PDA

View Full Version : Order your SlaveUprising.com Cards

JoshLowry
09-27-2008, 04:26 PM
Front
http://i38.tinypic.com/mtkykj.png

Back
http://i34.tinypic.com/t02338.png

Chipin Ended. Thanks to all that donated.

We will have a paypal account you can order more cards from in a few days.

If you would like to order on your own from PrintRunner.com Here is how:

PrintRunner.com has some of the better prices that are out there.

100 - Color and Gloss on both sides is $9.99 + Shipping
1,000 - Color and Gloss on both sides is $24.99 + Shipping
5,000 - Color and Gloss on both sides is $74.99 + Shipping

If you want to order cards from PrintRunner you will need to select "4/4 = Full color on both sides | UV Both sides" and upload the front and back design.

Here are the files you will need to download and then upload to their site when ordering: http://www.slaveuprising.com/slaveuprisingcard.zip

Do not try and use the images above in my post, it won't work.

Cowlesy
09-27-2008, 04:34 PM
I love these, but they don't convey what you are rising up against. It could be tough to sputter out in a 3.5 second passing convo what they're about.

I'll buy some just because they'll make people ask the question "what am I a slave for?"

Cowlesy
09-27-2008, 04:36 PM
Bought 3,300 to give out to my fellow "compadres" in NYC.

constituent
09-27-2008, 04:40 PM

f*n a, man. that's awesome. maybe we should work on a "list of grievances" flyer that you can print out to go along w/ them if you'd like?

Kludge
09-27-2008, 04:42 PM

Lmao... I love you I think, Cowlesy.

<3

JoshLowry
09-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Thanks Ryan. We'll be able to order more cards this way. Details will be on the SlaveUprising Forum.

I was shooting for a design that would get the gears going in someone's head while giving them the two best quotes.

I'll design a card more specific to what you are looking for next go around.

Cowlesy
09-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Keep the Roman Senator quote, it is terrific!

The little rusty gears in my brain are cranking, trying to figure out a 2 line phrase that explains the card.

Keep the pedal to the floor on this gents. It is a great grassroots idea!

constituent
09-27-2008, 08:17 PM
bump

cheapseats
09-28-2008, 11:43 AM
Simon Legree playing cards...the 52 most egregious of the Ruling Elite, with Bush and Cheney as Jokers.

They'll sell like variable rate loans...think stocking stuffers. Stocking stuffers are all that many people will be able to afford, come Christmas. Card playing will be affordable entertainment...think WAR. Think Old Maid.

ItsTime
09-28-2008, 11:44 AM
very nice looking

constituent
09-28-2008, 11:49 AM
Simon Legree playing cards...the 52 most egregious of the Ruling Elite, with Bush and Cheney as Jokers.

They'll sell like variable rate loans...think stocking stuffers. Stocking stuffers are all that many people will be able to afford, come Christmas. Card playing will be affordable entertainment...think WAR. Think Old Maid.

that is a bad-ass.

i love it.

gonna talk to the mrs., she's an artist.

josh, think we can make a long-term/short-term proj. out of this? know other artists?

cheapseats, any ideas on the 52?

JoshLowry
09-28-2008, 12:06 PM

that is a bad-ass.

i love it.

josh, think we can make a long-term/short-term proj. out of this? know other artists?

Great ideas.

I created a new thread here: http://slaveuprising.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72

cheapseats
09-28-2008, 12:09 PM
that is a bad-ass.

i love it.

Whack a politician...half a dozen Roman Senators, at least.

Nancy Pelosi...Turncoat and, not coincidentally, wife of an Uber Rich Player. (Opposition will want a list of the women in Congress who are married to Players.)

Henry Paulson

Ben Bernanke

Top Dog at EXXON, the current one AND Fat Bastard

Top Dog du jour at AT&T

Donald Rumsfeld

Paul Wolfowitz

Dana Perino

Alberto Gonzales

Money In The Freezer Jefferson

Disgraced CEO'S e.g. Stan O'Neal

Your problem will be LIMITING it to 52.

Which Players made a killing on the sub-prime collapse? There ARE specific people.

ItsTime
09-28-2008, 12:15 PM
I just joined the Slave Uprising forum

Cowlesy
10-08-2009, 02:11 PM
I forgot I pissed away $200 bones on cards that never were shipped to me.

constituent
10-08-2009, 02:15 PM
I forgot I pissed away $200 bones on cards that never were shipped to me.

lol, funny thing, i've still got them. despite an eviction, and three moves in a short period of time, i did land on my feet and do still have them.

(not to mind the inglorious way in which the whole slaveuprising thing went down)

as a matter of fact, i'll ship them to you in the morning. all of them.

but hey, i can't help but notice you're attempt to snipe at me. what gives?

care to pm? i'd love to hear your motivation.

Cowlesy
10-08-2009, 02:19 PM
I don't want them anymore.

I had never looked at the Archive section on the forum before and ran across this section which re-ignited my "I forgot about that one" issue.

Use them as campfire starter for all I care.

I guess you can take it as a snipe, as one would of course be justified, but nothing you recently wrote triggered it -- just my doddling through the archive section.

constituent
10-08-2009, 02:21 PM
I guess you can take it as a snipe, as one would of course be justified, but nothing you recently wrote triggered it -- just my doddling through the archive section.

and I don't deny that. But I've apologized to you before... a couple of times. Guess that's what made me say "hmmmm." Didn't realize there was still beef. It's whatever though, if you're carrying a chip about it. I'd make it up to you if I could, as i value your --albeit distant--friendship, but won't be losing any sleep.

I guess i'm just kinda wondering if my mod. criticism in the other thread didn't get your gears turning. it wasn't pointed at you.

JoshLowry
10-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Yea I'm probably going to delete that website.

constituent
10-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Yea I'm probably going to delete that website.

The idea is still a solid one. Frankly, given any number of events and "revelations" since then, we're probably fortunate that the thing stopped rolling. (I don't expect anyone to understand or agree.)

JoshLowry
10-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Frankly, given any number of events and "revelations" since then, we're probably fortunate that the thing stopped rolling. (I don't expect anyone to understand or agree.)

You are a strange cat. (Who puts in a disclaimer that says no one will understand or agree with their post?)

constituent
10-08-2009, 03:01 PM
You are a strange cat. (Who puts in a disclaimer that says no one will understand or agree with their post?)

I'll take that as a compliment, whether you meant it that way or not!

(someone who spends his spare time studying really boring shit like the relationship between author/narrator/reader. also, experience has taught me that
unless I clarify everything, it is guaranteed that someone will misunderstand and crank up the flamethrower. I'm getting too old for all that.)