PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh! THey're Pulling An All Nighter.

angelatc
09-25-2008, 06:05 PM
Whatever news jabbering I have on in the background just reported that the Hill is going to stay up all night working on this.

TGautier421
09-25-2008, 06:06 PM
Whatever news jabbering I have on in the background just reported that the Hill is going to stay up all night working on this.

Sleepover! I hope someone brings the Kool-Aid....

tpreitzel
09-25-2008, 06:08 PM

Exactly like I expected. Normally, I'm pretty sedate, but I've been in a controlled meltdown all day....

malibuu
09-25-2008, 06:18 PM
Good -
at least Fred "I can't take the 14-16 hour days voting" Thompson isn't in office.

micahnelson
09-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Nothing scarier than congress hard at work.

CasualApathy
09-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Worst slumber party ever.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1176/839766815_048b1b2bdf_o.jpg

mconder
09-25-2008, 06:21 PM
This is how they push through stupid bills, they threaten to keep them there until something passes. It's called sleep deprivation and it makes people very compliant with your demands. I think it was the income tax or something that got passed because everyone wanted to get home for Christmas.

LibertyEagle
09-25-2008, 06:22 PM
Nothing scarier than congress hard at work.

+1

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
09-25-2008, 06:27 PM
This is how I think it's going to go down.
The WaMu takeover tonight was purely political, "See, we're about to go down!"
Tomorrow is a black friday with the DOW down 500.

Congress will be signing that bill over the weekend and bowing before Reichsmarschall Paulson

liberteebell
09-25-2008, 06:42 PM

Congress will be signing that bill over the weekend and bowing before Reichsmarschall Paulson

I think you're probably right. :mad:

Texan4Life
09-25-2008, 06:50 PM
Sleepover! I hope someone brings the Kool-Aid....

...and run a train on nancy pelosi...

constitutional
09-25-2008, 06:52 PM
You know what would be awesome? A senator doing filibuster for the next 24 hours. :D

HOLLYWOOD
09-25-2008, 06:53 PM
They are going to come up with some GIMMICKS.

Or they will look to their Lobbyists and BANKS to dump TONS of Ca$H on their Reelection Campaigns.

THey ALL know... they are going to get fired from their jobs, the way things stand right now with pushing this BAILOUT.

The Democrats are SPENDING like SHARKS in a TUNA factory. They need to fund some BRIBES to buyout the IGNORANT classes of American Voters.

Probably have some IMMUNITY ofr ILLEGALS with immediate rights to VOTE for them or something of the sort.

We NEED to remain COGNIZANT of everything going on inside the Corrupt Colluding Circles...

Use you Contacts in DC to keep us abreast, so we may challenge and fight this ILLEGAL TOTALITARIAN KLEPTOCRACY.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
09-25-2008, 07:00 PM
we're screwed whether this bill goes through or not.
if it goes through we'll buy ourselves another few months to prepare.
if it fails in a week or two we will be a dictatorship.
Combat brigades coming home to patrol on Oct 1 are no coincidence.
I'll be on the lookout for white armbands.

ItsTime
09-25-2008, 07:05 PM

There will be many

CasualApathy
09-25-2008, 07:15 PM

If troops start marching it is time to start mailing the guy fawkes masks.

max
09-25-2008, 07:24 PM
This is how they push through stupid bills, they threaten to keep them there until something passes. It's called sleep deprivation and it makes people very compliant with your demands. I think it was the income tax or something that got passed because everyone wanted to get home for Christmas.

that was the Federal Resrve Act...passed late at night 2 days before Christmas 1913......

income tax was ratified earlier that same year....the two go hand in hand. If government was going to be able to borrow unlimited from the Fed, then it had to have a means of repaying the bankers' interest with income taxes

13 was certainly an unlucky number....it was the year wilson took office, the income tax, and the fed,

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
09-25-2008, 07:26 PM
If troops start marching it is time to start mailing the guy fawkes masks.

