PDA

View Full Version : An interview with Andrew Bacevich - worth watching

SeanEdwards
09-27-2008, 02:01 PM
Bill Moyers interviews Andrew Bacevich, author of "The Limits of Power". This man has some very important things to say, and Moyers gives him free reign to air his views. Fans of Ron Paul will find a lot to agree with. Highly recommended.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/09262008/watch.html

RSLudlum
09-27-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm reading his book "The Limits of Power" right now and it is definitely a good read. So far the main premise of the book is that the problems with America right now is a redefining of freedom as the pursuit of quanity over quality, and this has brought upon our current political, economic, and foreign policy problems. Basically he says we have lived beyond our means for too long and now don't want to own up to the responsiblity, and political "leaders" have exasperated the problems.

The book starts off with a biblical scripture "Set thine house in order". With this fact, he doesn't go into religion but does slightly purport a 'moral decay'. Also he's very critical of Dem's and Repub's and bashes the hell out of Reagan saying the Reagan Revolution was a conservative farce in fiscal respects. Also rips into various think tanks including the CFR of which he is a member of. (Yes, it seems not all CFRers are punks) :p

And to put it all in perspective, he's a Vietnam vet and his son died in the Iraq War.

tropicangela
09-27-2008, 05:06 PM
When he said his son died in Iraq, I was floored. Great interview, thx for posting.

libertarian4321
09-28-2008, 06:24 AM
Bill Moyers interviews Andrew Bacevich, author of "The Limits of Power". This man has some very important things to say, and Moyers gives him free reign to air his views. Fans of Ron Paul will find a lot to agree with. Highly recommended.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/09262008/watch.html

I saw the interview when originally aired and liked it.

Haven't gotten around to his book yet, but its on my list.