PDA

View Full Version : Keep up the great work - The BAILOUT is STALLED! That's right, STALLED!

Menthol Patch
09-25-2008, 05:14 PM
I just came home from running a few errands and just saw on TV that the bailout is STALLED! That's right, STALLED! This is very good news.

I'm absolutely sure that the reason it's stalled is because so many people have been calling, faxing, and emailing. Please keep calling your representatives. We need to let them know that this bailout MUST NOT HAPPEN!

RonPaulVolunteer
09-25-2008, 05:21 PM
It's going to pass. And it's a good thing, in that it will infuriate a few hundred million people, and then MAYBE someone will get some balls and do something.

socialize_me
09-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Yeah, if anything, this has brought Ron Paul supporters closer together and much stronger. It seems like we've got new life in the movement, and that's a great thing. Maybe this bailout is a blessing in disguise...the Federal Reserve may still exist if we don't have this bailout package, but if it is passed, trillions more will be needed..the Government will face relentless opposition by the People for digging us into these holes..

RevolutionSD
09-25-2008, 05:24 PM
I just came home from running a few errands and just saw on TV that the bailout is STALLED! That's right, STALLED! This is very good news.

I'm absolutely sure that the reason it's stalled is because so many people have been calling, faxing, and emailing. Please keep calling your representatives. We need to let them know that this bailout MUST NOT HAPPEN!

Fuck your representatives.

I for one will not beg my masters to make decisions for me.

It's time for us all to wake up and realize we are individuals, not collectivized slaves, and, for god's sake, THERE ARE NO PARENTS IN LIFE!

We have to do this ourselves. Noncompliance, civil disobedience is the only way out of this mess for We, the People.

nullvalu
09-25-2008, 05:29 PM
I doubt it's really stalled.. I wouldn't put it past the CFR member Snuffalufugus and the rest of the Old Media to spin lies that it's "falling apart" just so we ease up on our efforts.

bew2005
09-25-2008, 05:30 PM
First off, I hope the bill is not passed and have contacted my Representative and both Senators about it. Our Democratic Rep. has indicated he is not sold that "any" bailout is necessary. And Senator Bunning is fully against it. Unfortunately, Senator McConnell is still in support.

Regardless, if they do pass the bailout plan and the s**t still hits the fan, we can point back and say we warned the people. We can use that as leverage against whatever huge government rescue they will be planning at the time. It will be a powerful bargaining tool. In the end, it's great to see people finally standing up to Washington.

malibuu
09-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Let them know we are paying attention and RE-ELECT NO ONE that votes for this.

http://shelby.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressRoom.NewsReleases&ContentRecord_id=8fa877af-802a-23ad-4732-11a1d1be3606

Sen. Richard Shelby :

“My record is very clear on taxpayer funded bailouts. I have long opposed government bailouts for individuals and corporate America alike. As a Congressman, I voted against the loan guarantees for Chrysler in 1979.
. . .
It is time that the Administration and Congress do the hard work of devising, as quickly as possible, a comprehensive and workable plan for resolving this crisis, before we waste $700 billion of taxpayer money.

“Thank you, Mr. Chairman.”

Let's see how he votes now.

LibertyEagle
09-25-2008, 05:49 PM
THERE ARE NO PARENTS IN LIFE!

Parents?

tpreitzel
09-25-2008, 05:49 PM
I doubt it's really stalled.. I wouldn't put it past the CFR member Snuffalufugus and the rest of the Old Media to spin lies that it's "falling apart" just so we ease up on our efforts.

Probably. These unscrupulous critters will resort to anything to further their agenda. The majority of our "representatives" in congress have no dignity or integrity. Some certainly have integrity, but not many.

Razorback Fan
09-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Parents?

What, you never heard of parthenogenesis?

Dustancostine
09-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Yeah, if anything, this has brought Ron Paul supporters closer together and much stronger. It seems like we've got new life in the movement, and that's a great thing. Maybe this bailout is a blessing in disguise...the Federal Reserve may still exist if we don't have this bailout package, but if it is passed, trillions more will be needed..the Government will face relentless opposition by the People for digging us into these holes..

