PDA

View Full Version : Gold Denominated Bank Accounts.. No More FIAT!!

nbruno322
09-27-2008, 04:47 PM
Check out

http://www.goldmoney.com/en/index.php

They offer gold denominated bank accounts. I have been looking into this over the past couple of days and I believe they offer the best gold-backed accounts available to average Americans. GoldMoney is also recommended in Peter Schiff's book, Crash Proof.

Chase
09-27-2008, 04:56 PM
I have an account at GoldMoney. I like them. The only problem is that the only way to get money out of the US into your GoldMoney account is via SWIFT wire, which usually has an associated fee ($15 in my case).

warmth of the sun
09-27-2008, 05:32 PM
Is it easy to exchange your gold deposit for cash if need be?

Bruno
09-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Check out

http://www.goldmoney.com/en/index.php

They offer gold denominated bank accounts. I have been looking into this over the past couple of days and I believe they offer the best gold-backed accounts available to average Americans. GoldMoney is also recommended in Peter Schiff's book, Crash Proof.

True, he recommends them, with on caveat: if the U.S. makes gold ownership illegal, it is uncertain what might happen to your assets.

Josh_LA
09-27-2008, 06:04 PM
True, he recommends them, with on caveat: if the U.S. makes gold ownership illegal, it is uncertain what might happen to your assets.

Good point, if you're going to own gold, have it secret.

RonPaulCentral
09-27-2008, 10:42 PM

GoldMoney would not say a word.

DFF
09-27-2008, 10:45 PM
Do you know how many people own guns in the country - especially in the South? If the [Govt.] made holding gold illegal, we'd have a second civil war on our hands.

DFF
09-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Is it easy to exchange your gold deposit for cash if need be?

Good question. On GM's site, they only comment (as far as I'm aware) on using your gold for making payments to a counterparty.

The only problem is that the only way to get money out of the US into your GoldMoney account is via SWIFT wire, which usually has an associated fee ($15 in my case)

OK...how do you get money out of your GoldMoney account into your bank account here in the US?