PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on Deregulation?

rational thinker
09-26-2008, 08:33 PM
What does he say about the deregulation I keep hearing about?

mediahasyou
09-26-2008, 08:36 PM
Austrian economists dont like regulation.

rational thinker
09-26-2008, 08:36 PM
So he agrees with McCain in that there should be more deregulation?

AutoDas
09-26-2008, 09:02 PM
No, he (Ron Paul) thinks the Federal Reserve should be audited by the Government.

And I wish we would stop calling intervention into the free market by the Government "regulation". It makes it sound complimentary to the Government when not even libertarians are against regulating the free market for themselves.

mediahasyou
09-28-2008, 08:09 AM
I am libertarian. I do not support any "regulation". And I call evil by its name.

Pete
09-28-2008, 08:39 AM
Much regulation is about creating oligopolies. For example, my state passed a 'reform' bill for mortgage lenders a couple of years ago that had the effect of reducing the number of lenders by 60%. It was authored by an attorney for one of the major banks.

noxagol
09-28-2008, 08:47 AM
No, he (Ron Paul) thinks the Federal Reserve should be audited by the Government.

And I wish we would stop calling intervention into the free market by the Government "regulation". It makes it sound complimentary to the Government when not even libertarians are against regulating the free market for themselves.

The government shouldn't do a damned thing in the economy. Not one single thing ever, at all, in any way, shape, form, or otherwise.

Fox McCloud
09-28-2008, 05:52 PM
just keep watch him in a lot of his videos, he's definitely against regulation.

Anyone who says anti-trust is a failure and should be repealed is definitely not against any regulation.

Brassmouth
09-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Dr. Paul (and I, as do the Austrian and Chicago economists) believe that the free market is self-regulating, and any government regulation is detrimental. The word "regulation" in and of itself is not evil. Only when a politician or an idiot says "regulation" is it evil.

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
09-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Think of government regulation as stacking playing cards. The more regulation there is, the more unstable the whole thing becomes. The government is now applying tape to try and keep the house of cards from coming down.

Doing pretty much anything with this house of cards can cause the whole thing to tumble. No matter how well stacked/regulated, it will still come down.

The solution is to deal with the actual problems instead of avoiding reality using politics to cover them up and make it appear like something was solved.

Now, the reality that the government has been destroying the economy instead of saving it is becoming more apparent.