PDA

View Full Version : T-shirts anyone?

LibertiORDeth
09-27-2008, 02:01 AM
I was considering having some shirts made as an alternative to arm bands if there was any interest in the idea...
I was thinking maybe a white shirt, with a picture of an armband with "Slave Uprising" on it, and on the back of the shirt the roman senator quote.

Josh_LA
09-28-2008, 04:02 PM
I think orange to mimic prison suits would be better.

black and white are so boring (and yes, I am guilty myself for what I've done)

CaseyJones
09-28-2008, 04:05 PM
I want one

NEPA_Revolution
09-28-2008, 04:16 PM
I was going to make some too. They were going to be a solid black with the white roman senator quote on the back, a white circle around the right triceps and slave uprising- pledge to resist on the front...

Conservationist
09-28-2008, 04:30 PM
How about orange with black stencil saying SLAVE on the front with the URL on the back?

Josh_LA
09-28-2008, 04:42 PM
How about orange with black stencil saying SLAVE on the front with the URL on the back?

I'm with you.

black and white just doesn't stand out unless you have a very unique design.

LibertiORDeth
09-28-2008, 05:53 PM
I was going to make some too. They were going to be a solid black with the white roman senator quote on the back, a white circle around the right triceps and slave uprising- pledge to resist on the front...

Similar to mine... I don't get the white circle but the rest sounds good.

Josh_LA
09-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Similar to mine... I don't get the white circle but the rest sounds good.

halo, or wristband

revolutionman
09-28-2008, 06:18 PM
how about a simple black and white concept.

The TShirt is black, and across the chest and/or back are the words Slave Uprising.

Instead of having the words appear in white letters, you have them appear in black, with a white outline, that is messy and fades in and out as if done with a can of white Krylon. it would resemble the glowing logo, but with a more grungey look to it.

Shit you could even make them yourself. You just need a template for the stencils, 5 for $20 teeshirts at footlocker, a garage and table, some time and a can of spray paint.

You save on labor and shipping, and maximize the cash income generated by tshirt sales.

Josh_LA
09-28-2008, 06:26 PM
so the race is on!

danberkeley
09-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Make one that says "The gov'ment stole my money to buy AIG"

LibertiORDeth
09-28-2008, 07:53 PM
how about a simple black and white concept.

The TShirt is black, and across the chest and/or back are the words Slave Uprising.

Instead of having the words appear in white letters, you have them appear in black, with a white outline, that is messy and fades in and out as if done with a can of white Krylon. it would resemble the glowing logo, but with a more grungey look to it.

Shit you could even make them yourself. You just need a template for the stencils, 5 for $20 teeshirts at footlocker, a garage and table, some time and a can of spray paint.

You save on labor and shipping, and maximize the cash income generated by tshirt sales.

I'm not artsy enough for that, it would be beyond grungy and be instead... childish.
It's not going to cost an arm and a leg to have them printed, probably 15$ shipped I am assuming. Maybe 20... I'll find out tomorrow.

NEPA_Revolution
09-28-2008, 08:07 PM
I have a tee shirt printer across the street from my school. So tomorrow I will explain the design and check the costs. The price will probably be 17.76 per shirt (Shipping included)

LibertiORDeth
09-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Ok can someone with experience in this area make an image of what I want to be on the shirts? Going along with the "grunge" idea that was put forth, I was thinking a black shirt, with a large (not too large) white band on the front tilted downward that says "Slave Uprising" on the inside back and "Stand against tyranny" on the outside front. On the back put the same thing, with the band up higher and somewhat smaller, and below it the Roman senator quote, bright enough to see yet with a sort of faded/somewhat purposely unprofessional look (faded jeans comes to mind).

Josh_LA
09-28-2008, 09:05 PM
I have a tee shirt printer across the street from my school. So tomorrow I will explain the design and check the costs. The price will probably be 17.76 per shirt (Shipping included)

wtf?! that's a lot.

no wonder this guy wants to invest in a t-shirt printer.

if somebody has a design and is order 2 dozen at a time, we do it for about $5. Shipping can't be more than an extra dollar each. Unlikely more than $7 a peice.:eek:

revolutionman
09-29-2008, 06:52 AM
if you get two tone simple design, and you order a large qty, you can get them cheap, but it will probably cost several hundred dollars to get started. You probably don't want to sit on 10 cases of tshirts though. Even though, the name slave uprising, and a cool design would sell at Hot Topic or Spencers just because it looks cool.

I have contact with some graphic artists in California that will work like a professional logo design firm for a fee. Its about $100, and he offers like three drafts and some other options, i dont really recall. I was looking to have an album cover designed about a year and a half ago.

According to my latest Disc Makers sales periodical, they are offering 24 Custom Printed Ts for $99. Thats less than $5 a shirt.

There are probably all sorts of restrictions and fine print, but you might wanna check it out for yourselves.

http://www.discmakers.com/merch/

LibertiORDeth
09-29-2008, 09:37 AM
if you get two tone simple design, and you order a large qty, you can get them cheap, but it will probably cost several hundred dollars to get started. You probably don't want to sit on 10 cases of tshirts though. Even though, the name slave uprising, and a cool design would sell at Hot Topic or Spencers just because it looks cool.

I have contact with some graphic artists in California that will work like a professional logo design firm for a fee. Its about $100, and he offers like three drafts and some other options, i dont really recall. I was looking to have an album cover designed about a year and a half ago.

According to my latest Disc Makers sales periodical, they are offering 24 Custom Printed Ts for $99. Thats less than $5 a shirt.

There are probably all sorts of restrictions and fine print, but you might wanna check it out for yourselves.

I am pretty sure a "professional" logo is unecessary, I know for a fact we have very capable individuals on here to do it out of the goodness of their heart :rolleyes:

Josh_LA
09-29-2008, 09:42 AM

Yes, the first catch is "with any CD or DVD order"/

revolutionman
09-29-2008, 10:24 AM
I am pretty sure a "professional" logo is unecessary, I know for a fact we have very capable individuals on here to do it out of the goodness of their heart

I'm sure your right, but I've always been of the mindset that depending on people to act out of the kindness of their heart is an absolute last resort. getting things done how you want, when you want, is worth the expenditure if your looking for a quality product, on a time sensitive project. When people do things out of the kindness of their heart, they tend to be less than cooperative. They operate on their schedule and often maintain a "take it or leave it" attitude toward their work.

But thats just been my personal experience. I prefer a good old fashioned capitalist transaction, so there is no confusion regarding my expectations and the value of the labor involved.

Yes, the first catch is "with any CD or DVD order"
the first of many now that i read the details. LoL

they want an extra 49.00 if you're not placing a CD order. No big though, there are plenty of custom merch resources on the web and of course out in the streets.

Wendi
09-29-2008, 10:40 AM
I would rather hope that all of these ideas will take off in various directions & the t-shirts will be readily available from multiple sources - kind of like the R3volution did :)

LibertiORDeth
09-29-2008, 04:51 PM
I would rather hope that all of these ideas will take off in various directions & the t-shirts will be readily available from multiple sources - kind of like the R3volution did :)

Right but at least to start with I doubt we will need enough for more then a monopoly, unless the monopoly over charges.
To the last post, this would take a few minutes for someone with the skills, (I in fact have another friend I am going to contact about it right now).

christagious
09-29-2008, 05:27 PM
check out universitytees.com

I guess they do screenprinting for cheap for college students. You could pose as one if you don't go to college.

Conservationist
09-29-2008, 05:38 PM

http://www.contagiousgraphics.com/

50 copies of a shirt, single color, will be $8 each including shipping.

Also, there's a dude on this forum volunteering some printing help and discounts:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=153251

LibertiORDeth
09-29-2008, 06:00 PM
I have a friend making the design, only cost is a free shirt if I like what he comes up with.

Josh_LA
09-30-2008, 12:16 AM
http://www.contagiousgraphics.com/

50 copies of a shirt, single color, will be $8 each including shipping.

Also, there's a dude on this forum volunteering some printing help and discounts:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=153251

yeah, that dude is me.

but 50 pieces for $8 each shipping included ain't too bad either.
That'll be $400 total assuming set fee doesn't cost more.
You can probably get 100 for $600 total shipping included.

LibertiORDeth
09-30-2008, 08:51 AM
yeah, that dude is me.

but 50 pieces for $8 each shipping included ain't too bad either.
That'll be $400 total assuming set fee doesn't cost more.
You can probably get 100 for $600 total shipping included.

How do you do them? Do you have a printer, or have someone who does that you have do it, or do iron ons?

Josh_LA
10-01-2008, 12:37 PM
How do you do them? Do you have a printer, or have someone who does that you have do it, or do iron ons?

I have somebody do them, silk screen printing, i hate iron ons.

Thats why I advise people that investing in a printer is not a good idea unless you know what you're doing.

I've sold over 300 t-shirts the past year, I'm glad I didn't get a printer myself. The shop I get them from has been very slow and very available these days.

constituent
10-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Right but at least to start with I doubt we will need enough for more then a monopoly, unless the monopoly over charges.
To the last post, this would take a few minutes for someone with the skills, (I in fact have another friend I am going to contact about it right now).

the one on the left (in your sig) is freakin' awesome.

LibertiORDeth
10-01-2008, 04:02 PM
the one on the left (in your sig) is freakin' awesome.

That's about the extent of my abilities.