PDA

View Full Version : I felt sorry for palin after seeing this CBS clip

max
09-25-2008, 10:04 PM
stuttering...stammering jibberish.......so sad...funny...but sad

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/2008/09/25/palin_russia/index.html

jcarcinogen
09-25-2008, 10:11 PM
She needs more programming sessions from the Ministry of Truth.

Bman
This ladies in way over her head. Too bad she wasn't asked what it felt like to sell her soul.

Dorfsmith
She needs more programming sessions from the Ministry of Truth.

I know. When are they going to put that chip in her brain?

Ex Post Facto
09-25-2008, 10:12 PM
lol...

max
09-25-2008, 10:13 PM
This ladies in way over her head. Too bad she wasn't asked what it felt like to sell her soul.

imagine if couric asked:

"Governor, what do you feel are the pros and cons of a fiat based monetary system vs hard currency"

dirknb@hotmail.com
09-25-2008, 10:14 PM
What a bimbo.

slacker921
09-25-2008, 10:16 PM
oh wow... that's just tragic.. and that's after what? Three weeks of her being coached?

It's sad that the GOP allowed/pushed her and her family to get run through the media grinder knowing that she wasn't prepared.

Bman
09-25-2008, 10:18 PM
imagine if couric asked:

"Governor, what do you feel are the pros and cons of a fiat based monetary system vs hard currency"

LOL. She probably would have said something like. Well I haven't been to Fiat yet. I think I'm scheduled to visit their next week.

EndTheFed
09-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Have we forgotten the way the media edited and posed questions and made Ron Paul look "like a kook... a nut"

Be consistant people...

the questions whe was asked were real crappie.. unanswerable..

HOLLYWOOD
09-25-2008, 10:20 PM
She's a fool... now you see what long duration petroleum exposure does to your braincells?

She'd make a good TOLL COLLECTOR, Just don't ask for Change!

libertarian4321
09-25-2008, 10:22 PM
Simply amazing.

After weeks of coaching, she can't even answer simple questions from Katie Couric (not exactly the toughest interviewer in the world) without drooling on herself?

Its not like these were tough questions- I'd expect any reasonably intelligent person to be able to answer them.

I thought she was just an unqualified right wing extremist, but its now obvious that she's a stupid unqualified right wing extremist...

EndTheFed
09-25-2008, 10:23 PM
Simply amazing.

After weeks of coaching, she can't even answer simple questions from Katie Couric (not exactly the toughest interviewer in the world) without drooling on herself?

Its not like these were tough questions- I'd expect any reasonably intelligent person to be able to answer them.

I thought she was just an unqualified right wing extremist, but its now obvious that she's a stupid unqualified right wing extremist...

What was the simple question she could not answer?...

libertarian4321
09-25-2008, 10:23 PM
Have we forgotten the way the media edited and posed questions and made Ron Paul look "like a kook... a nut"

Be consistant people...

Okay, I'll bite, which of those questions was "unanswerable" and why?

I guarantee you I can answer any of them, and I'm not running for Vice President!

Bman
09-25-2008, 10:27 PM

I guarantee you I can answer any of them, and I'm not running for Vice President!

What is 2+2.

EndTheFed
09-25-2008, 10:27 PM

well the question that "stumpped" her so bad was a question that would require her to "know/defend" John McCains positions over the last 26 years.. Not something along the lines of "How would you... or how would john mccain..."

I know issues but if you asked me how John McCain voted on a particular issue, I probably could not answer all of them...

HOLLYWOOD
09-25-2008, 10:28 PM
imagine if couric asked:

LOL...

Didn't John McCain already answer that question?

AND HERE's that EPIC Moment... ONE MORE TIME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcdLO3jKkPo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcdLO3jKkPo)

McTeenSouthCarolina!

libertarian4321
09-25-2008, 10:28 PM
What was the simple question she could not answer?...

Most of them.

She flamed out on the question about how Alaska's proximity to Russia made her a foreign policy expert (thank God Katie bailed her out by feeding her an answer).

She couldn't even come close to answering the question, then she started babbling about Putin (news flash to Sarah, Putin is out of office).

When she did answer a question, it sounded like the answer was one you'd expect from a kid who'd just taken an eighth grade social studies class. The "America is always right, wave the flag and the world will be a better place" kind of crap you'd expect from Bush.

Embarassing stuff!

NewEnd
09-25-2008, 10:29 PM

Be consistant people...

Uh, no.

When asked, How does being close to russia give you foreign policy credentials?

You answer

It doesn't. Period.

Not a tough question to answer.
To even try and sell that it does
proves how stupid she really is on this matter.

EndTheFed
09-25-2008, 10:30 PM
What is 2+2.

Hmm thought your were going to be nice... or was that just for one day?
:)

libertarian4321
09-25-2008, 10:31 PM
well the question that "stumpped" her so bad was a question that would require her to "know/defend" John McCains positions over the last 26 years.. Not something along the lines of "How would you... or how would john mccain..."

I know issues but if you asked me how John McCain voted on a particular issue, I probably could not answer all of them...

Well, that was a tough one, because its unlikely that John McCain has ever pushed for more regulation, other than the one example Katie fed her.

She was caught between contradicting herself and having no answer, so she bailed with the "I'll get back to 'ya"- again, not one of the finer moments in American political history.

Bman
09-25-2008, 10:31 PM
Hmm thought your were going to be nice... or was that just for one day?

Nice to you. Not Sarah Palin.

RonPaulFanInGA
09-25-2008, 10:32 PM

Reminds me of Obama at Saddleback.

libertarian4321
Uh, no.

When asked, How does being close to russia give you foreign policy credentials?

You answer

It doesn't. Period.

Not a tough question to answer.
To even try and sell that it does
proves how stupid she really is on this matter.

Yup. Palin's problem is that she gave a total bull shit answer the first time she was asked, and now she can't defend her total bull shit answer because, well, its bull shit...

EndTheFed
LOL...

Didn't John McCain already answer that question?

AND HERE's that EPIC Moment... ONE MORE TIME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcdLO3jKkPo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcdLO3jKkPo)

McTeenSouthCarolina!

Well you probably need to understand the the stall in a large part is because of mccain and shelby...

isnt that a good thing...

EndTheFed
09-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Most of them.

She flamed out on the question about how Alaska's proximity to Russia made her a foreign policy expert (thank God Katie bailed her out by feeding her an answer).

She couldn't even come close to answering the question, then she started babbling about Putin (news flash to Sarah, Putin is out of office).

When she did answer a question, it sounded like the answer was one you'd expect from a kid who'd just taken an eighth grade social studies class. The "America is always right, wave the flag and the world will be a better place" kind of crap you'd expect from Bush.

Embarassing stuff!

Well I like her and I think she will do well... People treated RP like shit and you are doing the same thing.. picking apart everything you can...

BTW news flash Putin has not gone away.. he became Russia's prime minister on may 8th... he was appointed by the new president...

EndTheFed
09-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Well, that was a tough one, because its unlikely that John McCain has ever pushed for more regulation, other than the one example Katie fed her.

She was caught between contradicting herself and having no answer, so she bailed with the "I'll get back to 'ya"- again, not one of the finer moments in American political history.

