PDA

View Full Version : Paulson worried !

itshappening
09-25-2008, 04:12 PM
ABC's George Stephanopoulos Reports: Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson fears the Wall Street bailout deal is falling apart after a chaotic White House meeting, sources say.

Paulson walked into today's the room where Democrats were caucusing during today's meeting at the White House and pleaded with them 'please don't blow this up,' Stephanopoulos reports.

House Financial services Chairman Barney Frank, D-MA, was livid, saying 'Don't say that to us after all we've been through!'

Democrats believe that House Republicans are torpedoeing the framework deal reached in the bipartisan agreement of principles released by the Senate Banking Committee today.

Bruno
09-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Glimmer of hope!!

cska80
09-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Holy shit. Have Republicans found their way? We'll see. Maybe they needed a crisis to wake up and see just how far this government has taken us.

kathy88
09-25-2008, 04:17 PM
This should not be a party issue. This is our fucking future. I cannot stomache one more pundit blaming either party. They are ALL to blame (minus ONE).

itshappening
09-25-2008, 04:17 PM
keep calling!!!!!!!!!!

pacelli
09-25-2008, 04:18 PM
I've got to hand it to them, they really crafted a great script to sell this one.

steph3n
09-25-2008, 04:18 PM
GO GO GO make him cry and weep.

This guy is a slimeball.

cska80
09-25-2008, 04:19 PM
There is going to be a point where they all realize that all the corruption, lies, manipulation and greed will affect them and their own families just as much as ours. Not all of Congress is rich. Governments have always eaten their own and they'll soon recognize that and their situation.

MsDoodahs
09-25-2008, 04:20 PM
They're using SCARE TACTICS more and more.

DO NOT FALL FOR IT FOLKS.

Keep up the PRESSURE!

Drknows
09-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Holy shit. Have Republicans found their way? We'll see. Maybe they needed a crisis to wake up and see just how far this government has taken us.

They will approve it.

its a "Dog and Pony" show. they will pout like they don't want it then at the last minute approve it. They do this all the time.

how much do you wanna bet me?

cska80
09-25-2008, 04:22 PM
They will approve it.

its a "Dog and Pony" show. they will pout like they don't want it then at the last minute approve it. They do this all the time.

how much do you wanna bet me?

I know where you're coming from, but this sounds like more attention is coming to them from this than from the amnesty bill. They did not fall in line for that one, either...and this one is much more important and directly affects their own lives and their families.

socialize_me
09-25-2008, 04:29 PM
LOL I don't agree at all with Barney Franks' positions, but damn, that guy is funny and he's not scared to tell you what's on his mind. That's great...Paulson has to check himself at the door. He thought this was going to be a walk in the park...the arrogance behind Section 8 of that fucking bill...the nerve to propose such a thing and then later say "he wanted to work with Congress"...bullshit