PDA

View Full Version : WAMU Shareholders Robbed - Are you one?

RonPaulCentral
09-27-2008, 09:41 AM
It is clear to me that WAMU was the latest government/banker heist. They did NOT need to be taken over on at the time it was done. WAMU still had life left in it and there was still time for other solutions. Anyone that tells me WAMU could not have lasted until next week and participated in the "bailout" that everyone else is going to take advantage of is totally full of it.

The robbers came in the night and shut WAMU for Political reasons... for political reasons to create fear for this "bailout".

There needs to be a serious investgation. I think the FDIC and JPMorgan put a plan into action to steal from the shareolders and leave them with noting. Take all the good for a robbers price (almost nothing) and leave the crap to be bailed out.

There needs to be a shareholder action. If you are a WAMU shareholder please contact me via PM. I am not going to take this without a fight.

fedup100
09-27-2008, 09:46 AM
It is clear to me that WAMU was the latest government/banker heist. They did NOT need to be taken over on at the time it was done. WAMU still had life left in it and there was still time for other solutions. Anyone that tells me WAMU could not have lasted until next week and participated in the "bailout" that everyone else is going to take advantage of is totally full of it.

The robbers came in the night and shut WAMU for Political reasons... for political reasons to create fear for this "bailout".

There needs to be a serious investgation. I think the FDIC and JPMorgan put a plan into action to steal from the shareolders and leave them with noting. Take all the good for a robbers price (almost nothing) and leave the crap to be bailed out.

There needs to be a shareholder action. If you are a WAMU shareholder please contact me via PM. I am not going to take this without a fight.

This is a planned part of the 6900 protocol and they are going to do it to every bank and anything else they can get their hands on. This is why Paulsen wants total control, can't be reviewed by any court. I have posted the damn thig and no one is interested.

I hate surprises. I want to know a little bit about what is around the corner for me and my family. If David walker is right and I believe he is, all of us will be stunned at how quickly EVERYTHING will be shut down over nite. I cannot stress having enough people and pet food and bullets, it is coming down hard.

HOLLYWOOD
09-27-2008, 09:55 AM
Sheila Blair, Henry Paulson, Ben Bernake... all Zionists and Elitists, of the Totalitarians of Power/Control.

Don't give in, FIGHT the OLIGARCHY BASTARDS !

Bruno
09-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Sheila Blair, Henry Paulson, Ben Bernake... all Zionists and Elitists, of the Totalitarians of Power/Control.

let's not forget McCain, Palin, Obama, and Biden

dannno
09-27-2008, 10:02 AM
My mom was a real estate appraiser when they popped up everywhere back in the 90s and she worked for them for a little while. Eventually they let her go for no good reason when she was outperforming her coworkers.. I was convinced even back then that she was being a little too honest with the housing prices for their likings.

fedup100
09-27-2008, 10:06 AM

uh oh, you've hit the shit switch now. Please do not let the sheeple know who their true enemy is, they might do something about it.

Please God, when it all comes down, let me see a skinny zionist lovin preacher from San Antonio named "The No Jesus in My Prayers" John Hagee.

socialize_me
09-27-2008, 10:07 AM
I was reading where the shareholders are going to file lawsuits over this whole thing. WaMu was not insolvent nor in a dire state, yet the FDIC took them over anyway. I think this may have been done to push the bailout package as people would be panicking seeing yet another major bank bite the dust. Didn't work though :)

RonPaulCentral
09-27-2008, 10:24 AM
I was reading where the shareholders are going to file lawsuits over this whole thing. WaMu was not insolvent nor in a dire state, yet the FDIC took them over anyway. I think this may have been done to push the bailout package as people would be panicking seeing yet another major bank bite the dust. Didn't work though :)

That is absoltely correct, it was NOT necessary at the time. I totally think it was done as a way to try to push the bailout package.

1) It was done on a Thursday (very rare)
2) It was done on the eve of when the "bailout ass screwing" was to take place
3) The bank was not insolvent
4) JPMorgan had already agreed to the deal and knew EXACTLY what was being transferred
5) The shareholders get NOTHING.

