 12:47 AM

Congressional leaders and the Bush administration last night struck a historic accord to insert the government deeply into the nation's financial markets, agreeing to spend up to $700 billion to relieve Wall Street of troubled assets backed by faltering home mortgages.

Negotiators emerged from a marathon session in the Capitol about 12:30 a.m. to announce that they had reached agreement on a proposal to give Treasury Secretary Henry M. Paulson Jr. broad authority to organize one of the biggest government interventions in the private sector since the Great Depression.

Full details of the plan were not immediately available. Lawmakers said their staffs would continue working through the night to commit them to paper. Under the plan, first put forward by the Bush administration in a late-night meeting with lawmakers just 10 days ago, Paulson would be authorized to purchase mortgage-backed assets from struggling firms in hopes of easing a credit crunch that has pushed global markets to the brink of collapse.

Continued Here: http://www. washingtonpost. com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/28/AR2008092800064. html

I still have hope that the rank and file members will rebel against this atrocity, but it's a slim hope.

Sematary
09-28-2008, 07:35 AM
ehh well, gonna give me a few more months to stock supplies.

exactly

Sandra
09-28-2008, 07:46 AM
Didn't they make the same claim last week only to have it blow up in their faces?

UnReconstructed
09-28-2008, 07:51 AM
It says congressional leaders.... doesn't say that a majority of congress has approved it.

priest_of_syrinx
09-28-2008, 12:49 PM
I think they did, but they were confiscated. The article I read on the daily Paul metioned that once TSHTF governments tend to take the guns away. I don't know if he was saying that generally or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYxvVe9y5NQ&feature=related

Captain Bryan
09-29-2008, 12:41 AM
hmmmm
hmmmmmmmm...
Spies like us.
FUCK YOU CAP Bryan.
FUCK YOU.
GO USA

... Out of curiosity how much alcohol do you tend to drink on any given day?
I was just curious about what you said, so I tried to research it and found nothing.