PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen: Just 30% Think Government Should Bail Out The Markets

Bradley in DC
09-26-2008, 08:00 AM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/business/general_business/just_30_think_government_should_bail_out_the_marke ts

Just 30% Think Government Should Bail Out The Markets
Thursday, September 25, 2008

Only 30% of U.S. voters think the federal government should step in to rescue the country’s troubled financial markets, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey.

A sizable majority (63%), in fact, are worried that the federal government will do too much to respond to the current woes. The survey was taken Wednesday night, even as President Bush was making a nationally televised address urging Congress to pass the $700-billion taxpayer-backed bailout plan proposed by his administration.

A week ago, just 49% were worried the government would do too much.

Just 25% now fear the federal government will not do enough. That figure is down from 36% last week.

Half of voters (50%) say it’s better for the government to let the companies that made financial mistakes go bankrupt (see crosstabs).

The findings echo a survey earlier this week that found voter opposition to the bailout plan was growing, even though voters still expected Congress to pass it.

Investor confidence, meanwhile, fell this morning to the lowest level ever recorded by the Rasmussen Investor Index. But even though the meltdown in the housing market is largely to blame for the present economic situation, 66% of voters still believe buying a home is the best investment most families can make.

Fifty-one percent (51%) of investors also think the government should let troubled companies go bankrupt versus 29% who support government intervention in the financial markets. Two-thirds of investors (66%) worry the government will do too much. . .

JosephTheLibertarian
09-26-2008, 08:03 AM
Someone needs to bailout their feeble brains.

cheapseats
09-26-2008, 08:06 AM
The question is, how much of the 30% is comprised of the Shoddy Management and Welfare Recipients who will directly benefit from the Emergency Extravaganza?

Andrew-Austin
09-26-2008, 09:13 AM
Thats about what Bush's approval rating was last I heard.

Edit: lol, nice how the first three people to comment jab at the thirty percent.

cheapseats
09-26-2008, 09:29 AM
Thats about what Bush's approval rating was last I heard.

Edit: lol, nice how the first three people to comment jab at the thirty percent.

It would be a great service to the other 70% of America if the 30% would get it through their noggins that only the infamous One Percent will ever ultimately benefit from anything that George Bush does.

George Bush is a man of highly specialized interests, and he plays to them. George Bush has always and unambiguously played to the Have Mores. The One Percenters are George Bush's homies.

cheapseats
09-26-2008, 10:35 AM
There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.
-- PETER F. DRUCKER

Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is the noble art of leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials.
--LIN YUTANG

There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.
--HENRY DAVID THOREAU

Beyond the mountains there are mountains again.
--HAITIAN PROVERB

Fanaticism consists of redoubling your effort when you have forgotten your aim.
--GEORGE SANTAYANA

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker.
--HELEN KELLER

Whoever said anybody has a right to give up?
--MARIAN WRIGHT EDELMAN

The mode by which the inevitable comes to pass is effort.
--OLIVER WENDELL HOLMES

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
--THEODORE ROOSEVELT

Leaders aren't born they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that's the price we'll have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal.
--VINCE LOMBARDI

Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price.
--VINCE LOMBARDI

When Vince Lombardi spoke of paying the price, I guaran-fucking-tee you he was not talking about coughing up A TRILLION DOLLAR RANSOM to pay a Piper who threatens otherwise to lead us into the river and drown us.

Paulitician
09-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Anyone else think that is still too much? I remember seeing a 7% figure this week... it should be around there...