Far too convenient. I am going to pursue this myself and want to start action on behalf of all shareholders.

I totally believe that if you are going to play stocks (as I was doing) you should be responsible for your losses... EXCEPT if you losses was due to what amounts to preplanned ROBBERY. I lost THOUSANDS between 3pm and the end of day on Thursday. Knowing they were going to do this and allow people to purchase shares hours before was robbery with knowledge BEFORE the fact.

This was flat out robbery. If this is going to stand I will sell everything I own and transfer the money offshore... and I will NEVER pay taxes again to this illegal police state bandits again. I was planning on retiring outside the US in a couple years anyhow. Seems like my time table might be stepped up.

I have never before in my life been as pissed off as I am right now.

Also, to address others comments... I also really believe it is about to come apart at the seams. I have never in my life before gone to a bar and listened to 10+ people in a circle slamming back beers openly discussing stopping paying taxes entirely, preparing to FIGHT the resulting action taken due to their plans and flat out rebelling against the system. This was not a bunch of drunken fools either. One of them is an attorney friend of mine. This is one of the only things I believe is going to get the attention of the crooks and bandits in Washington and NY.

It is all getting ready to come apart.... and hard.

eric_cartman
09-27-2008, 10:32 AM
i would be surprised if there was a ron paul supporter on this board who was dumb enough to own common stock in WM. if you've been following ron paul and reading these forums, you would have to be out of your mind to think that WM stock was a good stock to own.

rockandrollsouls
09-27-2008, 10:36 AM

Are you kidding me? Sound like you were a disgruntled shareholder. WaMu shouldn't have been seized, but they were going to go bankrupt, no matter how you slice it. $1.96 was about $1.96 too much for their shares.

rockandrollsouls
09-27-2008, 10:37 AM
i would be surprised if there was a ron paul supporter on this board who was dumb enough to own common stock in WM. if you've been following ron paul and reading these forums, you would have to be out of your mind to think that WM stock was a good stock to own.

Wrong. Ron doesn't give financial advice like that, and that's what makes me mad. The notion has been if you follow Ron you are suddenly a genius stock picker even if you've never had any education. Give me a break.

Mark
09-27-2008, 11:22 AM
That is absoltely correct, it was NOT necessary at the time. I totally think it was done as a way to try to push the bailout package.

1) It was done on a Thursday (very rare)
2) It was done on the eve of when the "bailout ass screwing" was to take place
3) The bank was not insolvent
4) JPMorgan had already agreed to the deal and knew EXACTLY what was being transferred
5) The shareholders get NOTHING.

Far too convenient. I am going to pursue this myself and want to start action on behalf of all shareholders.

I totally believe that if you are going to play stocks (as I was doing) you should be responsible for your losses... EXCEPT if you losses was due to what amounts to preplanned ROBBERY. I lost THOUSANDS between 3pm and the end of day on Thursday. Knowing they were going to do this and allow people to purchase shares hours before was robbery with knowledge BEFORE the fact.

This was flat out robbery. If this is going to stand I will sell everything I own and transfer the money offshore... and I will NEVER pay taxes again to this illegal police state bandits again. I was planning on retiring outside the US in a couple years anyhow. Seems like my time table might be stepped up.

I have never before in my life been as pissed off as I am right now.

Also, to address others comments... I also really believe it is about to come apart at the seams. I have never in my life before gone to a bar and listened to 10+ people in a circle slamming back beers openly discussing stopping paying taxes entirely, preparing to FIGHT the resulting action taken due to their plans and flat out rebelling against the system. This was not a bunch of drunken fools either. One of them is an attorney friend of mine. This is one of the only things I believe is going to get the attention of the crooks and bandits in Washington and NY.

It is all getting ready to come apart.... and hard.

We're being robbed by our own government and their cronies in the banks in broad daylight in front of our faces
and they don't give a damn what we think.

They're making their major play to consolidate and control everything at this very moment while screwing us in the process.

This it it, either we make a stand right now and take this country back or we're done for.

Mark
09-27-2008, 11:31 AM
Are you kidding me? Sound like you were a disgruntled shareholder. WaMu shouldn't have been seized, but they were going to go bankrupt, no matter how you slice it. $1.96 was about $1.96 too much for their shares.

