PDA

View Full Version : Tax Revolt By Cindy Sheehan

speech
09-26-2008, 10:02 PM
"Desperate times call for drastic measures."

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
Declaration of Independence

There are a thousand striking at the branches of evil, to one who is striking at the root.
Henry David Thoreau

How long is the "train of abuses and usurpations" that has been coupled together by the Bush regime with the consent, or active participation of Congress? In the Declaration of Independence, our fore-parents listed the train of abuses that King "George" III (the king of Great Britain at the time) perpetrated on the American colonies. The differences between our "Mad King George," and the one that reigned over these states, 232 years ago are slim. If you "google" the Declaration, or pull one out of your pocket/purse and read it, you can see the abuses are practically identical. I am not going to list the abuses, because you can read them. The current one that is going to hit each and every American, though, whether unborn or one foot in the grave, is:
http://ronpaulforum.info/index.php?topic=502.0

Athan
09-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Hmm... this woman has balls. Huge frigging balls. I'm expecting my first child this January so I have some reservations.

bg1654
09-27-2008, 07:14 PM
The people who would benefit the most from a succesful tax revolt would probably be your child's generation.

Lovecraftian4Paul
09-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Sheehan tends to slant toward the left, but this proposal is bold and impressive.

anaconda
09-27-2008, 07:31 PM
I swear I am tempted to move to San Francisco just to vote for Cindy and to flush Pelosi down the toilet.

MRoCkEd
09-27-2008, 07:34 PM
her foreign policy and privacy issues are good
everything else sucks ass
she is still better than pelosi though

Aratus
09-28-2008, 09:17 AM
how is the house race going between sheehan and pelosi? cindy
http://www.sfbayview.com/?c=124&a=1089 sheehan is on Nov's ballot!

Cleaner44
09-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Sheehan tends to slant toward the left, but this proposal is bold and impressive.

She past parties now. She realized both are corrupt which is why she is running against Pelosi and I hope she wins. I suppose she probably does still slant towards the left but she is far from being a Democrat anymore.

MRoCkEd
09-28-2008, 09:28 AM
She's Dennis Kucinich/Ralph Nader basically.

SeanEdwards
09-28-2008, 09:40 AM
Sheehan really rubs me the wrong way, but I certainly hope she unseats Pelosi. Pelosi is all wrong. And she is scary looking.

Monolithic
09-28-2008, 09:42 AM
sheehan won't unseat pelosi, keep dreaming, not even in SF's district