PDA

View Full Version : REVOLUTION a Trap?

ronpaulforprez2008
09-27-2008, 10:52 PM
W. Cleon Skousen (http://www.skousen2000.com/) (Joel Skousen (http://www.joelskousen.com/)'s dad) wrote a 130pg summary of Carroll Quigley's 1,000pg book, Tragedy and Hope (http://www.amazon.com/Tragedy-Hope-History-World-Time/dp/094500110X). In Skousen's summary, called The Naked Capitalist (http://www.amazon.com/Naked-Capitalist-W-Cleon-Skousen/dp/0899683231), he says (pg 113):

"Everything they [the super-rich collectivists] do must be accomplished in an atmosphere of propaganda and deception. Otherwise, they keep running into a groundswell of resentment and resistance as they try to compel middle class Americans to give up their independence, their property, and their constitutional prerogatives.

Then what is the current strategy of the Establishment? It is two pronged: Pressure from the top and Pressure from the bottom.

The current tactic is to create revolution, violence and extremely serious social dislocation at the bottom while creating an ever-increasing pressure at the top for monolithic powers by demanding that the executive branch of the Federal government be given massive power to "solve" all these problems."

Given Quiqley's analysis of the Establishment, it certainly seems that one of their objectives is to create revolution at the bottom. So, I ask, where did this meme come from and are we setting a trap for ourselves by promoting the revolution (or slave uprising) themes?

steph3n
09-27-2008, 10:53 PM
those in power always want a reolution so they can expand their power, nothing new.

FrankRep
09-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Notice every solution the establishment creates includes More Government. People get so scared that they welcome the less freedom with open arms.

Also, violent revolution is a trap. The establishment is waiting for a reason to declare Martial Law.

NewEnd
09-27-2008, 11:03 PM
edited for a reason.

:)

TGautier421
09-27-2008, 11:03 PM
That's just a fancy way of saying 'Privatizing Wealth, Socializing Debt'.

ronpaulhawaii
09-27-2008, 11:07 PM
W. Cleon Skousen (http://www.skousen2000.com/) (Joel Skousen (http://www.joelskousen.com/)'s dad) wrote a 130pg summary of Carroll Quigley's 1,000pg book, Tragedy and Hope (http://www.amazon.com/Tragedy-Hope-History-World-Time/dp/094500110X). In Skousen's summary, called The Naked Capitalist (http://www.amazon.com/Naked-Capitalist-W-Cleon-Skousen/dp/0899683231), he says (pg 113):

Given Quiqley's analysis of the Establishment, it certainly seems that one of their objectives is to create revolution at the bottom. So, I ask, where did this meme come from and are we setting a trap for ourselves by promoting the revolution (or slave uprising) themes?

You are spelling r3VOLution wrong

:D

Truth Warrior
09-27-2008, 11:51 PM
Gee, I guess that maybe I should just be thankful and grateful that the welfare/warfare nanny state is here keeping the world safe from the revolutionaries, both foreign and domestic. :rolleyes: (FYI, it's hard to type while laughing ;) )

Vote Waterman 2028
09-28-2008, 12:08 AM
Think about katrina, in 3 days there was complete anarchy. Now imagine if our economy fails and people are getting welfare checks and grocery stores are closed up, etc. It will be like katrina nation wide in a week. no matter revolution or not, there will be martial law if the economy fails....no doubt about it.

alaric
09-28-2008, 12:29 AM
Think about katrina, in 3 days there was complete anarchy. Now imagine if our economy fails and people are getting welfare checks and grocery stores are closed up, etc. It will be like katrina nation wide in a week. no matter revolution or not, there will be martial law if the economy fails....no doubt about it.

they can contain 1 city at a time, but not 300,000,000 of us all at once!

Micah Dardar
09-28-2008, 12:37 AM
they can contain 1 city at a time, but not 300,000,000 of us all at once!

Really! Look at how they failed during Katrina! Imagine if all citizens would rise up! We could carry Ron Paul into the Oval Office!

Vote Waterman 2028
09-28-2008, 12:51 AM
Really! Look at how they failed during Katrina! Imagine if all citizens would rise up! We could carry Ron Paul into the Oval Office!

if we didnt get shot and pilaged by all the other anarchists, think about it, most of them have no idea who ron paul is, to them he's just another politician, and they would be revolting against politicians, so why would they trust another one......they wouldnt. it would be chaos, period.

