PDA

View Full Version : Forget Legislation - Time for LEGAL action!

Created4
09-25-2008, 12:38 PM
I admire Ron Paul and his principles, but I don't think introducing legislation, such as a bill to abolish the Federal Reserve act, is going to accomplish much since it will never reach the floor for a vote. I realize that as a member of Congress this is a relatively inexpensive way he can get his ideas across, but if something is truly unconstitutional, the best way to fight it is in the judicial system.

So if this bailout legislation does pass, those opposing it should have a back-up plan to fight its constitutionality in the courts. A motion for a temporary restraining order should be filed immediately to prevent the treasury from allocating the funds until the law works its way through the judicial process. The media coverage would be astounding, especially during this, an election year.

This is going to take some money and some very good constitutional lawyers, but it should not be all that difficult. Dr. Paul has done a great job in raising money in the past....

RonPaulVolunteer
09-25-2008, 12:42 PM
I admire Ron Paul and his principles, but I don't think introducing legislation, such as a bill to abolish the Federal Reserve act, is going to accomplish much since it will never reach the floor for a vote. I realize that as a member of Congress this is a relatively inexpensive way he can get his ideas across, but if something is truly unconstitutional, the best way to fight it is in the judicial system.

So if this bailout legislation does pass, those opposing it should have a back-up plan to fight its constitutionality in the courts. A motion for a temporary restraining order should be filed immediately to prevent the treasury from allocating the funds until the law works its way through the judicial process. The media coverage would be astounding, especially during this, an election year.

This is going to take some money and some very good constitutional lawyers, but it should not be all that difficult. Dr. Paul has done a great job in raising money in the past....

The courts can't touch it. It's built into the bill.

Johnnybags
09-25-2008, 12:49 PM
or noone would vote for it. The language was supposed to be stricken.