PDA

View Full Version : I asked an congressman's assistant what the majority of callers were saying...

vegaspilot03
09-25-2008, 11:09 AM
He said, almost every single call that they had received in the past few days disapproved of the Bailout.

Well, Looks like we're not alone.:)

jabrownie
09-25-2008, 11:11 AM
The lady who I spoke with at Senator Sharrod Brown's office told me the same thing. Sadly, though, I'll be surprised if they don't force something through despite the public opposition...then again, I may just be jaded. Guess I'll just have to call them all again. :-P

jkm1864
09-25-2008, 11:50 AM
I talked to my congress man and his aid said the majority of the callers were not happy. Only a few of the ones that called were in favor of the bail out. I am saddened because this will pass and they will not listen to anything we have to say.

enjerth
09-25-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm with the person calling for a general strike if they pass it. Demand them to recall it.

Indy Vidual
09-25-2008, 11:56 AM
The bailout is for the greater good.
We must all come together as patriotic North Americans. :rolleyes:

HOLLYWOOD
09-25-2008, 12:00 PM

"It's for the GREATER GOOD"

Didn't STALIN say that exact same thing?

PS: I haven't met one single person, Work, Bar, Neighbor that is for this BAILOUT!

I NOW hear... NANCY PELOSI is going to BRIBE Americans with a COMPENSATION PACKAGE (STIMULUS II) to get Americans to approve of the BAILOUT!

UNBELIEVEABLE!

Indy Vidual
09-25-2008, 12:05 PM
"It's for the GREATER GOOD"

Didn't STALIN say that exact same thing?

Yes, or very similar.

PS: I haven't met one single person, Work, Bar, Neighbor that is for this BAILOUT!

I NOW hear... NANCY PELOSI is going to BRIBE Americans with a COMPENSATION PACKAGE (STIMULUS II) to get Americans to approve of the BAILOUT!

UNBELIEVEABLE!Things are moving quickly now.
I need to look at the gov bond markets.
Who would even consider buying our bonds now?
They need new 'money' (from other countries) to pay the interest on the older bonds, right??

jbuttell
09-25-2008, 12:13 PM

Yes! For the preservation of the nation! For humanity! The selfish demands of the individual are outweighed by the needs of the collective, faceless organism known as the human race!

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Your satirical rant inspired me. :mad:

ihsv
09-25-2008, 12:23 PM
Congress doesn't work for us. They work for our collective leash-holders. They will do what the masters want.

surf
09-25-2008, 12:24 PM
overwhelming majority of calls to Senator Patty Murray are opposed to this Paulson/Bernanke clusterf#ck - according to the aide i spoke with. She mentioned that most callers had extensive reasoning, so i kept my request simple.

humanic
09-25-2008, 12:35 PM
I asked the girl who answered at my congressman's office if a lot of people have been calling about the bailout and she said "yes" in a tone that sounded to me like "please make it stop :("

Razorback Fan
09-25-2008, 12:55 PM

:D

Matt Collins
09-25-2008, 06:30 PM
According to ABC News (we all know how much we can trust them, right?) the ratio of disapproving calls to approving calls into Congressional offices is 100:1.

afmatt
09-25-2008, 06:35 PM
I asked the girl who answered at my congressman's office if a lot of people have been calling about the bailout and she said "yes" in a tone that sounded to me like "please make it stop :("

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen! :D

HOLLYWOOD
09-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Yes, or very similar.

Things are moving quickly now.
I need to look at the gov bond markets.
Who would even consider buying our bonds now?
They need new 'money' (from other countries) to pay the interest on the older bonds, right??

YES!

That's why you ALWAYS vote down any BOND government politicians want to pass.

Both Nevada and California are in BIG BUDGET deficits due to BONDs and INFLATION... that, they, (the government) created...

they do it for a purpose... Higher INFLATION, HIGHER COSTS, HIGHER TAX REVENUES...

but they all pushed their schemes WAY TOO FAR! Now, after Bilking US Taxpayers with the INFLATION TAX on Food, FUEL, Real Estate, BONDS, etc they want us to BAIL them ALL OUT.

NO BAILOUTS! Period!

This has been a PSA ;)

scandinaviany3
09-25-2008, 10:42 PM
overwhelming majority of calls to Senator Patty Murray are opposed to this Paulson/Bernanke clusterf#ck - according to the aide i spoke with. She mentioned that most callers had extensive reasoning, so i kept my request simple.

wow...interesting...

So i hear chuck baldwin is coming to our area on october 19/20th

we need to fan the flame given this treachery

Bruno
09-25-2008, 11:09 PM
I hope this is the most calls those members of Congress have ever received from their constituents.

Matt Collins
09-26-2008, 08:07 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/TurdPolish.gif