Truth Warrior
09-28-2008, 12:56 AM
if we didnt get shot and pilaged by all the other anarchists, think about it, most of them have no idea who ron paul is, to them he's just another politician, and they would be revolting against politicians, so why would they trust another one......they wouldnt. it would be chaos, period. :rolleyes:

Deprogramming time. :D

You're an Anarchist (http://www.lewrockwell.com/shaffer/shaffer60.html)
Me too, says Butler Shaffer. So are all civilized men, in practice.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-28-2008, 01:03 AM
What we need to be worried about, and something I have already talked to him about, is Adam Kokesh being offered a buyout. I have been well-informed that this happens. That he will be offered a great sum of money to shut up and stop his activism or to change it's course so it is no longer effective.

I pray he never does that.

Vote Waterman 2028
09-28-2008, 01:06 AM
:rolleyes:

Deprogramming time. :D

You're an Anarchist (http://www.lewrockwell.com/shaffer/shaffer60.html)
Me too, says Butler Shaffer. So are all civilized men, in practice.

explain your comment?

constituent
09-28-2008, 06:14 AM

revolution is counter to human progress. personally, i have no desire to watch others hopelessly spinning their wheels.

that said, it's anything to bad mouth for you, isn't it?

is this how you stand up for change?

exactly why are you here, if it is not to alter the current political landscape?

what is your reason for being around, other than attempting to mitigate ANY potential damages (in a metaphorical sense) those of us who actually care might inflict upon tptb, that is?

Truth Warrior
09-28-2008, 06:20 AM
explain your comment? I found your distorted view of anarchists to be merely the mouthing of the boringly repititious "brainwash" statist programming BS propaganda. ;)

Did you read the article? :)

FunkBuddha
09-28-2008, 06:53 AM

All I gotta say about that is.

"Shit, if this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my dick in the mashed potatoes"

Sorry, I'm weird, I know. That's the first thing that popped into my head after I read your post. Make of it what you will.

BagOfEyebrows
09-28-2008, 07:47 AM

"Shit, if this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my dick in the mashed potatoes"

Sorry, I'm weird, I know. That's the first thing that popped into my head after I read your post. Make of it what you will.

hahaha - great post! :D Weird gets through these times a bit easier than the norm does, I think. Here's to hopin' they left some skins and unmashed chunks in, for texture.

My grandpa lived through the depression - this one will be much worse, but he said that his father dealt with things in such a way the impact wasn't felt by his family, and I suspect that those of us who know what really matters in life will be ok, although I know most of us are worried for 'the masses' that will be completely crippled by this ... those that rely on/depend on and trust the government and/or the banking system/wall st. are the ones that are gonna be hardest hit.

700 billion federal reserve notes has a value of zero dollars. I wonder when the call for gold and silver to be turned in will start... probably before year's end. Kinda weird how this history thing keeps repeating itself until the lesson is learned. Reality is a good teacher, and patient.

RevolutionSD
09-28-2008, 07:56 AM

Nothing wrong with complete anarchy.
Complete chaos (the opposite of anarchy) would be a problem.

fedup100
09-28-2008, 08:12 AM
The alternative to revolution is what we have now, how's that working out for you? The current fed gov crashed the ship on purpose, but I think it sank a bit quicker than they were hoping. That would be the sheer terror ( a revolution right now would scuddle their plans) we saw in their eye's last week.

pressure from above and pressure down below may create a revolution the sorry bastards wish they had never started. Should the people sit on their hands now as they sign this deal, then all of us need to hang our heads and get down on our knees and get your tongue warmed up for the Zionist neocon nazi's for they be's coming to a neighborhood near you real soon.

Too bad "The Forth Reich" isn't required reading for the unwashed asses, I mean masses.

TruckinMike
09-28-2008, 08:19 AM
R3Volution is a trap; only if it fails.

TMike

orafi
09-28-2008, 08:20 AM

it'd be a trap for tyrants, that's for sure.

JoshLowry
09-28-2008, 08:24 AM
So, I ask, where did this meme come from and are we setting a trap for ourselves by promoting the revolution (or slave uprising) themes?

On the home page.

The white band is a symbol that represents our unity and identity as slaves of the United States government. By wearing the white band we are showing our opposition to the status quo of big government, oppressive taxes, suppression of civil liberties, and the continued existence of the Federal Reserve. In addition, the color of the band does not stand for any race, color, or ethnicity; it stands for the purity of our cause and the innocence of those who cry out for freedom; for no man or woman has done wrong by peacefully demanding liberty and the right to live free.