So what do you do when you give an answer and someone keeps asking the same question?

nodope0695
I don't feel sorry for her at all...she agreed to be McShame's running mate, but was perhaps naive about what it would be like....She's in the shit now, and no amount of programmig is going to help her....look how long its taken Bush, oh wait, he's still a stammering idiot.

Bman
Well I like her and I think she will do well... People treated RP like shit and you are doing the same thing.. picking apart everything you can...

BTW news flash Putin has not gone away.. he became Russia's prime minister on may 8th... he was appointed by the new president...

Personally, I'd elect Putin well before McCain.

Trigonx
09-25-2008, 10:45 PM

Be consistant people...

Its clear her proximity does not give her "extra" credentials on being a foreign policy expert. Its painful to watch her defend this position of hers instead of just giving it up.

nodope0695
09-25-2008, 10:45 PM

Uhhh....ask yourself why you like her. Is it because she's "attractive"? Or is it because of her beliefs (whatever they are). Surely its not because of her vast experience...

Sorry, but she's a hick way in over her head, and would be absolutely the worst thing that could happen to our nation should McShame be elected. He'll be dead within a year, two on the outside, and then we'll have Palin...ugh. The woman just got her passport LAST YEAR!!!!!!

Like her all you want, hell, I'd tap that shit. I just wouldn't vote for her (or McShame).

devil21
09-25-2008, 10:48 PM
I don't feel sorry for her at all...she agreed to be McShame's running mate, but was perhaps naive about what it would be like....She's in the shit now, and no amount of programmig is going to help her....look how long its taken Bush, oh wait, he's still a stammering idiot.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/29/sarah-palin-what-exactly_n_122514.html

"As for that VP talk all the time, I'll tell you, I still can't answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the VP does every day?"

Less than two months ago. You can't replace ignorance with enlightenment that quickly.

Lovecraftian4Paul
09-25-2008, 10:51 PM
Palin: dumber than Bush or just inexperienced? I can't believe there are RP supporters here trying to defend this blithering dummy.

nodope0695
09-25-2008, 10:59 PM
Palin: dumber than Bush or just inexperienced? I can't believe there are RP supporters here trying to defend this blithering dummy.

LOL. Perhaps not nessessarily dumb, but definately way in over her head. She's a hick.

I don't know about anybody else, but this RP supporter is completely baffled at how anybody could support a ticket with this untraveled, naive, beauty queen, soccer mom on it. Is it not bad enough about that McShame is complete asshole, now he's got a complete window licker for a VP?

EndTheFed
09-25-2008, 11:00 PM
Uhhh....ask yourself why you like her. Is it because she's "attractive"? Or is it because of her beliefs (whatever they are). Surely its not because of her vast experience...

Sorry, but she's a hick way in over her head, and would be absolutely the worst thing that could happen to our nation should McShame be elected. He'll be dead within a year, two on the outside, and then we'll have Palin...ugh. The woman just got her passport LAST YEAR!!!!!!

Like her all you want, hell, I'd tap that shit. I just wouldn't vote for her (or McShame).

Has NOTHING to do with looks if you are interested see thread for my reasoning

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=156027&highlight=Tolerant

libertarian4321
09-25-2008, 11:00 PM
So what do you do when you give an answer and someone keeps asking the same question?

Well, first off, its best not to give a stupid bull shit answer to begin with. Palin's original "I have foreign policy experience because you can see Russia from Alaska" was right up there with dumbest answers ever given. How she thought she could give that answer and not be ridiculed is beyond me.

Once you've given a bull shit answer, you'd better be prepared to be asked about it again and again and again until you do something to fix it.

The only fix for Palin's stupid original answer would have been to 1) admit it was a stupid answer (not likely to happen, but a better option than leaving this thing to hang out there and be mocked forever) or 2) ACTUALLY ANSWER THE QUESTION- in Palin's case, the best answer would be "I don't have any foreign policy experience"- an honest answer that would have caused far less problems than the BS "I can see Russia" thing.

EndTheFed
09-25-2008, 11:01 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/29/sarah-palin-what-exactly_n_122514.html

Less than two months ago. You can't replace ignorance with enlightenment that quickly.

Quoting the huffington post.... can you get any further in the bottom of the barrel?

EndTheFed
09-25-2008, 11:01 PM

See

EndTheFed
09-25-2008, 11:02 PM
LOL. Perhaps not nessessarily dumb, but definately way in over her head. She's a hick.

I don't know about anybody else, but this RP supporter is completely baffled at how anybody could support a ticket with this untraveled, naive, beauty queen, soccer mom on it. Is it not bad enough about that McShame is complete asshole, now he's got a complete window licker for a VP?

nodope0695
09-25-2008, 11:03 PM
Has NOTHING to do with looks if you are interested see thread for my reasoning

Uhhh....I think you missed the point of my reply. I asked you to ask yourself why you like her....liking somebody doesn't make them qualified for a job. The looks comment was a quip, a joke, sarcasm....y'know, HUMOR. I like Ms. Palin too, but definately don't believe her to be qualified for the VP slot...

EndTheFed
09-25-2008, 11:04 PM
Well, first off, its best not to give a stupid bull shit answer to begin with. Palin's original "I have foreign policy experience because you can see Russia from Alaska" was right up there with dumbest answers ever given. How she thought she could give that answer and not be ridiculed is beyond me.

Once you've given a bull shit answer, you'd better be prepared to be asked about it again and again and again until you do something to fix it.

The only fix for Palin's stupid original answer would have been to 1) admit it was a stupid answer (not likely to happen, but a better option than leaving this thing to hang out there and be mocked forever) or 2) ACTUALLY ANSWER THE QUESTION- in Palin's case, the best answer would be "I don't have any foreign policy experience"- an honest answer that would have caused far less problems than the BS "I can see Russia" thing.

That is not the question I was talking about... read the post... I was talking about where katie pressed her to tell her one place where mccain had acted in 26 years..

EndTheFed
09-25-2008, 11:06 PM
Uhhh....I think you missed the point of my reply. I asked you to ask yourself why you like her....liking somebody doesn't make them qualified for a job. The looks comment was a quip, a joke, sarcasm....y'know, HUMOR. I like Ms. Palin too, but definately don't believe her to be qualified for the VP slot...

Sorry i did miss the joke... but my reasoning for defending her is still in the thread listed...

libertarian4321
09-25-2008, 11:07 PM

I don't like her. Aside from not being qualified and not very bright, I think she's pretty creepy- maybe its her extremist beliefs, maybe its her nutty religious ideas (we're on a mission from God in Iraq), maybe its that accent, I don't know, but she gives me the willies.

The "Ron Paul" comparison's don't hold water. Ron Paul never looked like a deer in the headlights when being interviewed- sometimes Ron isn't the smoothest talking politician in the world, but he never looked stumped or confused like Palin so frequently does (which is amazing, given how little she's actually talked to anyone). Ron Paul may have given unpopular answers- answers that most Americans didn't want to hear, but he never gave STUPID answers. There is a huge difference between the two.

EndTheFed
09-25-2008, 11:12 PM
I don't like her. Aside from not being qualified and not very bright, I think she's pretty creepy- maybe its her extremist beliefs, maybe its her nutty religious ideas (we're on a mission from God in Iraq), maybe its that accent, I don't know, but she gives me the willies.

The "Ron Paul" comparison's don't hold water. Ron Paul never looked like a deer in the headlights when being interviewed- sometimes Ron isn't the smoothest talking politician in the world, but he never looked stumped or confused like Palin so frequently does (which is amazing, given how little she's actually talked to anyone). Ron Paul may have given unpopular answers- answers that most Americans didn't want to hear, but he never gave STUPID answers. There is a huge difference between the two.

Puleeease!

Do NOT mis quote people... She was praying for direction and that our leaders to be in God's will, not We're on a mission from God.

What extreme beliefs...

See http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=156027&highlight=Tolerant

BTW RP Believes in God too...

RP never looked stumped? Hmm that would be in the eye of the beholder.

In my opinion RP did a really poor job of communicating to an unfamiliar public... there needed to be better explanations..

libertarian4321
09-25-2008, 11:16 PM

I forgot to address this in my last post.

Yes, he is the "Prime minister" (actually, the real title is Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation).

He is appointed by, and serves at the will of, the President.

He is NOT the lead dog. Essentially, the Chairman is roughly equivalent to a "Chief of Staff" for the President.

So Putin won't be doing anything in the air over Alaska, lol.

libertarian4321
09-25-2008, 11:19 PM
In my opinion RP did a really poor job of communicating to an unfamiliar public... there needed to be better explanations..

There is a huge difference between being an overeducated wonk who gives answers that are way too complex (Ron Paul) and being a deer in the headlights (Sarah Palin).

Ron Paul is an ineffective communicator. Sarah Palin is clueless.

Not the same thing...

EndTheFed
I forgot to address this in my last post.

Yes, he is the "Prime minister" (actually, the real title is Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation).

He is appointed by, and serves at the will of, the President.

He is NOT the lead dog. Essentially, the Chairman is roughly equivalent to a "Chief of Staff" for the President.

So Putin won't be doing anything in the air over Alaska, lol.

So you are psychic and can say this for sure... mmmm ic...

nodope0695
Puleeease!

Do NOT mis quote people... She was praying for direction and that our leaders to be in God's will, not We're on a mission from God.

What extreme beliefs...

See http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=156027&highlight=Tolerant

BTW RP Believes in God too...

RP never looked stumped? Hmm that would be in the eye of the beholder.

She said that her son was going to Iraq, ON A MISSION FROM GOD. That is what she said.

The Blues Brothers were on a mission from God too...and they ended up in prison in the end.

EndTheFed
09-25-2008, 11:20 PM
There is a huge difference between being an overeducated wonk who gives answers that are way too complex (Ron Paul) and being a deer in the headlights (Sarah Palin).

Not the same thing...

Well this is your opinion.. one person's... not mine...

EndTheFed
09-25-2008, 11:21 PM
She said that her son was going to Iraq, ON A MISSION FROM GOD. That is what she said.

The Blues Brothers were on a mission from God too...and they ended up in prison in the end.

Glad you caught the Blues Brother reference...

Now what EXTREME beliefs..

nodope0695
09-25-2008, 11:22 PM

Not the same thing...

RP is very smart, and tends to speak over the head of most sheeple. Palin IS a sheeple, and sadly reflects a great portion of the public....uninformed, untraveled, and ignorant.

EndTheFed
09-25-2008, 11:25 PM
RP is very smart, and tends to speak over the head of most sheeple. Palin IS a sheeple, and sadly reflects a great portion of the public....uninformed, untraveled, and ignorant.

Well your not going to win to many people over having an attitude of they are sheeple... I bet you were too at one time..

see http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=156027&highlight=Tolerant

DO you really think RP would be condesending to people he was trying to win over to his positions?

I think he hast too much character for that...

libertarian4321
09-25-2008, 11:28 PM
Well this is your opinion.. one person's... not mine...

Well, its obvious you are smitten with Palin- God only knows what you find attractive about her.

I don't know if you like her warmongering, her love of pork barrel spending, her extreme right wing beliefs, or her hooters (I hope its this last one- at least that kinda makes sense).

Frankly, I can't imagine why any Ron Paul supporter would be impressed by a slow-witted, unqualified, warmongering neocon hack like Sarah Palin.

To each his own, I guess- but wouldn't you feel more comfortable on the John McWar forums?

There isn't a chance I would have voted for John McCain to begin with, but every time Palin opens her mouth, it just confirms my belief that a McCain-Palin administration would be a bloody disaster for America...

EndTheFed
09-25-2008, 11:31 PM
Well, its obvious you are smitten with Palin- God only knows what you find attractive about her.

I don't know if you like her warmongering, her love of pork barrel spending, her extreme right wing beliefs, or her hooters (I hope its this last one- at least that kinda makes sense).

Frankly, I can't imagine why any Ron Paul supporter would be impressed by a slow-witted, unqualified, warmongering neocon hack like Sarah Palin.

To each his own, I guess- but wouldn't you feel more comfortable on the John McWar forums?

There isn't a chance I would have voted for John McCain to begin with, but every time Palin opens her mouth, it just confirms my belief that a McCain-Palin administration would be a bloody disaster for America...

Well I have reffered you to this thread several time... I will not go through this again but it comes down to "lesser of two evils".

Don't start with the "evil is evil doesnt matter if it is lesser" ...

Been there done that... it still holds water for me...

libertarian4321
09-25-2008, 11:34 PM

Yup, I agree. Ron Paul is probably too smart to be elected- he doesn't know how to "dumb down" his message for the average American. Far too many times during interviews and debates, he'd start going off detailed answers about the gold standard or interventionist foreign policy that I was sure just made the eyes of the average voter glaze over. Its not that he was wrong, just that he wasn't hitting issues that the average American could understand.

I'll admit, thats one thing Palin will never have a problem with. She'll never have to dumb down her message- honestly, she makes McCain and Bush look bright by comparison, and that takes some doing...

nodope0695
09-25-2008, 11:35 PM
Well your not going to win to many people over having an attitude of they are sheeple... I bet you were too at one time..

see http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=156027&highlight=Tolerant

DO you really think RP would be condesending to people he was trying to win over to his positions?

I think he hast too much character for that...

Uhhh....I'm on a RP forum right now, so I am not addressing the people whom I refer to as sheeple. I'm speaking, hopefully, to fellow thinkers. Therefore, any offense you took to my comment is perhaps a response to your shame for having been a sheeple too....God knows I'm not proud of having voted for GWB twice....in fact, I'm ashamed of it even as I write it.

The fact that we all come from sheeple roots is beside the point. The fact is, pussy-footing around worrying about offending or hurting people's feeling is politically correct bullshit. The truth is the truth, and if it hurts, so be it.

libertarian4321
09-25-2008, 11:38 PM
Well I have reffered you to this thread several time... I will not go through this again but it comes down to "lesser of two evils".

I have no idea how "the lesser of 2 evils" comes into this.

I said Palin is an unqualified fool, because she is.

What has that got to do with "lesser evils"?

EndTheFed
09-25-2008, 11:40 PM
Uhhh....I'm on a RP forum right now, so I am not addressing the people whom I refer to as sheeple. I'm speaking, hopefully, to fellow thinkers. Therefore, any offense you took to my comment is perhaps a response to your shame for having been a sheeple too....God knows I'm not proud of having voted for GWB twice....in fact, I'm ashamed of it even as I write it.

The fact that we all come from sheeple roots is beside the point. The fact is, pussy-footing around worrying about offending or hurting people's feeling is politically correct bullshit. The truth is the truth, and if it hurts, so be it.

Well WWRPD :)

Think RP would treat people bad and with no respect so he was not "pussy footing around" ?

I don't think so he has too much class

libertarian4321
09-25-2008, 11:42 PM
God knows I'm not proud of having voted for GWB twice....in fact, I'm ashamed of it even as I write it.

Geez, voted for Bush twice? That must weigh heavily on your soul :)

I've had FOUR chances to vote for Bush, and never did! I will admit, however, that I didn't think he was horrible as governor- a bit of a light weight, not very bright, and a big spender, but no worse than Anne Richards (his Dem predecessor).

As President, however, he's been a freaking disaster.

EndTheFed
09-25-2008, 11:45 PM
I have no idea how "the lesser of 2 evils" comes into this.

I said Palin is an unqualified fool, because she is.

What has that got to do with "lesser evils"?

If you will look at what I was responding to... you asked what "attracted" me to her... Im not attracted to her... I think mccain palin is the lesser of two evils and I do think the msm is out to malign her much like RP was.

libertarian4321
09-25-2008, 11:52 PM
If you will look at what I was responding to... you asked what "attracted" me to her... Im not attracted to her... I think mccain palin is the lesser of two evils and I do think the msm is out to malign her much like RP was.

Well, if McCain and Palin were running against Hitler and Mussolini, I might agree with you.

I'm not supporting Obama, but I have no idea how you think McCain and Palin would be less dangerous.

Aside from policy, where I find little difference between the Dems and Reps, I'll admit, I've never been a fan of "stupid"- and the Republicans have been offering us a lot of "stupid" in recent years- and it keeps getting worse- from Bush to McCain to Palin.

The last thing we need in a crisis is a leader who can't think...

nodope0695
09-25-2008, 11:53 PM
Well WWRPD :)

Think RP would treat people bad and with no respect so he was not "pussy footing around" ?

I don't think so he has too much class

Ron Paul tells the truth regardless of its popularity...and sometime people don't want to hear it.

I wasn't implying that RP would openly disrespect somebody....and I don't make a habit of it either....again, I AM ON A RON PAUL FORUM SPEAKING TO LIKEMINDED PEOPLE ABOUT ISSUES MANY AMERICANS EITHER DON'T UNDERSTAND OR ARE UNWILLING TO LEARN ABOUT. Therefore, I'm not concerned with the sheeple's "feelings" while speaking to fellow freedom lovers.

EndTheFed
09-25-2008, 11:56 PM
Well, if McCain and Palin were running against Hitler and Mussolini, I might agree with you.

I'm not supporting Obama, but I have no idea how you think McCain and Palin would be less dangerous.

Aside from policy, where I find little difference between the Dems and Reps, I'll admit, I've never been a fan of "stupid"- and the Republicans have been offering us a lot of "stupid" in recent years- and it keeps getting worse- from Bush to McCain to Palin.

The last thing we need in a crisis is a leader who can't think...

If you read the thread

you will find that I think Obama is a socialist and the main reason for lesser of two evils is the supreme court appointees

nodope0695
09-25-2008, 11:59 PM

If choosing the "lesser of two evils" still holds water for you, THEN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE???????:confused:

A vote for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil. Its a vote for perpetual war, American Imperialism, worthless money, and the loss of our freedoms. If that is what you want, and if the lesser of two evils still holds water for you, then perhaps you'd be better off at a McShame/Palin forum, or better yet up in Alaska looking over at Russia while hunting for moose on the highway to nowhere.

That is why I ask: Why do you like her? Liking somebody is fine, but that doesn't qualify them for VP or POTUS for that matter. I like alot of people, but wouldn't vote for them on a presidential ticket. Come now, THINK through things, my friend.

EndTheFed
09-25-2008, 11:59 PM
Ron Paul tells the truth regardless of its popularity...and sometime people don't want to hear it.

I wasn't implying that RP would openly disrespect somebody....and I don't make a habit of it either....again, I AM ON A RON PAUL FORUM SPEAKING TO LIKEMINDED PEOPLE ABOUT ISSUES MANY AMERICANS EITHER DON'T UNDERSTAND OR ARE UNWILLING TO LEARN ABOUT. Therefore, I'm not concerned with the sheeple's "feelings" while speaking to fellow freedom lovers.

Well a lot of RP people do dis-respect people... that is what the thread

is all about... or at least what it was started for.

Like minded is relative... RP supporters are probably the groups with the widest variety of people I have ever been involved with...

Bman
09-26-2008, 12:01 AM
If you read the thread

you will find that I think Obama is a socialist and the main reason for lesser of two evils is the supreme court appointees

With all due respect. Choosing between Socialism and Facism is not a choice I will make.

nodope0695
09-26-2008, 12:02 AM
Well a lot of RP people do dis-respect people... that is what the thread

is all about... or at least what it was started for.

Like minded is relative... RP supporters are probably the groups with the widest variety of people I have ever been involved with...

I agree, and I've read it. I save my snide remarks about "sheeple" for this forum, or when speaking with people who believe as I do. I only use the word to describe people who blindly follow the media, and what the gov't tells them.

EndTheFed
09-26-2008, 12:02 AM
If choosing the "lesser of two evils" still holds water for you, THEN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE???????:confused:

A vote for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil. Its a vote for perpetual war, American Imperialism, worthless money, and the loss of our freedoms. If that is what you want, and if the lesser of two evils still holds water for you, then perhaps you'd be better off at a McShame/Palin forum, or better yet up in Alaska looking over at Russia while hunting for moose on the highway to nowhere.

That is why I ask: Why do you like her? Liking somebody is fine, but that doesn't qualify them for VP or POTUS for that matter. I like alot of people, but wouldn't vote for them on a presidential ticket. Come now, THINK through things, my friend.

Hmmm so does this mean you don't want me here...

You obviously have not looked at the other thread.. If you had you would know my feelings about continuing to educate people...

Do you really want me gone... Hmmmm not a very good way to build a movement...

nodope0695
09-26-2008, 12:03 AM
With all due respect. Choosing between Socialism and Facism is not a choice I will make.

I think I would choose revolution before either.

EndTheFed
09-26-2008, 12:04 AM

If you don't learn to help BUILD this movement you may not get the chance to decide...

Bman
09-26-2008, 12:04 AM
I think I would choose revolution before either.

It's why I am here.

EndTheFed
09-26-2008, 12:06 AM
I agree, and I've read it. I save my snide remarks about "sheeple" for this forum, or when speaking with people who believe as I do. I only use the word to describe people who blindly follow the media, and what the gov't tells them.

All 38 pages.... wow

Bman
09-26-2008, 12:09 AM
If you don't learn to help BUILD this movement you may not get the chance to decide...

