PDA

View Full Version : For how long Obama will keep trying to milk "father from Kenya" line?

Liberty Star
09-26-2008, 08:26 PM
He just repeated it in debate yet again. McCain is mediocre but next to Obama he start look almost acceptable. Obama's phony and slick rhetoric is no longer selling.

I thought McCain did better overall, which is a miracle considering last 8 years.

Bruno
09-26-2008, 08:30 PM
I thought Obama did better overall. They both milked their lines. McCain name dropped about 20 times, and said "my friends" like another couple of dozen. He also said, "I haven't won any Ms. Congeniality contests in the Senate" and other old, tired lines.
ftr, i won't be voting for either of the bastards.

tmosley
09-26-2008, 08:38 PM
All McCain did was was repeat the same things over and over, continuously insulting the intellect of his opponent, which was probably an enormous mistake, because most people recognize that Obama is VERY smart (if misguided on many issues).

I'd say that Obama crushed him. McCain came off as old and doddering where Obama was crisp, polite but firm, and showed that he can work together with other people.

I, also, probably won't be voting for either of them (there is a small chance I might go Obama, just so we have another chance in 2012). More than likely, I'll be voting Barr, as much as it pains me, but I won't be voting Constitution Party, because they don't understand the importance of the separation of church and state.

bojo68
09-26-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm missing something here. Please explain to me WHY it is the Obama's father being from Kenya is relevant?? My Grandparents are from Wales and Switzerland, and was an indentured servant(in Wisconsin, as a miner) until he could prove he could provide for his family to come here, at which point my grandmother moved here.
Is this a african special?? A democrat only dream?? WTF?? I thought this country was sposed to be equal opportunity??
Ok, I realize I'm delusional, I actually lived a large part of my life believing we had a constitution...:)

Liberty Star
09-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Obama certainly comes across as better polished speaker and even smarter - but he's lacking on trust and leadership/experience issues. Obama is just better at delivery of talking points and lacking in convictions. It's a horrible choice between McCain and Obama but overall McCain scares me less because of better character. It's a complex calculation I guess as I disagree with McCain on more issues, my view above on who did better in debate is probably bit subjective.

I should note I supported Obama for a brief while after RP dropped out.

Monolithic
09-26-2008, 09:06 PM
as long as mccain keeps milking "I WAS A POW"

this was a pretty good moment for obama i think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHW-0LDQ0IE

erika
09-27-2008, 04:04 AM
He'll keep saying it until he gets into the white house and goes after our guns.