If you are a slave, then join us and pledge to resist. Start wearing your white band!

ItsTime
09-28-2008, 08:26 AM
On the home page.

some people cant read.

Dequeant
09-28-2008, 08:32 AM
I was about to say.......

I think the writer seriously underestimates the power of a few million very pissed off american gunowners. You have to realise, there are a LOT of us that are ex-military, and quite a few of us are still IN.

ItsTime
09-28-2008, 08:38 AM
I was about to say.......

I think the writer seriously underestimates the power of a few million very pissed off american gunowners. You have to realise, there are a LOT of us that are ex-military, and quite a few of us are still IN.

Well those who revolt will not only be up against the US millitary they would be up against Canada's and Mexico's as well, who are much more willing to kill Americans than our own army. And lets not forget about Blackwater and the sort.

alaric
09-28-2008, 08:42 AM
Well those who revolt will not only be up against the US millitary they would be up against Canada's and Mexico's as well, who are much more willing to kill Americans than our own army. And lets not forget about Blackwater and the sort.

we are already up against these traitors and turds!

alaric
09-28-2008, 08:44 AM
also when this happens we will find out who in the military is on our side and who isn't.:D

Roxi
09-28-2008, 08:54 AM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA dude just make sure you warn a person first :) and out of curiousity, if it had gravy on it would you still do it?

georgiapeach
09-28-2008, 09:26 AM

I think that other countries will not feel to kindly towards a government that is wrecking a large chunk of the world economy. I doubt Mexico will stick their nose in it at all. Canada doesn't have much of a military, and most Canadians I talk to feel the same way about of government that we do.

BagOfEyebrows
09-28-2008, 09:41 AM
also when this happens we will find out who in the military is on our side and who isn't.:D

the same USA military that donated more to Ron Paul than all other candidates combined. :) I think a sleeping giant isn't just in the civilian population at this point, but also within our own military - which is good, of course. My guess is many within the military are being reminded of their oath - one person at a time.

As another poster mentioned, the blackwater/canada/mexico 'hired guns' might be a slight issue, but I don't think their numbers or their loyalty tops the amount of militia men and women here in the USA, nor could their loyalty to a 'job' top one's loyalty to the principles of freedom and liberty.

I don't think a violent uprising is neccesary, though - I think the empire is crumbling quite well upon its own, we can simply stay at attention and see what transpires - they are trying to incite a violent uprising, in my opinion, with the bailout - but - I agree with the theory it will be used to impose martial law.

I say just let the bailout numbers be pushed through unconstitutionally on paper, while voicing out against it as a majority as we are, and we'll deal with overturning it non-violently as time progresses, as the government gets weaker and weaker financially. Eventually, Blackwater employees as well as Canadian and Mexican 'hired guns' will realize our government doesn't have the money needed to pay them for any services rendered, as it's based on 'credit and faith', and not anything tangible - eventually our government won't be able to borrow any more money to pay, and that eventually is fast coming, so patience is key right now.

Good movie to watch about revolutions in times of economic crisis: The Singing Revolution - aside from the ending where the sovereignty and independence is given up to the UN (*groan*) , it's a great movie about how to accomplish things in the most logical, peaceful way possible.

Guns should only be drawn when the corrupt government attempts its own violent takeover of each state. Right now, we only have ourselves to blame for the Federal Reserve... we own responsibility for not taking action to get rid of it decades ago. We're just as accountable of our own inaction as the government is of its unconstitutional actions. With the collapse, we could easily end the fed - without guns. I think that should be the focus of every member of the militia - if there's a way to do this without any more bloodshed, that is the way to do it.

The Fed and our government are both so vulnerable right now - which is why both are in a panic. Let them panic. The masses are scared and angry - let them be scared and angry. We stay calm and do the work needed to take our power back. With compassion for everyone, including the fed, including our gov, including the masses - many got duped. Including our elected officials. Including Wall Street and Main Street. Including we, the people.

Rising up to the occasion with respect, clarity, and a clear plan of peaceful action is the way to go - gives all involved a choice - if gov or the fed get into a weirder panic and start shooting, well, then, we will have no choice but a call to arms, nationally and internationally - and we win in any scenerio, because our numbers and our foundations are far greater, more organized, sustainable and determined. I don't think the gov or the fed will start shooting first - they know that they are outnumbered and that they are running out of money.