it won't be like Germany.. it'll be the militarization of our local police forces with perhaps a bit of military support. DHS has everything in place to take over local authorities.
The police commissioner will get bypassed by the sitting ranked officer at nearby bases.

itshappening
09-25-2008, 07:28 PM
wasnt there an act to create a central bank "opposed" by some in congress then they "agreed" on the Federal Reserve Act

I think the same could happen here, the Republicans will agree to a reworked version of what they're "opposing"

Zera
09-25-2008, 07:33 PM
I've been watching C-Span for the first time for some time now, and it seems like every Republican representative is going up to talk. You guys think Paul is going to tonight?

TGautier421
09-25-2008, 07:35 PM
Does everyone actually think the military will be full force behind the government here? They are taxpayers too! If we enter a depression, who will pay the soldiers?

DFF
09-25-2008, 07:36 PM
They are going to come up with some GIMMICKS.

Or they will look to their Lobbyists and BANKS to dump TONS of Ca$H on their Reelection Campaigns.

THey ALL know... they are going to get fired from their jobs, the way things stand right now with pushing this BAILOUT.

The Democrats are SPENDING like SHARKS in a TUNA factory. They need to fund some BRIBES to buyout the IGNORANT classes of American Voters.

Probably have some IMMUNITY ofr ILLEGALS with immediate rights to VOTE for them or something of the sort.

We NEED to remain COGNIZANT of everything going on inside the Corrupt Colluding Circles...

Use you Contacts in DC to keep us abreast, so we may challenge and fight this ILLEGAL TOTALITARIAN KLEPTOCRACY.

^^What he said.^^

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
09-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Does everyone actually think the military will be full force behind the government here? They are taxpayers too! If we enter a depression, who will pay the soldiers?

if they are militarized they won't be taxpayers anymore. hehe.
DHS is very active in local police anyways.

http://www.providencepolice.com/homeland.html

NewEnd
09-25-2008, 07:50 PM
market goes up on WaMu news. Fear was lack of buyer. they found a buyer. good news.

TGautier421
09-25-2008, 07:54 PM
if they are militarized they won't be taxpayers anymore. hehe.
DHS is very active in local police anyways.

http://www.providencepolice.com/homeland.html

Militarized? Please excuse my ignorance but could you explain to me what you mean there? :confused: How could the military become 'militarized'?

And I'm talking soldiers with actual human compassion. They all have families here in America that they would be 'suppressing'.

Cowlesy
09-25-2008, 07:56 PM
Barney Frank and Chris Dodd were just on TV.

Republicans are snubbing the Democrats plan (I know...makes no sense).

Chris Dodd said "I just want to go home" (and he left), and Barney Frank said "they just threw this BS our way".

constituent
09-25-2008, 07:57 PM
http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=CMPz67qm-sDLfxDUAxgxMggbFaDPO17DvA

future reference bump (they won't let that one be on the market long)

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
09-25-2008, 07:58 PM
How could the military become 'militarized'?

No, the local police forces will do the enforcing, not soldiers. The military will deputize our town police and will be under orders of the military (superseding civilian leadership like the chief and commissioner and mayor).
They aren't going to be shooting people on a whim or anything like that.
Just "maintaining order". Making sure people are going to work, not looting, obeying curfew, etc. The military will be called in only when local police can't handle a situation.

afmatt
09-25-2008, 08:01 PM

They will make sure we get paid - gotta keep the military happy.

If it ever gets to that point though I'll probably be working with Adam Kokesh to water a certain tree.

TGautier421
09-25-2008, 08:05 PM
Ah, I see. Well, they're gonna have a HARD TIME doing that outside of the urban sprawls. I live in a town with less than 3000 people. We all know each other here. If the shit hits the fan we're in it for the long run. If some military unit tried walking into our town they will be met with open 'arms'.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
09-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Ah, I see. Well, they're gonna have a HARD TIME doing that outside of the urban sprawls. I live in a town with less than 3000 people. We all know each other here. If the shit hits the fan we're in it for the long run. If some military unit tried walking into our town they will be met with open 'arms'.