KEY words == "WaMu shouldn't have been seized" == Enough said

The mofos are picking and choosing what they want to save and how they want to divvy up the rest between their chosen ones.

It's clearly a criminal action financial coup that their authoring.

rockandrollsouls
09-27-2008, 11:54 AM
KEY words == "WaMu shouldn't have been seized" == Enough said

The mofos are picking and choosing what they want to save and how they want to divvy up the rest between their chosen ones.

It's clearly a criminal action financial coup that their authoring.

It shouldn't have been seized, but it's preposterous to use it as an excuse to indicate there was some sort of shareholder value there. WaMu was worthless, should have been allowed to fail, and then institutions could have bought their assets.

WaMu shareholders were hardly robbed....if you had shares in that company you were speculating or just plain foolish.

angelatc
09-27-2008, 11:57 AM

A lot of people have money in retirement funds, meaning they have no real control over which particular stocks their fund manager selects.

WAMU had an impressive amount of assets and Goldman Sachs had only started soliciting a buyer.

If you ask me, the guys at Goldman saw how good WAMU actually looked, called Paulson and said "Dude! This is too sweet a deal to let the government get a chunk of!"

rockandrollsouls
09-27-2008, 11:59 AM
A lot of people have money in retirement funds, meaning they have no real control over which particular stocks their fund manager selects.

WAMU had an impressive amount of assets and Goldman Sachs had only started soliciting a buyer.

If you ask me, the guys at Goldman saw how good WAMU actually looked, called Paulson and said "Dude! This is too sweet a deal to let the government get a chunk of!"

You are making a claim they had an impressive amount of assets based on what? Assets like AIG had? :rolleyes:

bojo68
09-27-2008, 12:10 PM

The way I remember it when the "resolution trust corp" took over a local bank years ago, it was pretty much the same story. Only they changed the accounting rules such that the bank was sub par according to the new rule, and therefor taken over. I guess the goons now don't even bother with that pretense.

Mark
09-27-2008, 12:13 PM
It shouldn't have been seized, but it's preposterous to use it as an excuse to indicate there was some sort of shareholder value there. WaMu was worthless, should have been allowed to fail, and then institutions could have bought their assets.

WaMu shareholders were hardly robbed....if you had shares in that company you were speculating or just plain foolish.

You're missing the point regarding the blatant and calculated manipulation which occurred.

rockandrollsouls
09-27-2008, 12:20 PM
You're missing the point regarding the blatant and calculated manipulation which occurred.

No, you're not reading my posts.

"It shouldn't have been seized, but it's preposterous to use it as an excuse to indicate there was some sort of shareholder value there. WaMu was worthless, should have been allowed to fail, and then institutions could have bought their assets."

sidster
09-27-2008, 12:23 PM
it doesn't surprise me. everyone in the financial sector is saying
that "if you are friends with the fed you get ahead" regarding how
JP Morgan Chase got prime pickings on this deal.

About a week ago I heard a market analyst saying something to
the effect of WAMU having enough capital to meet its obligations
'til (i think) early 2010.

So all this is a bit suspect....

Mark
09-27-2008, 12:53 PM
No, you're not reading my posts.

"It shouldn't have been seized, but it's preposterous to use it as an excuse to indicate there was some sort of shareholder value there. WaMu was worthless, should have been allowed to fail, and then institutions could have bought their assets."

Dude, when have you EVER read a post and not just repeated the same BS MO?

I never said a word about "shareholder value", I mentioned the manipulation, which you agreed should never have happened.

You're a completely useless piece of propaganda machine. And you're not fooling anyone, so you can give it a rest.

Mark
09-27-2008, 12:55 PM
it doesn't surprise me. everyone in the financial sector is saying
that "if you are friends with the fed you get ahead" regarding how
JP Morgan Chase got prime pickings on this deal.

About a week ago I heard a market analyst saying something to
the effect of WAMU having enough capital to meet its obligations
'til (i think) early 2010.

So all this is a bit suspect....

