PDA

View Full Version : Bank Bailout = Corporate Bank Ruling Class

enjerth
09-27-2008, 12:49 PM
This is what I wrote to my congressman today.

Dear Congressman Smith,

I write you once more to urge you not only to oppose bailouts, but to stand up and speak strongly against them.

One law for the rulers, and another for the ruled.

What these bailouts means is that these institutions are a part of the ruling class, endorsed by the government. They are not subject to the same market rules that the commoners face. To not permit failure is to establish them as a class above we the people. This must not be permitted. Free market capitalism is in it's death throes today.

I feel the need to remind you the wise words of Thomas Jefferson, who predicted this.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

We have seen inflation, and now we are facing deflation. But the culprit here is the banks and particularly the federal reserve. They must not be allowed to control the market, but be subject to it. If you allow them to perpetrate this crime and bail them out when their path gets rocky, then you will only serve to accelerate this end.

I call on you to heed the warnings of our great founding fathers and carefully consider the instructions of the Constitution, for they are not obsolete or out of date, and are certainly written for a time such as this.

Say no to the corporate bank ruling class.

Thank you,
Jeremiah Ellison

enjerth
09-27-2008, 06:16 PM
Bump

mkeller
09-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Great letter! I think I might steal it. :)

damania
09-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Go ahead steal it. The other side already stole their's.

enjerth
09-27-2008, 11:21 PM
Great letter! I think I might steal it. :)

Be my guest. I'd love to have that sentiment repeated a million times.