NO!
DHS will make the phone call to your local police saying they are taking over command.
Troops may come in to secure cattle ranches and farms "for your own protection."
Most people will allow them.
In exchange for the protection from looters and bandits you will give some of your crop to the government.

NewEnd
09-25-2008, 08:13 PM
market goes up on WaMu news. Fear was lack of buyer. they found a buyer. good news.

oops, failed, and then bought.

TGautier421
09-25-2008, 08:19 PM
But, I thought you just said the local police would be doing the enforcing. :confused:

I live in central Kansas. There are towns exactly like mine literally every 10 minutes in distance. I wonder if they would send a unit to each town. And how the local police would take to it.

Hasn't Oklahoma declared partial sovereignty? What if other states declare partial sovereignty?

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
09-25-2008, 08:26 PM
But, I thought you just said the local police would be doing the enforcing. :confused:

I live in central Kansas. There are towns exactly like mine literally every 10 minutes in distance. I wonder if they would send a unit to each town. And how the local police would take to it.

Hasn't Oklahoma declared partial sovereignty? What if other states declare partial sovereignty?

the police will be maintaining the order and crowd control.
Troops will be seizing prized assets and infrastructure.
Sovereignty means shit. Try it in a court and see how fast your ass is locked up.
If you have valuable assets, the troops will seize it plain and simple. Of course they will tell you they are only "protecting" it. But when the time comes, if you don't fork it over when they demand it, you'll be in Gitmo.
As long as you are an asset to the government you'll remain alive, like a corporation cares for a machine in a factory. If not, you will be liquidated. See, this is an economic crisis.

TGautier421
09-25-2008, 08:32 PM
How do you know all this? That sounds like fear-mongering.

And I'm talking about State Sovereignty (http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread.php?t=274054), Not per individual. If what you say comes to pass I would believe the military would be met with a bit of resistance by the Oklahoma National Guard.

Join The Paul Side
09-25-2008, 10:09 PM

I say give them each a gun with one bullet in it. Let them knock back some whisky, mull it over a while, and then do the righteous thing for America and pull the trigger. :cool:

Bradley in DC
09-25-2008, 10:33 PM
You know what would be awesome? A senator doing filibuster for the next 24 hours. :D

Oh, excellent. :)

I suggest calls to Sens. Coburn & Bunning...

and let's see who's not doing well for re-election that should know better... :D

Sens. Sununu, Stevens (wouldn't that be a hoot), Smith, Dole and Coleman.

scandinaviany3
09-25-2008, 11:00 PM

Have bunning do it everyone...

Whoever is in kentucky needs to talk to his senator

ChickenHawk
09-25-2008, 11:23 PM

I agree. It's high time someone challenged Strom Thurmonds 24 hour 18 minute record.

Thrashertm
09-25-2008, 11:24 PM

absolutely right.

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
09-25-2008, 11:52 PM

Payment will be things like food and water, which the government will put itself in charge of redistributing.

Truth Warrior
09-26-2008, 07:09 AM
That probably just means that a lot of them will simply vote, DRUNK ............... AGAIN. ;)

:D

Ozwest
09-26-2008, 07:25 AM
I Just fell in love with a high class hooker.

Hot!

Ozwest
09-26-2008, 07:30 AM
I got her phone numbrer.We are going out to lumch!

Ohhh...

For the sex alone!

Pete
09-26-2008, 07:37 AM
I Just fell in love with a high class hooker.

Hot!

Hahaha. A friend of mine met a beautiful woman in a nightclub and invited her to dinner. Over dinner, she told him she expected to be paid for her company.

He excused himself to go to the BR and skipped out on the bill. The free market in action. :D