PDA

View Full Version : If the bail-out gets passed...

DFF
09-26-2008, 06:14 AM
What are YOU going to do, considering almost ALL of us; Republicans, Democrats, Indpendents, etc. are united AGAINST this bill, and the politicians are SUBSERVIENT to us, the people.

Sorry for all the angry CAPS, but, in the words of "Networks" Peter Finch "I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!" :mad:

Mortikhi
09-26-2008, 06:16 AM
The least that I'll do is stop paying on my student loan and each time I get a bill, I will sign it Paid in Full - See $700B Bailout

Mister Grieves
09-26-2008, 06:20 AM
I'm sure if we all put our heads together, we could come up with something effective.

Mortikhi
09-26-2008, 06:23 AM
I'm game for going to Washington bearing arms (so we don't get pushed around and forced to leave because we have no permit to march, not for some sort of actual revolution) and force the government to listen to us, but the People aren't hungry yet.

Maybe when the food supply dwindles they will be.

slacker921
09-26-2008, 06:42 AM
I'll be voting against anyone who votes for it... in any way, shape, or form. I've told my senator and congressman that too.

DFF
09-26-2008, 07:05 AM
Just off the phone with my reps. answering service, and told them the same thing.

Pete
09-26-2008, 07:06 AM
C4L, baby. This bailout is going to make recruiting easy. :)

enjerth
09-26-2008, 07:09 AM
I'm sure if we all put our heads together, we could come up with something effective.

It needs to be stopped. A general strike was proposed, and maybe Congress would listen if the people of this nation went on strike because of their failure to represent us, but it won't do much if it's just Ron Paul supporters. I'd be for the strike if it could find wider appeal.

Dorfsmith
09-26-2008, 07:52 AM
I will actively campaign against anybody who votes for the bailout. As it is, I get the feeling that a lot of people will be losing their jobs in November.

ShowMeLiberty
09-26-2008, 08:05 AM
It needs to be stopped. A general strike was proposed, and maybe Congress would listen if the people of this nation went on strike because of their failure to represent us, but it won't do much if it's just Ron Paul supporters. I'd be for the strike if it could find wider appeal.

I can see this happening. Even my liberal co-workers agree that passing this bailout will amount to taxation without representation since the people are so overwhelmingly against it.

bew2005
09-26-2008, 08:10 AM
I want the bailout to be rejected in all forms. Having said that, I have this lingering thought that concerns me. If we succeed and the bailout is not passed, who will be blamed when the s**t hits the fan? I have a feeling, it will be those who did not support the bailout and that all would have been fine had we gone along with it. Who knows what kind of crap they will be wanting passed at that time? We know that things are going down the tube either way, but I could see free market advocates being easily blamed next time around.