Nothing "suspect" about it. It's plain as day.

bcreps85
09-27-2008, 01:07 PM
If Bush keeps making threats, and no banks fail, then the sheeple will not believe the danger we are in. Of course they have to make some sacrifices to convince the average American that this is real...

NewEnd
09-27-2008, 01:39 PM

I have to agree. I have never bought a bank stock in my life, and I certainly would not start today.

I love how JP Morgan needed to be back up by the government for Bear Sterns, but somehow found $1.8 B to steal WaMu (which has an excellent retail arm)

BeFranklin
09-27-2008, 01:48 PM
You are making a claim they had an impressive amount of assets based on what? Assets like AIG had? :rolleyes:

They're the assets JP Morgan bought. What some people don't get is JP Morgan *only* bought good assets for pennies on the dollar. All the toxic debt got left with the government for me and you.

Thats looting.

rockandrollsouls
09-27-2008, 01:51 PM
They're the assets JP Morgan bought. What some people don't get is JP Morgan *only* bought good assets for pennies on the dollar. All the toxic debt got left with the government for me and you.

Thats looting.

That's my point. What JP Morgan purchased was hardly an impressive amount of assets. What Angletec posted was clearly information twisted and manipulated by the mainstream media. AIG did not have an impressive amount of assets, nor did WaMu. What she and the mainstream media mistake for assets is not necessarily so.

Might want to reassess what you consider an asset and what you value it at.

angelatc
09-27-2008, 01:53 PM

Their assets weren't their immediate problem. Too many people taking their money out was their problem.

angelatc
09-27-2008, 01:54 PM
That's my point. What JP Morgan purchased was hardly an impressive amount of assets. What Angletec posted was clearly information twisted and manipulated by the mainstream media. AIG did not have an impressive amount of assets, nor did WaMu. What she and the mainstream media mistake for assets is not necessarily so.

Might want to reassess what you consider an asset and what you value it at.

Angelatc used to work for a Wall Street firm and smells a rat.

rockandrollsouls
09-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Their assets weren't their immediate problem. Too many people taking their money out was their problem.

They had a much larger problem than that....both you and I know this. Good institutions don't go under, and the myth that short sellers and panic caused a failure is absurd. Fishy lending practices and business practices, among other things, is what sent WaMu down the toilet.

And, if you do subscribe to the idea WaMu was lacking liquidity perhaps they should have paid more attention to their ratios.

Good companies don't fail. If they were truly sound they wouldn't have had a problem.

BeFranklin
09-27-2008, 02:15 PM
Good companies don't fail. If they were truly sound they wouldn't have had a problem.

This company didn't fail. It was seized with no legal authority, which is illegal. You're missing the entire point of the thread.

rockandrollsouls
09-27-2008, 02:56 PM
This company didn't fail. It was seized with no legal authority, which is illegal. You're missing the entire point of the thread.

You're not reading my posts. It was on the verge of failing and would have failed, and that's not a result of good business practice. WaMu was absolutely not financially sound. Shareholders would have been screwed either way (and, that was the point of the thread).

The OP was hiding under the veil that if it wasn't seized there would be real share holder value. False. WaMu was going to fail, and for reasons elaborated in previous posts.

RonPaulCentral
09-27-2008, 11:02 PM
You're not reading my posts. It was on the verge of failing and would have failed, and that's not a result of good business practice. WaMu was absolutely not financially sound. Shareholders would have been screwed either way (and, that was the point of the thread).

The OP was hiding under the veil that if it wasn't seized there would be real share holder value. False. WaMu was going to fail, and for reasons elaborated in previous posts.

That is not what I was saying.

I purchased stock at 3pm Thursday with the intent to turn it by mid day Friday. But then they came and ROBBED the company assets and left the bad stuff behind to go into bankruptcy. $1.9B for what they took was ROBBERY. In 3 hours I was robbed 100% of *THOUSANDS* of shares of stock. Had they closed the damn bank on Friday (like every other bank) this would not have happened. But since the govt wanted to provide additional drive to pass the HankyPanky bailout they clubbed WaMu.

My share of this company was stolen from me by JPMorgan Chase plain and simple. I will get payback against these bastards one way or another.