The longer we delay militia action, the more people we can inform of actions they can take locally - then state - then federal. People are listening now at much greater numbers.

SeanEdwards
09-28-2008, 09:45 AM
if we didnt get shot and pilaged by all the other anarchists, think about it, most of them have no idea who ron paul is, to them he's just another politician, and they would be revolting against politicians, so why would they trust another one......they wouldnt. it would be chaos, period.

Humongous rules the wasteland!

powerofreason
09-28-2008, 09:50 AM
Taken from the New Hampshire Constitution:

[Art.] 10. [Right of Revolution.] Government being instituted for the common benefit, protection, and security, of the whole community, and not for the private interest or emolument of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, whenever the ends of government are perverted, and public liberty manifestly endangered, and all other means of redress are ineffectual, the people may, and of right ought to reform the old, or establish a new government. The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.

BagOfEyebrows
09-28-2008, 10:11 AM
Taken from the New Hampshire Constitution:

[Art.] 10. [Right of Revolution.] Government being instituted for the common benefit, protection, and security, of the whole community, and not for the private interest or emolument of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, whenever the ends of government are perverted, and public liberty manifestly endangered, and all other means of redress are ineffectual, the people may, and of right ought to reform the old, or establish a new government. The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.

there are many ways to take back a government - and many ways to revolt. Violence as a last resort only, and only in return to violence - especially in NH, where our own Governor (a Democrat!) said no to Real ID citing state law and our state constitution, and our state sovereignty, as the reasons this state would not impose upon its citizens Real ID.

New Hampshire, imo, should pay special attention to how a state can secede from a corrupt dictatorship without the use of arms - it's so achievable in times of economic crisis. Violence isn't even neccesary - if we just wait a few more months, we'll be able to begin the process so peacefully, I think.

I don't think a pre-emptive strike of violence is warranted because some crazy, wild, outrageous numbers of 'debt' are being pushed through a corrupt and/or clueless leadership's control of our current federal government - we can overturn that without guns. Paper to paper - guns to guns.

We should be rejoicing - we're witnessing the actual collapse of the empire... it will create a political environment where truth trumps lies, where facts trump propaganda, where the masses wake up fast and furious and recognize how they were manipulated, and they will, in turn, demand liberty. You can hear it out there, in grocery stores, in waiting rooms... people are paying a lot of attention right now. And printed out campaign for liberty action sheets and information sheets are working.

Dequeant
09-28-2008, 11:02 AM

One thing i do not fear is Canada and Mexico's military. That would help a revolution more than any other single thing.

No American would approve of them on our soil.

ronpaulforprez2008
09-28-2008, 01:09 PM
It is clear the establishment wants a "revolution" in the lower end of society. Does it not make sense to think about their goals and strategies and figure out ways to combat them, rather than simply move in a direction that is aligned with their strategies?

I don't think a violent uprising is neccesary, though - I think the empire is crumbling quite well upon its own, we can simply stay at attention and see what transpires - they are trying to incite a violent uprising, in my opinion, with the bailout - but - I agree with the theory it will be used to impose martial law.
They WILL incite violence, you can be sure of that!

that said, it's anything to bad mouth for you, isn't it?
It's fine to disagree, and it's fine to put forth your own point of view, but it is NOT fine to turn this into some sort of personal war or vendetta. Stay focused and stay respectful please.

On the home page.
What I am looking for here is the original thinking behind the various memes that have developed and the persons responsible for developing these memes (ie. who are they, what is their background, what are their "interests"?). Simply quoting the web site is not what I was after here when attempting to understand the thinking of individuals behind the "revolution" theme.

Overall folks, I strongly recommend that everyone maintain their ability to think outside frames. To continually distrust ones owns perceptions and challenge themselves to rethink people, situations and strategies. As soon as one falls into any particular frame, one becomes captive of that perspective and looses the ability for open and creative thought. Challenge yourself to think about this "revolution" meme, what it means, where it is going and why the Establishment would want 'us' to start a revolution.

Indy Vidual
09-28-2008, 01:26 PM
Failed during Katrina?
Are you assuming the Fed's were trying to help?
Post-Katrina was, perhaps, a very sick and successful experiment. :eek: