PDA

View Full Version : We need an anti-bailout march on Capitol Hill ASAP

papajohn56
09-26-2008, 09:28 AM
What can be done, anyone? Help?

Deborah K
09-26-2008, 09:41 AM
No time! We need to organize a general strike!

CJP
09-27-2008, 03:27 PM
No time! ...

(Bump)

If we try to arrange for "permits", etc., there's no time.

But screw that fascist crap -- can we just pick a time (soon) and a place (Capitol Hill)?

A moment like this is what our movement exists for. If it is possible, we must at least try.

afmatt
09-27-2008, 03:36 PM
Was just looking at plane tickets - too much, too quick for me (and probably most of us)
I could make it happen on credit but I'm not sure if I want to go down that road right now...

CJP
09-27-2008, 04:29 PM
Was just looking at plane tickets - too much, too quick for me (and probably most of us)
I could make it happen on credit but I'm not sure if I want to go down that road right now...

Maybe there are enough folks within driving distance.
Or look into Amtrak -- they don't charge higher prices for last-minute travel.

Mark
09-28-2008, 12:59 AM
Vote Out the Bail Outs!

free.alive
09-28-2008, 02:38 AM
They don't achieve anything.

If all the energy we put into a march instead went into orchestrating an actual political action plan, we could unseat some of these fuckers.

Instead, a bunch of us want to go wave a sign at the wind and be generally disregarded by what few eyes happen to pass you.

I know a march depicts the outpouring of emotion which does represent our movement to a certain extent. But the time is nigh for the end of silly gestures.

Let's win one for a change, dammit!

olehounddog
09-28-2008, 02:44 AM
We need to pour into the streets where ever we live. Raise mortal hell. Plus the general strike.:mad:

newyearsrevolution08
09-28-2008, 02:51 AM
march through your neighborhood handing out fliers about the bailout, that will cause more good than walking in front of politicians who already voted against the way they should have.