PDA

View Full Version : how do u

JosephTheLibertarian
09-27-2008, 08:03 AM
How do you create a new currency? How does it hold value?

I'm talking about free market mediums of exchange here ;)

UnReconstructed
09-27-2008, 08:26 AM
people don't know yet. we hope that goldsmiths will emerge but i'm not swapping an oz of gold for a loaf of bread.

don't know how we'll get the gold though. meaning i doubt that everyone has all of their money in gold and silver. i'm hoping that someone will like pit bulls.... i got a few of those.

JoshLowry
09-27-2008, 08:28 AM
Ithaca Hours makes for a good read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ithaca_Hours

The_Orlonater
09-27-2008, 08:30 PM
Design it, print it, and decide how many "dollars," if you will,will be pegged to gold?

The_Orlonater
09-27-2008, 08:30 PM
people don't know yet. we hope that goldsmiths will emerge but i'm not swapping an oz of gold for a loaf of bread.

don't know how we'll get the gold though. meaning i doubt that everyone has all of their money in gold and silver. i'm hoping that someone will like pit bulls.... i got a few of those.

We divide it up. Gold,Silver, Copper.

There's got to be more!

Kacey
09-27-2008, 08:50 PM
I brew beer for fun, I can only hope that when it hits the fan people will need that skill :P

Zippyjuan
09-27-2008, 09:00 PM
It would be hard. You would have to balance two things- make it valuable enough for people and businesses to be willing to accept it in exchange for goods and services but not too valuable so that people would not want to hord it and keep it out of circulation.

mediahasyou
09-27-2008, 09:48 PM
you give something that others want to take in exchange. Thus the voluntary exchange.

Governments ban competing currencies because it prevents their ability to inflate the currency.