PDA

View Full Version : NEWS: Paulson goes down on one knee, begging Pelosi to pass the bill

TER
09-25-2008, 11:26 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13918.html

there are some really nervous millionaires trying to get some sleep tonight...:D

Bruno
09-25-2008, 11:30 PM
The former Goldman Sachs CEO even went down on one knee as if genuflecting, to which Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Cal.) is said to have joked, “I didn’t know you were Catholic.”

rflmao!

thomaspaine23
09-26-2008, 12:59 AM
The former Goldman Sachs CEO even went down on one knee as if genuflecting, to which Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Cal.) is said to have joked, “I didn’t know you were Catholic.”

rflmao!

The only thing that could make a guy who has made 700 million as a ceo go down on one knee is the prospect he might lose it all....

steph3n
09-26-2008, 01:09 AM
he was just proposing to the devilette

devil21
09-26-2008, 02:35 AM
I am convinced that McCain went back to Washington not to help pass this bill, but to scuttle it to save his presidential campaign. After Palin's horrid interview with Couric they KNOW she will be a total embarrassment against Biden next week. And McCain's pledge to ditch Friday's debate will postpone Palin's debate indefinitely.

Im torn because I don't want the bill passed. Im trying to be convinced the Republican congresspeople are actually opposing it because of the voters but I think McCain, and Palin especially. will get a "pass" when suddenly the bill passes early next week and McCain tries to take the credit.... and ooops! no room for the VP debate before Nov 4. The fact that McCain did the interview with Couric right after Palin's horrid interview (while lying to Letterman and getting caught) shows his hand. They are terrified of Palin debating Biden.

At the White House, in fact, House Minority Leader John Boehner had bluntly warned about the lack of Republican support for the massive government intervention: “I can’t invent votes,” Boehner said. But House Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank (D-Mass.) angrily accused the minority of trying to undercut Paulson by crafting a late-breaking alternative proposal—with the tacit support, Frank said, of Republican presidential candidate John McCain.

Drknows
09-26-2008, 03:11 AM
i cant believe that guy is acting like a fool in the middle of a "crisis"

LibertyEagle
09-26-2008, 03:15 AM
i cant believe that guy is acting like a fool in the middle of a "crisis"

Which one? Paulson or McCain?

erika
09-26-2008, 03:17 AM
Is Ron Paul going to interrogate those crooks on Cspan or what?!?

Anyone know or is it just the chosen this time around?

erika
09-26-2008, 03:18 AM
And which youtube videos regarding this bailout have the most hits right now? I wasn't sure what key phrases were best to search for.

free.alive
09-26-2008, 03:19 AM
bump

blocks
09-26-2008, 03:22 AM
Let them have nightmares, and let us make it a reality.

Drknows
09-26-2008, 03:48 AM
Which one? Paulson or McCain?

we already know Mccain is off his meds.

Seriously though i had no idea Paulson was such an idiot. I thought former chairman of Goldman Sachs hmmm he has to have some brains or insight on whats happening NOPE i was wrong again .

Hank, you're doing a heck of a job

Oyate
09-26-2008, 03:48 AM
You know, I bet these people get down on their knees for each other all the time behind closed doors.

angelatc
09-26-2008, 05:14 AM
The only thing that could make a guy who has made 700 million as a ceo go down on one knee is the prospect he might lose it all....

I'll bet the promise of a favorable federal banking bill could make him get down on both knees.