PDA

View Full Version : Responce to 2755

jkm1864
09-25-2008, 01:44 PM
I wrote my congressman and asked him to support HR 2755 and this is his response ... I think its funny how He responded saying it was introduced by Ron Paul like we didn't know that ........... Please write to Your congressman and ask them to support this also .... Its high time We put the NWO down.....

Dear James:

Thank you for contacting me about H.R. 2755, the Federal Reserve Board Abolition Act. It is good to hear from you.

As you know, H.R. 2755 was introduced on June 15, 2007 by Representative Ron Paul (TX-14). If passed, the bill would abolish the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Federal Reserve banks, and repeal the Federal Reserve Act. Currently the bill is under consideration by the House Committee on Financial Services. Although I do not serve on this committee, rest assured, I will keep your thoughts in mind should this legislation come before me for a vote in the near future.

Again, thank you for contacting me and please continue to keep me informed of the issues affecting you and your family.

Sincerely,

Charles W. Boustany, Jr., M.D.
Member of Congress

Pepsi
09-25-2008, 01:50 PM
From my Congressman Mike Simpson..:rolleyes:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Federal Reserve (Fed). I appreciate hearing from you and having the opportunity to respond.

Founded in 1913, the Fed is responsible for conducting the nation’s monetary policy; supervising and regulating banking institutions and protecting the credit rights of consumers; maintaining the stability of the financial system; and providing certain financial services to the U.S. government, the public, financial institutions, and foreign official institutions.

The Chairmanship of the Fed, a position currently occupied by Ben Bernanke, is not an elected position, but is appointed by the President of United States. The Fed is designed to conduct monetary policy largely insulated from political pressure. President Bush first nominated Bernanke as Fed Chairman in 2006 to replace retiring Chairman Alan Greenspan. As Fed chief, he controls U.S. monetary policy by influencing short-term interest rates and, in turn, the cost of credit to American companies and consumers.

The Fed’s policies have played an important role in safeguarding the prosperity of our economy and making stability a manageable goal. In past years, the Fed’s risk-weighed monetary initiatives under former Chairman Greenspan have proven successful in pulling the American economy from the debts of a gargantuan inflation and keeping it active and growing. More recently, the Fed has taken a number of steps to reduce the impacts of economic slowdown.

While our views of the Fed’s policies may differ, I appreciate your effort to keep me informed of your thoughts. Please continue to keep me informed of other matters of interest to you.

Sincerely,
S
Mike Simpson

RoyalShock
09-25-2008, 01:54 PM
I wonder how long it took an aide to fill in the blanks of a template and send that back?

(Referring to the OP)

billjarrett
09-25-2008, 02:29 PM
How about this one? :) I sent him a 2755/bailout combo

Dear William:

Thank you for writing to share your concerns on the current state of the U.S. economy and the government’s response to the ongoing stress on our financial markets, homeowners, and families.

From Wall Street to Main Street, the U.S. economy is in trouble. We have suffered 600,000 lost jobs since the beginning of this year, over a million families have lost their homes to foreclosure with millions more at risk, and many banks and other financial institutions are struggling to stay afloat. The bailout of investment bank Bear Stearns, the federal takeover of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the collapse of Lehman Brothers, the Federal Reserve’s emergency intervention to save AIG, and the emergency Treasury action to shore up money market mutual funds demonstrate the seriousness of the situation we face.

In response to these concerns, Federal Reserve Chairman Bernanke and Treasury Secretary Paulson have met with congressional leaders to request legislation that would authorize direct intervention in the economy. The plan would grant the Treasury Secretary $700 billion to purchase bad assets from financial institutions. By doing so, the Treasury would inject much needed liquidity into the market and work to rescue the economy from a worsening downturn.

While I agree that urgent and decisive action is necessary during this time of economic turmoil, I will not grant a blank check for billions of taxpayer dollars to the Treasury to bail out banks, with no oversight, accountability, guaranteed help for homeowners, or even assurances that the risky plan will work to the benefit of American workers and taxpayers.

Instead, we must insist upon a plan that includes relief for burdened homeowners, ensures restraints on exorbitant executive salaries, and ensures that the American people share in the upside as Wall Street recovers. It is also critical that the power to spend $700 billion is not left to the discretion of any one person but is instead under the rigorous oversight of an independent and bipartisan board.

Further, we need to move forward on a second emergency economic stimulus plan including tax rebates to help families cope with rising food and gas prices and investments in jobs and relief for state budgets.

In closing, be assured that as this process moves forward I will continue to work for a fast, fair and viable response to our nation’s economic crisis. Again, William, thank you for sharing your comments and concerns with me. Please feel keep in touch on this, or other matters of importance to you.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama
United States Senator

cska80
09-25-2008, 02:38 PM
I have yet to hear back from any of my representatives in Rhode Island nor do I expect to.