PDA

View Full Version : Will This Forum Go Down Again?

michaelwise
09-05-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm concerned about the increased activity tonight, causing another hard drive crash. Has the server been upgraded?

constituent
09-05-2007, 05:57 PM
michaelwise-

seekliberty has created an excellent forum that can be found
by clicking on the link in my signature. if this one goes down
you could probably head over there... if memory serves, someone who
also posts here has begun a fox thread over there.

axiomata
09-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Perhaps the best bet would be to settle on a chat room to occupy during the debate.

Cowlesy
09-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Anyone still have America Online the actual program?

I'm wondering if they still have the chatroom "From the Right"

I know AOL the actual program is now free, I'm going to try and redownload it and see if I can find that room. It used to be the main republican chatroom

quickmike
09-05-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm concerned about the increased activity tonight, causing another hard drive crash. Has the server been upgraded?

Well, assuming he didnt use a cheap ass Seagate HD, we shouldnt have that problem again.;)

quickmike
09-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Anyone still have America Online the actual program?

I'm wondering if they still have the chatroom "From the Right"

I know AOL the actual program is now free, I'm going to try and redownload it and see if I can find that room. It used to be the main republican chatroom

I refuse to touch anything AOL

Never have, never will LOL

constituent
09-05-2007, 06:10 PM
oh yeah.. another great forum that could use some love can be found at

ronpaulnation.com you can also check out the great videos at freeme.tv

Cowlesy
09-05-2007, 06:10 PM
I refuse to touch anything AOL

Never have, never will LOL

I bought AOL stock (prior to Time Warner) in 1997 and sold it in 1999. Needless to say when I was 16 and totaled the Ford Explorer my dad bought me for my birthday 30 days later, I was able to buy a new one when I graduated thanks to that stock haha

Yeah yeah spoiled brat, but a bad-ass stock picker for a 16yr old back in the day.

billm317
09-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Well, assuming he didnt use a cheap ass Seagate HD, we shouldnt have that problem again.;)

this forum wasn't running on a machine with drives in a RAID array? a hard drive crash shouldn't bring down a server

Razmear
09-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Perhaps the best bet would be to settle on a chat room to occupy during the debate.

I have an IRC applet at http://RP4.US that taps into the #RonPaul IRC channel.
Hit the RP Live tab to find it.

There are also forums linked from the site should this forum ever explode again.

eb

LibertyEagle
09-05-2007, 06:14 PM

MrChubbs has already set one up on paltalk. He announced it earlier. I'm not sure where the thread is now. I'll see if I can find it and bump it.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=15660&highlight=paltalk

michaelwise
09-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Well, assuming he didnt use a cheap ass Seagate HD, we shouldnt have that problem again.;) I upgraded to a 300gig Seagate about a year ago. I didn't know they were prone to failure. Perhaps I should think about backing it up once in a while.

Bryan
09-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Looks like we might be stress testing the server tonight... :D

Seriously, it should be good but if it goes down Josh will get an earful. :)

No AOL over here... Love freeme.tv

Bryan
09-05-2007, 06:17 PM
this forum wasn't running on a machine with drives in a RAID array? a hard drive crash shouldn't bring down a server
Roger that. I've been after Josh on this... and more. :o

quickmike
09-05-2007, 06:19 PM
I bought AOL stock (prior to Time Warner) in 1997 and sold it in 1999. Needless to say when I was 16 and totaled the Ford Explorer my dad bought me for my birthday 30 days later, I was able to buy a new one when I graduated thanks to that stock haha

Yeah yeah spoiled brat, but a bad-ass stock picker for a 16yr old back in the day.

Awesome................... I guess AOL is good for something at least.

I did the same thing with EBAY when they went public. Bought 500 dollars worth of shares at 18 and sold at 220............ I was late selling or could have been alot more when it peaked 2 weeks before I sold. still not bad.

billm317
09-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Roger that. I've been after Josh on this... and more. :o

well if he wants it on a server that won't go down, i can probably help
i think that's been suggested before, so i guess he doesn't want that

quickmike
09-05-2007, 06:32 PM
I upgraded to a 300gig Seagate about a year ago. I didn't know they were prone to failure. Perhaps I should think about backing it up once in a while.

Well, half of what I say is BS and the other half im usually joking, but in the past ive had nothing but bad experience with Seagate hard drives over the long haul. Maybe they got their s--t together here lately though. I havent used one for about 4 years so the quality might have gone up since then.

Didnt meant to freak you out or anything........... just maybe back it up just in case:eek:

JoshLowry
09-05-2007, 06:41 PM
I hope it doesn't go down but we can always fix it again.

For back ups:

www.ronpaulforum.com (http://www.ronpaulforum.com)
www.ronpaulfreedomforums.com
(http://www.ronpaulfreedomforums.com)
See ya'll after the debate!