Today my MU printed up 3,000 of the CFL "Stop the Bail-Out" Slim Jims and are distributing them as we speak. We had 15 people today agree to pass them out. That is the most participation that we have had since the state convention out of our MU.... Woot

Vive la r3VOLution.

ronpaul.meetup.com/342 (ronpaul.meetup.com/342)

Dary
09-25-2008, 06:03 PM
The republicans are floating the idea that by deregulating, they can allow private funds rather than taxpayer funds to pay for it. This actually sounds like a good idea to me. I'm still leary about all of the new powers that would be granted to the treasury though. I wonder if this could be a potential solution....

The_Orlonater
09-25-2008, 06:05 PM
Yes!

I hope it won't pass.

angelatc
09-25-2008, 06:07 PM
Fuck your representatives.I for one will not beg my masters to make decisions for me.

You know, even under the original Constitution the House members would be selected the same way they are now.

We're not an anarchy, and they're not psychic. Thick headed, but not psychic.

Dary
09-25-2008, 06:07 PM
Senator Richard Shelby is fighting like hell.

Lovecraftian4Paul
09-25-2008, 06:18 PM
Can Ron Paul filibuster a bailout bill in the House, or is that only the Senate?

blocks
09-25-2008, 06:50 PM
The House Republicans are the hold up! The House Dems and the nearly all of the Senate are ready to pass the $700B, but they want the House Republicans on board to be covered. It wouldn't look too good for the Dems if they okayed Bush's scheme while it was the Republicans in the House that stood up against it, when this bailout trashes the dollar. :D

Some Democrats are trying to make it look like this is some McCain master plan, but McCain hasn't even endorsed the new plan the House Rs have put out there.

I don't know all the details with the House Rs plan but it has to go with having Wall Street pay for premiums on government granted insurance given out sort of like the FDIC does. It's more government power, but at least its not taxpayers money going bailing them out.

fedup100
09-25-2008, 07:02 PM
Has anyone noticed that treason is committed daily now and no one even flinches!

CurtisLow
09-25-2008, 07:05 PM

+1 keep up the great work. Just do it!

Fax
Call
Mail
Email your reps!!!!

georgiapeach
09-25-2008, 07:26 PM
I caught a bit on the radio tonight talking about a near bralw at the Whitehouse over a bailout meeting this afternoon. I have no idea who was talking, but one of the Republican Congressmen they interviewed was mad because they are gtting the bill crammed down their throats at the last minute before their break after they have spent more time "talking about baseball players taking steroids" than talking about the economy the rest of the session.
So maybe they have realized how pissed we are. I'm not hopeful yet, but we'll see.

ChickenHawk
09-25-2008, 07:38 PM
I just sent an e-mail to my Congressman (Dave Reichert, R-WA 8) asking him not to support a bail-out. This is one of those things that absolutely must be stopped, but I have a feeling won't be.

Badger Paul
09-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Hey everyone we are having an effect. This thing would have been signed, sealed and delievered by now if it wasn't for us. I know they may very call all their chits and put everyone in vise tomorrow (like a stock market tank for example), but if the House GOP holds firm, this thign goes nowehere. Thats's how unpopular it is and that's where our advantage lies.

Keep working on the House Republicans Bump!

devil21
09-25-2008, 09:11 PM
A thought I had. Could this "stall" purposely be to benefit McCain and let him weasel out of tomorrow's debate and save Palin from next week's VP debate? The timing of McCain's campaign "suspension" and grand arrival in DC and the sudden GOP backlash seems a little too coincidental. Hopefully its just coincidence but I couldn't ignore it.

Since when did Congress ever really give a shit what the people think?

HOLLYWOOD
09-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Remember,

ALl the Congressional office want information, names, etc.

So contact, Colleagues, Friends, and Family to call in and use their vote as power.

