PDA

View Full Version : If you haven't contacted your Senators and Representatives DO SO RIGHT NOW!!!!

libertythor
09-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Yesterday I emailed my congressman and two senators. Today I called their offices.

Those who have not done so get on the ball!

libertythor
09-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Gitter done!

hillertexas
09-25-2008, 12:42 PM
Sent this (some borrowed from "PaulBearerofInjustice") to my Congressman:

Sir, concerning the $700b bailout...

1) until there's a congressional investigation into the legality of these securities they are asking us to buy, the taxpayer is being denied due-diligence and may in fact being asked to buy fraudulent financial instruments, setting another precedent of government sponsored illegal activity.

2) a bailout will further decline the dollar and puts the Treasury at risk of a downgrade by the international community.

3) a month ago Bernanke said the banking system was sound. Now it's in crisis. He's either a liar or a moron.

4) my family cannot afford to give the government any more tax money

Why aren't you guys listening to We the People? You and I both know what the people want. Ignorance of the will of the people is not an excuse. If you vote for this bailout, you are willingly denying the will of your constituents.

Your response to this bailout will either win or lose my vote.

-XXXXXXX XXXX (registered Republican and State delegate)

slacker921
09-25-2008, 12:49 PM
fwiw I called my congressman and left message that if he supports the bailout then I'm not voting for him. .. I had to run out for about 20mins and when I got back there was a message on my answering machine from HIM. Not a pre-recorded message. He said "it's an investment in the future of our country and not a bailout" and talked for a couple of minutes. I wish I'd been here, and I might just call him back and give him a few minutes of my thoughts since he invited me to... then again, it'd be a waste of time.

It's interesting because they're listening and responding to us.. but they'll vote the way they were told to vote.

And, it has to be frustrating for them to see the non-stop propaganda on TV promoting it as something that MUST HAPPEN NOW and yet the polls and the feedback they're getting says the voters aren't buying the BS.

Adrian.Bisson
09-25-2008, 12:51 PM
Yesterday I called Sen. Lugar's office and talked to an aide, but today nobody answered and I had to leave a message.

Sen. Bayh's voicemail was full yesterday so I emailed, and today nobody answered and I left a voicemail.

Everyone should do their part, this is a huge turning point for the future of our country and our entire lifetimes.

Fyretrohl
09-25-2008, 01:00 PM
With all the threads, I can't find the one that lists how to find our reps emails, etc...Help?

TER
09-25-2008, 01:01 PM
http://clerk.house.gov/member_info/mcapdir.html

TER
09-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Bump!

gjvrieze
09-25-2008, 01:54 PM

cayton
09-25-2008, 02:07 PM
Representative Jones:

Obviously, the economic situation in this country has spiraled completely out of control. There are many different opinions about who is responsible for these problems, but to me the answer is obvious: The Federal Government, along with the Federal Reserve, long ago abandoned any sort of responsible economic policy, and very few in office (notable exceptions include Rep. Ron Paul of Texas) seem to care; most don’t seem to even understand or acknowledge that it is a problem. The absurd national debt (growing yearly!) alone is an insult to responsible government.

I urge you, in the strongest language possible, to reject the current $700 billion bailout attempt, or any similar proposals! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! This is legalized robbery, plain and simple, and the fact that the federal government wishes to pass on the consequences of the poor decisions of a few to the taxpayers of this country makes me sick. This is completely unacceptable, un-American, immoral, and wrong.

Taxpayers all throughout your district, state, and country are watching as these historic events unfold. Fiscal Conservatism is my number one concern for this country. I have voted for you in every election that I have been eligible to vote. If you support the proposed bailout package, or anything remotely similar, you will be passing the cost on to me, and I give you my word that I will never cast a vote for you again.

Sincerely;
xxxxxx

SnappleLlama
09-25-2008, 02:09 PM
I just tried to e-mail Dr. Paul to send my thanks, but I can't get through on his Congressional site. It's interesting...are people waking up?

slacker921
09-25-2008, 05:04 PM
fwiw I called my congressman and left message that if he supports the bailout then I'm not voting for him. .. I had to run out for about 20mins and when I got back there was a message on my answering machine from HIM. Not a pre-recorded message. He said "it's an investment in the future of our country and not a bailout" and talked for a couple of minutes. I wish I'd been here, and I might just call him back and give him a few minutes of my thoughts since he invited me to... then again, it'd be a waste of time.

It's interesting because they're listening and responding to us.. but they'll vote the way they were told to vote.

And, it has to be frustrating for them to see the non-stop propaganda on TV promoting it as something that MUST HAPPEN NOW and yet the polls and the feedback they're getting says the voters aren't buying the BS.

ok, to show how critical the Congress members see this.. .. my congressman CALLED ME BACK this evening.. and talked for about 10 minutes. He needs the votes but it's still pretty impressive that he'd take the time to call me and talk.

I let him know how I feel.. and he seemed to indicate he wouldn't support a bailout.. we'll see how he votes when the time comes.