PDA

View Full Version : Man are we gonna get the echo chamber tomorrow

Oyate
09-25-2008, 11:44 PM
So the White House geniuses will be up all night, calling all the representatives and lobbyists, working every deal they can think of.

Meanwhile the White House press office will be up all night giving the MSM their talking points. And we'll see the whole line of lying suits coming out to support the bailout. I imagine Schumer and Leiberman will be out there. They might run Georgie out there.

They want to do this deal almost down to a soul. They want this deal. If they think they can find any possible way to pass it and keep their jobs, that's exactly what they'll do.

Lovecraftian4Paul
09-25-2008, 11:59 PM
So the White House geniuses will be up all night, calling all the representatives and lobbyists, working every deal they can think of.

Meanwhile the White House press office will be up all night giving the MSM their talking points. And we'll see the whole line of lying suits coming out to support the bailout. I imagine Schumer and Leiberman will be out there. They might run Georgie out there.

They want to do this deal almost down to a soul. They want this deal. If they think they can find any possible way to pass it and keep their jobs, that's exactly what they'll do.

I agree that they're desperate to get it passed by any means possible. Not sure what you mean by echo chamber though?

The Good Doctor
09-26-2008, 12:06 AM
I am guessing a 500 point drop in the Dow tomorrow. Just to scare the shit out of everyone.

Ex Post Facto
09-26-2008, 12:07 AM
Oh noes...oil up $50!! Here in North Carolina we have no gas anyway for the past 2 weeks, stations run out as soon as the get a shippment in.

Oyate
09-26-2008, 12:29 AM
By echo-chamber, I refer to the administration's perfected practice of havign every MSM channel, every pundit, every reporter and government official saying the exact same thing all day and all night long.

I'm not sure how the DOW is going to respond. Most of Wall Street knows if the deal goes though they get another 6 months to a year to make easy money that will contribute absolutely nothing to help solve our problems.

Some of Wall Street understands the inflationary pressures this will continue. The recent rumblings of Europe and China markets should be more telling than any of this---because this has happened. What's going to happen will be worse and BTW, the Paulson Plan will do NOTHING to stop it long-term. It will make things worse.

The most humorous think I've seen is here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/26/business/26bailout.html?pagewanted=1

a quote:

"The House Republicans’ revolt shocked Democrats; the Senate majority leader, Harry Reid of Nevada, said later that he was under the impression that Mr. Boehner had been a strong advocate for moving forward with the Paulson plan."

"Representative Barney Frank, the Massachusetts Democrat, who attended the White House meeting, was shocked as well. “We were ready to make a deal,” Mr. Frank said later."

Oh boy you bet they were ready to make a deal. Until we jammed every phone, fax and email box in DC for 2 days that is.

Lovecraftian4Paul
09-26-2008, 12:35 AM
Right, Oyate, now I've got you. The media will continue to bring in all sorts of talking heads alleged to be experts to back up the horrid bailout. They will put on a sad face and agree that no one wants the bailout, but it's a "lesser evil" than the apocalypse that will surely befall us if they don't do us. Basically, an expansion of what they've already been up to the last day or two.