NOTE: I've been watching the Democratics on C-SPAN and FOX BUSINESS... they are downright SOCIPATHIC INSANE SPENDERS. Barney Frank and Chris Dodd need to go to the gallows with their lobbyist buddies.

Pelosi wants to add a COMPENSATION BRIBE to TAXPAYERS in the BILL.

Are they wacked or what? Proves why Congress has been upside down for many years.

ihsv
09-25-2008, 09:16 PM
My thoughts are that Ron Paul ought to call the Sargent at Arms and have Bernanke and Paulson arrested for treason. Then Congress should make one last collective decision and RESIGN, leaving RP to vote on any other bills :)

blocks
09-25-2008, 09:40 PM
My thoughts are that Ron Paul ought to call the Sargent at Arms and have Bernanke and Paulson arrested for treason. Then Congress should make one last collective decision and RESIGN, leaving RP to vote on any other bills :)

lol!

Bman
09-25-2008, 09:53 PM

Good point. Where the hell is our military right now. Oh that's right. Not in America.

Badger Paul
09-25-2008, 10:24 PM
I wouldn't be that cynical Devil21. They do care what the people think, when their jobs are opn the line and they have to contemplate life without being a Congressman and having to go back home and sell insurance. Yes, there are days when lots of phone calls, faxes and emails, do scare them.

devil21
09-25-2008, 10:37 PM
I wouldn't be that cynical Devil21. They do care what the people think, when their jobs are opn the line and they have to contemplate life without being a Congressman and having to go back home and sell insurance. Yes, there are days when lots of phone calls, faxes and emails, do scare them.

I hope you're right. If Palin gets off the hook for the debates over this, Ill always wonder about it.

devil21
09-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Good point. Where the hell is our military right now. Oh that's right. Not in America.

Have no fear! On Oct. 1 you will have your very own active Army military unit with full compliment of "toys" here on US soil to come to your aid. :p

american.swan
09-25-2008, 10:45 PM
It's STALLED due to GOP HOUSE MEMBERS!!!!! GO RON PAUL!!!

nodope0695
09-25-2008, 10:48 PM
It's going to pass. And it's a good thing, in that it will infuriate a few hundred million people, and then MAYBE someone will get some balls and do something.

Amen, brother!!!

fr33domfightr
09-25-2008, 11:15 PM
When I emailed my representative I used someone's statement I found here, then personalized it with my own additional comments.

As a "Renter," I'm having to deal with my rent having been increased by 100% since Jan. 2000, due to this housing bubble. And if I'm paying double what I was paying, you know that money isn't getting spent on the economy. I'm on the West Coast, and many of you are in my same situation. If so, include how this bubble has affected you when you contact with your reps or senators.

I'm not asking for a handout or rent control, but for market corrections to occur. A bailout only prolongs what must happen, a correction. When that happens my rent should reduce automatically as home prices return to the proper market rates. I don't have a problem with anyone making a buck, but what's happened here affects those like me that had nothing to do with the housing bubble.

FF

amonasro
09-25-2008, 11:27 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2008-09-25-bush-candidates-bailout_N.htm

What had seemed like it could be a triumphant moment of bipartisan problem-solving ended with the participants scattering, with no formal announcements and with signs of deep discord. At one point during the meeting, Bush said that without fast action to help the financial industry, "this sucker could go down."

The stakes of the meeting were evident after it broke up, when Democrats were huddled for a post-meeting conference in the White House's Roosevelt Room. Two sources with knowledge of the situation but not allowed to speak of it publicly said there was a knock on the door and Paulson, who helped devise the administration's plan, asked to come in.

Paulson then pleaded with the Democrats not to blow up the deal by criticizing the House Republicans. The Democrats countered that they had been working with Paulson all week amid criticism of the plan from their own party and constituents.

Paulson repeated his plea that they not do anything that would spook the financial markets Friday morning and genuflected (groveled) in front of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.

"I didn't know you were Catholic," the speaker quipped.
Just wow :eek: