PDA

View Full Version : So, the House Republicans...

Zera
09-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Where did the sudden enlargement of balls come from?

CasualApathy
09-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Where did the sudden enlargement of balls come from?

Listening to Ron paul for 30 years and finally realising he was right all along ;)

werdd
09-25-2008, 05:39 PM
ron paul coalition amass!

Zera
09-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Well, I personally think that them not wanting this bill is good, but they don't want it for the wrong reasons. Hopefully I'm wrong.

socialize_me
09-25-2008, 05:42 PM
It's all politics. The Democrats are now the party that supports bailouts with taxpayer money, but now Republicans want a "private" insurance firm to be established to insure these mortgage backed securities. Can you say Fannie Mae II??? I mean Fannie Mae came with the misconception that it was guaranteed by the Federal Government...this Republican work-around (which they're saying Wall Street money will be used) will end up to be a Fannie Mae for the insurance industry. The Government will establish a "private" firm to insure these already illiquid assets. What happens in a year or two when that insurance company needs to insure all of these mortgage securities?? They go bankrupt!! Then we're back where we started, that is, unless the Republicans come back with an insurance company for the insurance company. What's sickening is that this is what are the basis for Derivative Contracts. They're like insurance policies for your investments where you pay a premium and you basically only lose that premium you pay. We're pyramiding this debt like the financial institutions did with derivative contracts, and it would bite us in the ass even harder if they actually got this passed.

Bottom line, the headlines will read that the Republicans want Wall Street to pay for this while Democrats want taxpayer money to pay for the bailout of Wall Street. Either way we're screwed since the Republican plan only sets us up for this problem to occur again. If Fannie Mae was a disaster, how in the hell can you create another company like that to insure a company that you made which went under?? It boggles my mind!!

Zera
09-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Oh, excuse my balls remark, I see an old lady representative from North Carolina on C-Span right now.

MsDoodahs
09-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Roflol!