Build and support McCain are two seperate ideas. Me and you certainly had our shouting match at first. I think/hope we're beyond that. We just simply don't agree at what it is we are looking at with regards to McCain/Palin.

I will certainly try and build, and try not to make mistakes in conversation I may have made with you. However, I will say it like I see it, otherwise I'd be lying. I just hope to not make it personal.

libertarian4321
If you read the thread

Obama is a socialist. McCain is a big government warmonger. Either way, our money gets pissed away (either on social programs in the USA or wars overseas).

Even before he picked his inept running mate, I wasn't buying the "McCain is the lesser evil" line (hell, I can easily argue he's the greater evil). But I'm not voting for the "lesser evil" in either case.

As a soldier, I would never vote for a fool like McCain who treats serious matters like war in such a cavalier manner.

The idea of having a slow-witted, hot-tempered, and likely senile old fool as President really doesn't appeal to me.

nodope0695
Hmmm so does this mean you don't want me here...

You obviously have not looked at the other thread.. If you had you would know my feelings about continuing to educate people...

Do you really want me gone... Hmmmm not a very good way to build a movement...

That's not what I mean at all....I'm asking you why you like Palin. I'm also asking why you're on this forum if you're still voting for the "lesser of two evils".

I was being sarcastic. Sorry if you take it to mean I don't want you here. But if you're here, then I must assume you're fed up with the status quo, believe in the restoration of constitutional government, and the end to perpetual war, and fiat currency, among other things.

Your defense of Palin as a viable VP choice, and a vote for the "lesser of two evils" is very out of touch with our movement. McCain/Palin, and a vote for a lesser evil represents the complete antithesis of what Ron Paul's message is about. If you've spent at least an hour on this forum, you'd know that.

nodope0695
09-26-2008, 12:13 AM
All 38 pages.... wow

I've been on this forum for sometime now....and yes I've read the majority of the topic....I remember when if first got posted.

Did I read every single reply, no. Does anybody?

EndTheFed
09-26-2008, 12:17 AM
Build and support McCain are two seperate ideas. Me and you certainly had our shouting match at first. I think/hope we're beyond that. We just simply don't agree at what it is we are looking at with regards to McCain/Palin.

I will certainly try and build, and try not to make mistakes in conversation I may have made with you. However, I will say it like I see it, otherwise I'd be lying. I just hope to not make it personal.

I have NO problem telling the truth... and want everyone else to do the same weather they agree or disagree... My problem is belittling, jeering calling people (like palin) ignorant... stupid. I mean hell, if ANY GROUP should understand malighning someone and how to make someone look stupid with the way something is presented... this group should.

it is the same thing as I cant believe sean hannity is now proclaiming journalism is now dead because of its bias...

and this coming from him ... unbelievable...

(Technically i understand he is not a journalist but still he doesnt understand) Hmmmm

EndTheFed
09-26-2008, 12:20 AM
Obama is a socialist. McCain is a big government warmonger. Either way, our money gets pissed away (either on social programs in the USA or wars overseas).

Even before he picked his inept running mate, I wasn't buying the "McCain is the lesser evil" line (hell, I can easily argue he's the greater evil). But I'm not voting for the "lesser evil" in either case.

As a soldier, I would never vote for a fool like McCain who treats serious matters like war in such a cavalier manner.

The idea of having a slow-witted, hot-tempered, and likely senile old fool as President really doesn't appeal to me.

Could you quit with the pajoratives... they do not promote communication...

As I stated before the supreme court appointees is my main reason for supporting them

EndTheFed
09-26-2008, 12:24 AM
That's not what I mean at all....I'm asking you why you like Palin. I'm also asking why you're on this forum if you're still voting for the "lesser of two evils".

If you don't know why you are noy paying attantion...

Its the sepreme court stupid... just kidding about stupid... just quoting Clinton

I was being sarcastic. Sorry if you take it to mean I don't want you here. But if you're here, then I must assume you're fed up with the status quo, believe in the restoration of constitutional government, and the end to perpetual war, and fiat currency, among other things.

Agreed

Your defense of Palin as a viable VP choice, and a vote for the "lesser of two evils" is very out of touch with our movement. McCain/Palin, and a vote for a lesser evil represents the complete antithesis of what Ron Paul's message is about. If you've spent at least an hour on this forum, you'd know that.

No not out of touch with this movement... only "out of touch" with a segment of this movement...

EndTheFed
09-26-2008, 12:25 AM
I've been on this forum for sometime now....and yes I've read the majority of the topic....I remember when if first got posted.

Did I read every single reply, no. Does anybody?

Probably not...

libertarian4321
09-26-2008, 12:28 AM
I have NO problem telling the truth... and don't want everyone else to do the same weather they agree or disagree... My problem is belittling, jeering calling people (like palin) ignorant... stupid.

Palin is called ignorant and stupid because she seems incapable of answering even relatively simple questions. She simply looks and acts clueless.

Some people are called "ignorant" just as an insult. Others, like Palin, are called ignorant because they appear to be completely ignorant.

She's had weeks of being held away from the press. I guarantee their coaching her day in and day out, and this is the best she can do?

Again, she isn't getting tongue tied because she's trying to give too many details (as RP sometimes does), she's just flat out stupified by these questions.

If she can't stand up to Katie Couric (about the softest interviewer out there, if you don't count shills like Sean Hannity who just toss softball after softball), how is she going to hold up (if) she ever gets interviewed by someone tough?

Geez, by this time, she ought to at least be able to give canned answers or have mastered the art of avoiding the questions- she can't seem to do either with consistency. This is an indicator that she isn't terribly bright.

Maybe thats why it took her 6 years and 4 transfers to get a baccalaureate degree in journalism from the prestigious University of Idaho...:)

nodope0695
09-26-2008, 12:30 AM

As I stated before the supreme court appointees is my main reason for supporting them

If this stuff is bothering you, you shoulda been here during the primaries....gee, I hope you weren't a Ghooliani supporter....he got lots of hate here.

Listen, you sound like a true bleeding heart liberal, not a conservative. All this talk about "not supporting communication." You are on a partisan forum, with people who believe a distict set of ideals. You have presented yourself as an appologist for our ENEMY. Yes, my friend, ENEMY. McCain, and all NEOCONS are domestic enemies to our constitution, and to our freedom.

I encourage you to read up on McCain. Find out the reason for our disdain for this chowder head, and you'll understand our "jeering". Palin is a hick. Period. She is inept, ignorant, untraveled, neoconservative, wacko-religious, and she supports perpetual war and imperialism (blindly my I add). She supports the Bush Doctrine, but doesn't even know what it is!!!!!

READ, my friend. Forget Palin's hotness, forget her downhome "ah gee wizz" bullshit, and learn about what her boss is about, and what would happen to our nation should they be elected (God help us when that old geezer croaks and Palin takes over).

Bman
09-26-2008, 12:31 AM
I have NO problem telling the truth... and don't want everyone else to do the same weather they agree or disagree... My problem is belittling, jeering calling people (like palin) ignorant... stupid. I mean hell, if ANY GROUP should understand malighning someone and how to make someone look stupid with the way something is presented... this group should.

it is the same thing as I cant believe sean hannity is now proclaiming journalism is now dead because of its bias...

and this coming from him ... unbelievable...

(Technically i understand he is not a journalist but still he doesnt understand) Hmmmm

Ok hold the horses. While maybe you didn't start it. I'd have to go through any argument you've ever gotten into in this forum to know for sure. You've resorted to the same tactics.

It's human nature. Look, I'm accepting of the fact of not trying to directly insult people I am in a discussion with. But, people in the lime light put themselves there one way or another. I can see defending the person you like. Why not. Everyone does it. Everyone should. But to ask people to stop name calling people they don't like is just not plausible, or from a human stand point possible.

I truly think Palin is not very intelligent. It doesn't mean I'm right. It's just my opinion. I'll respect you for liking her and won't personally attack you, but Palin is fair game.

libertarian4321
09-26-2008, 12:31 AM

I'm using the terms "slow-witted" and "hot-tempered" as accurate descriptors of John McCain, not perjoratives.

While I'm not impressed with McCain's intelligence, I don't mean to imply that McCain is the slowest witted politician around- he seems to be sharper than, say, Sarah Palin.

EndTheFed
09-26-2008, 12:32 AM
Palin is called ignorant and stupid because she seems incapable of answering even relatively simple questions. She simply looks and acts clueless.

Some people are called "ignorant" just as an insult. Others, like Palin, are called ignorant because they appear to be completely ignorant.

She's had weeks of being held away from the press. I guarantee their coaching her day in and day out, and this is the best she can do?

Again, she isn't getting tongue tied because she's trying to give too many details (as RP sometimes does), she's just flat out stupified by these questions.

If she can't stand up to Katie Couric (about the softest interviewer out there, if you don't count shills like Sean Hannity who just toss softball after softball), how is she going to hold up (if) she ever gets interviewed by someone tough?

Geez, by this time, she ought to at least be able to give canned answers or have mastered the art of avoiding the questions- she can't seem to do either with consistency. This is an indicator that she isn't terribly bright.

Maybe thats why it took her 6 years and 4 transfers to get a baccalaureate degree in journalism from the prestigious University of Idaho...:)

The art of avoiding a question ... that is exactly what she did whe katie asked the question two more times...

nodope0695
09-26-2008, 12:33 AM
palin is called ignorant and stupid because she seems incapable of answering even relatively simple questions. She simply looks and acts clueless.

Some people are called "ignorant" just as an insult. Others, like palin, are called ignorant because they appear to be completely ignorant.

Again, she isn't getting tongue tied because she's trying to give too many details (as rp sometimes does), she's just flat out stupified by these questions.

If she can't stand up to katie couric (about the softest interviewer out there, if you don't count shills like sean hannity who just toss softball after softball), how is she going to hold up (if) she ever gets interviewed by someone tough?

Maybe thats why it took her 6 years and 4 transfers to get a baccalaureate degree in journalism from the prestigious university of idaho...:)

+1000

nodope0695
09-26-2008, 12:35 AM
The art of avoiding a question ... that is exactly what she did whe katie asked the question two more times...

She didn't avoid it, she was baffled by it....Palin is totally and completely out of her league. She just got pulled from T-Ball to the Big Leagues, and it shows.

texasbelle
09-26-2008, 12:40 AM
That was very uncomfortable watching her in that interview. I could have answered those questions better than that and I am not running for VP!

EndTheFed
09-26-2008, 12:45 AM
If this stuff is bothering you, you shoulda been here during the primaries....gee, I hope you weren't a Ghooliani supporter....he got lots of hate here.

Listen, you sound like a true bleeding heart liberal, not a conservative. All this talk about "not supporting communication." You are on a partisan forum, with people who believe a distict set of ideals. You have presented yourself as an appologist for our ENEMY. Yes, my friend, ENEMY. McCain, and all NEOCONS are domestic enemies to our constitution, and to our freedom.

Right... I am a conservitive Christian... Probably one of the most conservitive on here... of course you probably call it wacko-religious. No i was a RP supporter (and still am but voting for mccain). No this distict set of ideals is not as distinct as you make it out to be. No Mccain was a hero and fought for this country more than you have.... (although he may not COMPLETEL understand what he was fighting for) He is NOT the enemey... You need to choose your words more carefully.

Apparently this movement needs an appologist too

I encourage you to read up on McCain. Find out the reason for our disdain for this chowder head, and you'll understand our "jeering". Palin is a hick. Period. She is inept, ignorant, untraveled, neoconservative, wacko-religious, and she supports perpetual war and imperialism (blindly my I add). She supports the Bush Doctrine, but doesn't even know what it is!!!!!

READ, my friend. Forget Palin's hotness, forget her downhome "ah gee wizz" bullshit, and learn about what her boss is about, and what would happen to our nation should they be elected (God help us when that old geezer croaks and Palin takes over).

EndTheFed
09-26-2008, 12:46 AM
She didn't avoid it, she was baffled by it....Palin is totally and completely out of her league. She just got pulled from T-Ball to the Big Leagues, and it shows.

So you like all these people from the big league in DC mmm nice

nodope0695
09-26-2008, 12:47 AM
So you like all these people from the big league in DC mmm nice

Gimme a break....

EndTheFed
09-26-2008, 12:50 AM
Gimme a break....

Have you EVER heard RP call someone a name and speak condesendingly to them...
Not only no but hell no.

He has too much class..

a lot of His follower could use some..

Bman
09-26-2008, 12:58 AM
Not only no but hell no.

He has too much class..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88REf0tjZHo

EndTheFed
09-26-2008, 01:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88REf0tjZHo

Mmmm appears to me he was MUCH younger then....

Think he has grown up a lot...

And he said he was a little overweight...
did not call him and idiot and belittle him

Bman
09-26-2008, 01:07 AM
Mmmm appears to me he was MUCH younger then....

Think he has grown up a lot...

Yeah he would have been in his early 50's.

Eric21ND
09-26-2008, 01:13 AM
Do you agree with the Bush Doctrine?

"In what respect Charlie?" *stars twirling her hair with her finger* :confused:

nodope0695
09-26-2008, 01:15 AM
Right... I am a conservitive Christian... Probably one of the most conservitive on here... of course you probably call it wacko-religious. No i was a RP supporter (and still am but voting for mccain). No this distict set of ideals is not as distinct as you make it out to be. No Mccain was a hero and fought for this country more than you have.... (although he may not COMPLETEL understand what he was fighting for) He is NOT the enemey... You need to choose your words more carefully.

I've been in the Navy for 15 years, sir. I did my time in the Persian Gulf, thankfully before Bush's bullshit war on terror started. So I do understand what McCain was fighting for: an illegal, undeclared war in Vietnam disguised as a war of defense against the evil commies from the north.

I also know that McCain sat most of that war out while at the Hanoi Hilton as a POW....ok, fine. I thank him for his service. However, he is no hero today. He is mean, volitile, too old, in ill health, supports open boarders, favors big oil and other corporations, voted for the Iraq war (and still supports it), etc. McCain finished nearly last in his class at the Naval Acadamy. McCain crashed SEVEN aircraft while a naval aviator (shot down twice, so I'll give him those ones). Ninety-nine point nine percent of pilots in the Navy NEVER crash thier planes, did you know that?

How can you be a Ron Paul supporter and opt for McCain???? Knowing what you know of our movement, how can you cast a vote for a man like that?

And, wacko-religious is in reference to Palin's "mission from God" remark regarding our ILLEGAL, IMMORAL, & ILLADVISED WAR IN IRAQ. I'm sorry, but God doesn't have anything to do with that travesty. I'm pretty sure not even the devil would take credit for that royal fiasco.

EndTheFed
09-26-2008, 01:17 AM
Do you agree with the Bush Doctrine?

"In what respect Charlie?" *stars twirling her hair with her finger* :confused:

And exactly what is the Bush Doctrine? Where is it defined? Many people did not know what it was .. there were many opinions about what it was.

nodope0695
09-26-2008, 01:18 AM
Not only no but hell no.

He has too much class..

http://cornerstork.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/crying_baby.jpg

EndTheFed
09-26-2008, 01:23 AM
I've been in the Navy for 15 years, sir. I did my time in the Persian Gulf, thankfully before Bush's bullshit war on terror started. So I do understand what McCain was fighting for: an illegal, undeclared war in Vietnam disguised as a war of defense against the evil commies from the north.

I also know that McCain sat most of that war out while at the Hanoi Hilton as a POW....ok, fine. I thank him for his service. However, he is no hero today. He is mean, volitile, too old, in ill health, supports open boarders, favors big oil and other corporations, voted for the Iraq war (and still supports it), etc. McCain finished nearly last in his class at the Naval Acadamy. McCain crashed SEVEN aircraft while a naval aviator (shot down twice, so I'll give him those ones). Ninety-nine point nine percent of pilots in the Navy NEVER crash thier planes, did you know that?

Thank you for your service... sincerely... but I don't think you were captured and tourtured... were you?

How can you be a Ron Paul supporter and opt for McCain???? Knowing what you know of our movement, how can you cast a vote for a man like that?

And, wacko-religious is in reference to Palin's "mission from God" remark regarding our ILLEGAL, IMMORAL, & ILLADVISED WAR IN IRAQ. I'm sorry, but God doesn't have anything to do with that travesty. I'm pretty sure not even the devil would take credit for that royal fiasco.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...light=Tolerant

As referenced many tomes in this thread... explains how i could posibbly comet to the conclusions I have.

nodope0695
09-26-2008, 01:23 AM
And exactly what is the Bush Doctrine? Where is it defined? Many people did not know what it was .. there were many opinions about what it was.

What it was??

Uh, have you seen? There is an undeclared, predemptive war going on in Iraq. A war waged by US, against a soverign nation who DIDN'T ATTACK US FIRST. The Bush Doctrine is one in which we, the USA may now preemptively attack a percieved foe before said foe can attack us. Never in US hisory has that been a doctrine of our national defense, NEVER. Until GWB came in that is. The military commisions act is another element of the Bush Doctrine. TORTURE is a tenet of the Bush Doctrine. Suspension of Habias Corpus is a tenet of the Bush Doctrine....shall I go on?

GOOGLE "BUSH DOCTRINE" HAVE YOU TRIED THAT????

Bman
09-26-2008, 01:24 AM

This is a serious issue for someone running for the Presidency or Vice Presidency. All Presidents in recent history have had doctrines. And those Doctrines have been on how the President was going to deal with the problems he faced with foreign affairs.

It's really a straight forward question. While not everyone may understand the question. You certainly should if you're running for the Presidency.

EndTheFed
09-26-2008, 01:25 AM
http://cornerstork.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/crying_baby.jpg

You are not worth talking to at this point... You obviously don't care how you make the move
I would assume you must be at least 40 so I would thing you would have grown up a little more... but..
ment look.

EndTheFed
09-26-2008, 01:28 AM
What it was??

Uh, have you seen? There is an undeclared, predemptive war going on in Iraq. A war waged by US, against a soverign nation who DIDN'T ATTACK US FIRST. The Bush Doctrine is one in which we, the USA may now preemptively attack a percieved foe before said foe can attack us. Never in US hisory has that been a doctrine of our national defense, NEVER. Until GWB came in that is. The military commisions act is another element of the Bush Doctrine. TORTURE is a tenet of the Bush Doctrine. Suspension of Habias Corpus is a tenet of the Bush Doctrine....shall I go on?

GOOGLE "BUSH DOCTRINE" HAVE YOU TRIED THAT????

You missed the point.... There were and are many opinions as to what i meant... her asking fo clarification is not a problem...

Bman
09-26-2008, 01:29 AM
Thank you for your service... sincerely... but I don't think you were captured and tourtured... were you?

WOAH! Hey look now watch it here. My dad's a Vietnam vet. He's on 100% disability because of Vietnam. I'm probably going to lose him many years earlier than I should. Anyone who's been put through hell does not need to be asked about what level they were on. My mother once told me my father was a much different man before he came back from Vietnam. Anyone who suffers through war is a prisoner of what they have experienced. And look I'm going to leave it at that. This debate should never be a subject.

EndTheFed
09-26-2008, 01:30 AM
This is a serious issue for someone running for the Presidency or Vice Presidency. All Presidents in recent history have had doctrines. And those Doctrines have been on how the President was going to deal with the problems he faced with foreign affairs.

It's really a straight forward question. While not everyone may understand the question. You certainly should if you're running for the Presidency.

As I aksed... where is the document that defines this? where is it stated that this is the Bush Doctrine?

EndTheFed
09-26-2008, 01:32 AM
WOAH! Hey look now watch it here. My dad's a Vietnam vet. He's on 100% disability because of Vietnam. I'm probably going to lose him many years earlier than I should. Anyone who's been put through hell does not need to be asked about what level they were on. My mother once told me my father was a much different man before he came back from Vietnam. Anyone who suffers through war is a prisoner of what they have experienced. And look I'm going to leave it at that. This debate should never be a subject.

I was talking to the other guy.... for got his name but he said mccain is the enemy... and he was in the navy 15 years... i was comparing mccains ordeal to his ... which he seems to belittle mccains..

EndTheFed
09-26-2008, 01:32 AM
Gotta go to bed...
nite all!

nodope0695
09-26-2008, 01:35 AM

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...light=Tolerant

As referenced many tomes in this thread... explains how i could posibbly comet to the conclusions I have.

No, I wan't captured and tortured....however if I were, I would not walk around touting it as a badge of honor, nor would I claim it qualified me for any position or job of any kind (unless I were going to be a VA POW advocate). There were hundreds of POWs in Vietnam. It is only McShame who throws his POW past around as if we're all supposed to bow before him. A hero would try and escape, dig a tunnel, help his comrads. The evidence points to McCain consorting with his capters in exchange for early release while the rest of his brethren remained in Vietnam.

May I also note that your hero, McCain, voted against measures that would have brought back the remains of POWs who died in Vietnam. McCain voted against the release of the medical records belonging to POWs in Vietnam, even after family members of said POWs petitioned for release of those records.

McCain has voted for Bush measures 95% of the time.

Sitting in a POW camp garners a person no more foriegn policy experience than being the governor of Alaska and being able to see Russia from your porch.

nodope0695
09-26-2008, 01:39 AM

I was refering to McCain's Senatership, not his past military service. McCain is a NEOCON. His policies, and his voting record make him an enemy of constitutional government. I could give a shit less about his POW history...it doesn't make him anymore qualified for the job than me. Period.

Bman
09-26-2008, 01:42 AM
As I aksed... where is the document that defines this? where is it stated that this is the Bush Doctrine?

Preemptive War. That's it. Sure I mean you can literal about going into relations with each country. But as a widely understood generic interpretaion that would be it. It should be fairly well understood. I can't blame someone for not knowing that. But in her case for the office she is seeking she should've been able to summarize that the question was Preemptive war.

I mean it would be like me asking you about what you thought about Evolution. You're answer wouldn't be we'll what exact animals evolution do you want to talk about.

Bman
09-26-2008, 01:43 AM
I was refering to McCain's Senatership, not his past military service. McCain is a NEOCON. His policies, and his voting record make him an enemy of constitutional government. I could give a shit less about his POW history...it doesn't make him anymore qualified for the job than me. Period.

I wouldn't even debate that topic as I am 100% in agreement.

nodope0695
09-26-2008, 01:47 AM
I wouldn't even debate that topic as I am 100% in agreement.

I agree too. Sorry if I gave the impression that I was belittling those who served in the Vietnam war, or the one we're in now...

The best way to honor and support our troops, both past and present, is to bring them home.

Bman
09-26-2008, 01:49 AM
I agree too. Sorry if I gave the impression that I was belittling those who served in the Vietnam war, or the one we're in now...

The best way to honor and support our troops, both past and present, is to bring them home.

It took me a little bit of convincing but I got my dad to vote for Ron Paul. It was a happy day for me.

nodope0695
09-26-2008, 01:52 AM
It took me a little bit of convincing but I got my dad to vote for Ron Paul. It was a happy day for me.

I'm taking my permanent marker with me to the Diebold machines and writing RP in on the screen!!!

Bman
09-26-2008, 01:53 AM
I'm taking my permanent marker with me to the Diebold machines and writing RP in on the screen!!!

lol. Just don't get caught.

nodope0695
09-26-2008, 01:55 AM
lol. Just don't get caught.

Yeah, maybe I'll use dry erase.

anaconda
09-26-2008, 02:48 AM

She should study this for her next interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

LibertyEagle
09-26-2008, 03:01 AM
Sorry, but she's a hick way in over her head,
As opposed to the Ivy League bullshit artist lawyers that are usually put forth? Like that?

and would be absolutely the worst thing that could happen to our nation should McShame be elected.
lol.

As opposed to the socialist-pig, smooth-talking Obama, with his several months of "experience", right?

Using voting criteria like "not a hick", "nice hair", "I'd like to have a beer with him", "he's so handsome", "oh, he looks so strong", etc., are part of what got us in this mess we find ourselves.

The woman just got her passport LAST YEAR!!!!!!
Now, THERE'S an interesting criterion. How long do you think someone should have had their passport, before they are considered "worthy"? :p I'm still not getting what having a passport has to do with anything.

Like her all you want, hell, I'd tap that shit.
You wish. :rolleyes:

I just wouldn't vote for her (or McShame).
Neither would I, but your reasons lack merit.

LibertyEagle
09-26-2008, 03:06 AM
No Mccain was a hero and fought for this country more than you have....

How is he a hero?

Maybe you and I have different definitions for the term. People who turn their backs on POWs and break their oath of office to the Constitution, repeatedly, are not "heroes" in my book.

libertarian4321
09-26-2008, 03:07 AM

I meant by cleverly avoiding the question (Clinton was a master at it), not by drooling on herself...

libertarian4321
09-26-2008, 03:15 AM

Wholly crap, Sarah Palin is on the RP Forums!

I know, you've been hunting moose and haven't had time to pay attention to whats going on in the rest of the world. Who's got time to pay attention to things like the Iraq War?

Never fear, Governor, you've come to the right place, we can educate you and hopefully knock the neocon out of you...

libertarian4321
09-26-2008, 03:19 AM
That was very uncomfortable watching her in that interview. I could have answered those questions better than that and I am not running for VP!

I suspect a good percentage of the people on these forums could have done a better job than Palin did- these were NOT complex questions.

BTW, if this was the only time Palin had come off as slow-witted and unprepared, we might be able to dismiss her dismal performance as just "having a bad day." However, she's looked awful in both of the interviews she's done- Charlie Rose and Katie Couric- and they are not exactly known for their probing interviews.

free.alive
09-26-2008, 03:20 AM
bump

nodope0695
09-26-2008, 04:16 AM
How is he a hero?

Maybe you and I have different definitions for the term. People who turn their backs on POWs and break their oath of office to the Constitution, repeatedly, are not "heroes" in my book.

Amen, Brutha

nodope0695
09-26-2008, 04:21 AM
Now, THERE'S an interesting criterion. How long do you think someone should have had their passport, before they are considered "worthy"?

I was pointing to her lack of travel. I think somebody should have at least traveled some place other than Anchorage and learned a little something about other cultures, nations, and history before they consider NATIONAL office.:cool:

Minuteman2008
09-26-2008, 04:53 AM
I think the problem stems from the fact that she can't just give honest answers and has to say what McCain, Lieberman, and the neocons want her to say. She may have some actual conservative ideas, but I guarantee those are being washed away by the same idiots who are using her as a bone to be thrown to conservatives. If she was allowed to just be herself and answer honestly, she'd be much more effective, even if she came across as naive. Becuase what the Dems have to offer isn't a damn bit better than even McCain (who is the very worst of any Repubican running in the primaries), someone inexperience but able to give common sense, conservative answers to questions could win over a lot of voters. Sort of how Ron Paul comes across as a bit unpolished in interviews, yet you know he's being completely honest with you. I'm not saying I'm a big fan of Palin, but I'm at least more sympathetic toward her than McCain, Obama and Biden.

malibuu
09-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Wow, was that bad - I knew she was a bad choice for second-in-command.

Can John McCain change to fred Thompson as his running mate ?

She will be slaughtered in St. Louis next week at the first debate !

D.H.
09-26-2008, 03:19 PM
No one has brought up this part...I posted this on another thread before I saw this one.

This woman is woefully unprepared even dangerous at this point considering the complicated problems we are now facing and EVERYONE should be talking about it.

Aside from the Russia & Israel comments from her interview (complete with bizarre hand signals when talking about Putin) just try to read this and make any sense out of it.

COURIC: Why isn’t it better, Governor Palin, to spend $700 billion helping middle-class families struggling with health care, housing, gas and groceries? ... Instead of helping these big financial institutions that played a role in creating this mess?

PALIN: Ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health care reform that is needed to help shore up the economy– Oh, it’s got to be about job creation too. So health care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions.

It REALLY is a Miss South Carolina moment; The bailout helps those that are concerned about health care. REALLY? Healthcare is needed to shore up our economy? Reducing taxes has to accompany tax reductions? Good God, this is ONE reply. The worse part is she had crib notes! WTF?