PDA

View Full Version : I want my VEGAS trip BAILED OUT

damania
09-27-2008, 03:47 PM
I'm writing to Henry Paulson and Congress in hopes that they will BAILOUT my VEGAS trip.

If they don't bail me out, I can't get my wedding ring back from the local pawn shop who gave me the loan for the VEGAS trip. Furthermore, if my checking account isn't replenished with any more of that fiat cash, I won't be able to purchase any more HDTVs, SUVS, go dining in fancy restaurants, fly to foreign islands for vacations, or go on any more cruise trips. You will suffer serious and dire consequences that you will regret if you do not bail me out. (hint of blackmail)

I'm for the $700 billion bailout. Heck make it $10 trillion... But only if I get piece of that $700 billion action.

BeFranklin
09-27-2008, 03:54 PM
My dog needs bailed out. He can't affrord the more expensive dog food.

anaconda
09-27-2008, 03:54 PM
'm writing to Henry Paulson and Congress in hopes that they will BAILOUT my VEGAS trip. If they don't bail out, I can't get my wedding ring back from the local pawn shop who gave me the loan for the VEGAS trip. Furthermore, I won't be able to purchase any more HDTVs, SUVS, go dining in fancy restaurants, fly to foreign islands for vacations, or go on any more cruise trips. Let it be known, I'm not blackmailing anyone, just suggesting the truth.

I'm for the $700 billion bailout. Heck we make it $10 trillion... But only if I get piece of that $700 billion action.

In all seriousness, this is not as silly as one might think....

Why not send the "bailout" liquidity directly to the taxpayers instead of initially through the banks? That way, the unhealthy banks can fail, and the People will spend the money and, through the money multiplier, it will rapidly work its way through the banking system providing the banking system with gobbs of fresh liquidity and credit. And stimulate the heck out of the economy.

Why haven't we heard anyone in Congress suggest this? Even RP might have suggested it as an alternative to the Wall Street bailout.

I don't get it. Any solid economists out there that can set me straight? Thanks.

damania
09-27-2008, 04:08 PM
The Slave System does not work that way. The money must always go to the top and then trickle down in bits and scraps that people will then scavenge and think how lucky they are.

Did you ever stop and think how the system is set up? Why would it be setup this way?????

Why not trim the mortgages and give fixed loans to those in trouble of losing their homes? This will save the banks...

BeFranklin
09-27-2008, 04:14 PM
The Slave System does not work that way. The money must always go to the top and then trickle down in bits and scraps that people will then scavenge and think how lucky they are.

Did you ever stop and think how the system is set up? Why would it be setup this way?????

Why not trim the mortgages and give fixed loans to those in trouble of losing their homes? This will save the banks...

Even the dog gets the scraps. Where's mine? Woof.

anaconda
09-27-2008, 04:28 PM

But Congress is dealing with a furious bunch of constituents right now. Even if they were not serious about it and it represented only political grandstanding, I would think many Congress members would be coming out and allegedly supporting sending the liquidity infusion directly through the taxpayers healthy bank accounts, and simply let it quickly work its way through the banking system. It takes something like 11 months.

Kludge
09-27-2008, 04:32 PM
My net worth is negative!

Save me Henry Paulson!!!

damania
09-27-2008, 10:07 PM
The bailout is only going to hold this thing with glue for about 2-3 months. Remember those nasty Option ARMs and ALT-A? mortgages? YEah.. Those are just around the corner.