PDA

View Full Version : Woo-hoo, disagreements!

Zera
09-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Looks like there isn't an agreement after all. Let's hope for the best.

mcgraw_wv
09-25-2008, 02:50 PM
On CNN reports that there are plenty of disagreements, and Nancy Pelosi, won't endorse it unless at least 120 Republicans sign up too, which is unlikely... This is all posturing... Only signing something based on number of republicans who sign it is nothing but making sure you don't endorse something that may be used against you later.

constituent
09-25-2008, 02:51 PM
meh, everyone fighting over the scraps.

imo this whole bit was about taking the nation's temperature, and there never was going to be a bailout.

(it's all make believe anyway)

we'll see.

Mahkato
09-25-2008, 03:04 PM
meh, everyone fighting over the scraps.

imo this whole bit was about taking the nation's temperature, and there never was going to be a bailout.

(it's all make believe anyway)

we'll see.

Hmm. So we're all being played right now, eh?

socialize_me
09-25-2008, 03:09 PM
No, I believe these firms are really in trouble. AIG, and insurance company, gets nationalized because of a mortgage crisis?? This is much bigger than what's being reported. We're not being played; it's real. I think we're being played by Congress in the fact that they're reluctant to pass this legislation. The Democrats don't want this coming back on them so they want bipartisan support for it; however, many Congressmen are worried after receiving thousands of phone calls/emails/faxes that if they pass this, it's the end for them. What's keeping these people from voting isn't merely because they understand what will happen, but because they're scared THEY'LL get voted out of office by the voters. They're just concerned with maintaining power. All things are irrelevant unless they get re-elected; that's all they care about.