PDA

View Full Version : How to survive...

Goldwater64
09-26-2008, 10:32 PM
For everyone posting in the “survival” threads; for everyone predicting that we will be surviving off the land, without resources, without power, without food supply, without a functioning American currency, with marshal law, with federal troops, etc:

I am going to bump this page again starting next Friday.

I will do so every Friday.

Sometime around December, or January or maybe February it should be obvious that while our financial situation basically sucks, we are not going to go into a complete meltdown.

You may not be able to buy a new car, but you won't need powdered milk and a "damned good dog" to survive.

You all will make fun of me for this or say I'm naive. But each Friday will tell a different story.

I do this as a life long libertarian who is mad as hell at nut jobs who have hijacked this wonderful political philosophy.

Micah Dardar
09-26-2008, 10:40 PM
Hey, tin foil hats could second as wilderness cooking devices! :D

Razorback Fan
09-26-2008, 10:43 PM
I do this as a life long libertarian who is mad as hell at cooks who have hijacked this wonderful political philosophy.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with a libertarian who can cook! :rolleyes:

pacelli
09-26-2008, 10:45 PM
It all depends on perspective. I have family that grew up during WWII in Europe, and I was raised to practice abundance and always prepare for hard economic times. You can post or bump whatever you wish, but I'm not going to unlearn my upbringing whether there is an economic collapse or not.

Goldwater64
09-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Fair enough...good point. I changed it to nut job. And let's not get started on spelling errors. Your/you're and then/than are apparently the same word on this board.

And I will be bumping every Friday. Next Friday as I'm sitting in my icy cold AC'ed apartment, the one after that as I go to WalMart and appreciate the bounty that capitalism has brought me, the one after that as I drive past organic food stores (because they suck!) to shop at chain stores, because the chain is cheaper and I like Pringles!...and so on.

Goldwater64
09-26-2008, 10:56 PM
It all depends on perspective. I have family that grew up during WWII in Europe, and I was raised to practice abundance and always prepare for hard economic times. You can post or bump whatever you wish, but I'm not going to unlearn my upbringing whether there is an economic collapse or not.

Cool! Good for you!

My point is anyone who is seriously spending tens of thousands on their credit cards in gold, or getting their "dental work done now why they still can," or stocking up on powdered milk, or talking about hoarding MRE's....might be a bit out of touch. And sadly...gives the libertarian movement a bad name.

phoenixrising
09-26-2008, 11:22 PM
Cool! Good for you!

My point is anyone who is seriously spending tens of thousands on their credit cards in gold, or getting their "dental work done now why they still can," or stocking up on powdered milk, or talking about hoarding MRE's....might be a bit out of touch. And sadly...gives the libertarian movement a bad name.

to each his own...so far as i remember people still have a choice in this regard ;)

yet 1 pt. u may have not taken into consideration: being prepared is a pretty darn responsible thing to do!! many people live in areas hit by tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes & floods etc.... why not allow them to do what needs to be done (that *may* have a double meaning to the prep??)

anyone NOT prepping (imho) is being competely irresponsible!

post away each friday--whatever rocks your boat--freedom of speech still reigns here last time i checked! ;)

RonPaulVolunteer
09-26-2008, 11:42 PM
If you were a true libertarian, you would not care what someone else was doing, and you would leave them the hell alone. Clearly you are not a libertarian at all.

Goldwater64
09-26-2008, 11:42 PM
to each his own...so far as i remember people still have a choice in this regard ;)

yet 1 pt. u may have not taken into consideration: being prepared is a pretty darn responsible thing to do!! many people live in areas hit by tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes & floods etc.... why not allow them to do what needs to be done (that *may* have a double meaning to the prep??)

anyone NOT prepping (imho) is being competely irresponsible!

post away each friday--whatever rocks your boat--freedom of speech still reigns here last time i checked! ;)

Cool. Fair enough. I'm not talking about keeping supplies on hand for a natural disaster, btw.

I'm talking about some of the recent talk on here about preparing for the world meltdown from the financai crisis, for a full blown end-of-the-world type scenario...looking out for black helicopters, preparing for weeks and months without power, forming a pose, etc...that sort of stuff.

JoshLowry
09-26-2008, 11:45 PM
I am going to bump this page again starting next Friday.

I will do so every Friday.

I do this as a life long libertarian who is mad as hell at nut jobs who have hijacked this wonderful political philosophy.

If you were a true libertarian, you would not care what someone else was doing, and you would leave them the hell alone. Clearly you are not a libertarian at all.

QFT.

Good luck bumping a locked thread.