PDA

View Full Version : Just woke up - What's happening with the bailout?

Menthol Patch
09-25-2008, 09:29 AM
Hello Everyone,

I just woke up. Can anyone tell me what's happening with the bailout?

ItsTime
09-25-2008, 09:30 AM
vote today or tomorrow. call/write/fax your congressperson

mcgraw_wv
They are going to pass it, they all got together and made sure the money gets spread around to all their special interests, and barney frank says they have enough votes ( ie: we bribed enough people ) to get this passed...

The people DO NOT WANT THIS...

Which means this is nothing but "Taxation without representation"!!!!

Time to revolt.

MRoCkEd
Apparently they have reached a "deal." They will approve it today or tomorrow

rajibo
You didn't hear, the market crashed.:(

Bah, too late.

Bruno
Lots of backlash. One congressman had calls 330 against, only 2 for it.
Somehow, it will still pass.

Menthol Patch
09-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Lots of backlash. One congressman had calls 330 against, only 2 for it.
Somehow, it will still pass.

Thats insane! This thing MUST NOT PASS!

Menthol Patch
09-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the update everyone!

Sarge
09-25-2008, 09:38 AM
Listening to CNN and two rep's on. Emails running heavy against bailout.

I think these people are really worried now. They were talking about moratorium on capital gains tax instead.

The NO calls need to shift into tidal wave today.

QueenB4Liberty
09-25-2008, 09:40 AM
No one picks up when I call! it's either busy or keeps ringing. I've already emailed them all.

Bruno
09-25-2008, 09:43 AM
You didn't hear, the market crashed.:(

Bah, too late.

what market? Dow is up 215 . gold is down $15

Bruno
09-25-2008, 09:44 AM
Listening to CNN and two rep's on. Emails running heavy against bailout.

I think these people are really worried now. They were talking about moratorium on capital gains tax instead.

The NO calls need to shift into tidal wave today.

Now they are talking about adding a stimulus package to pass the bailout. This is the way to buy out the public. Everyone gets a check, everyone is happy.

tropicangela
09-25-2008, 09:46 AM
Now they are talking about adding a stimulus package to pass the bailout. This is the way to buy out the public. Everyone gets a check, everyone is happy.

Because the last stimulus checks did so much for the economy. :rolleyes:

QueenB4Liberty
09-25-2008, 09:46 AM

Ugh fuck that shit. I won't get a stimulus package, not that I want one anyhow. I work for my money. Those idiots though, they fucking sent my DEAD grandfather a stimulus check. Seriously? Yes.

tropicangela
09-25-2008, 09:50 AM
I just heard on the news that the Pres isn't interested in a stimulus package but Pelosi was going to bring it up at the meeting?

rajibo
09-25-2008, 09:50 AM
what market? Dow is up 215 . gold is down $15

It was supposed to be a joke. He said "I just woke up, what's going on" and I said, "what you didn't hear, the market crashed". But I wasn't the first reply and it failed miserably.:o

Oh well. Sometimes I gotta rethink hitting that submit button.

Indy Vidual
09-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Thats insane! This thing MUST NOT PASS!
Yahoo! makes it sound like it's going to pass. :(
That's the only place I checked.

Bruno
09-25-2008, 09:53 AM
It was supposed to be a joke. He said "I just woke up, what's going on" and I said, "what you didn't hear, the market crashed". But I wasn't the first reply and it failed miserably.:o

Oh well. Sometimes I gotta rethink hitting that submit button.

lol. sorry, thought he was cereal. :D

I just heard on the news that the Pres isn't interested in a stimulus package but Pelosi was going to bring it up at the meeting?

Of course he's not. It is an idea from the Dems, which they need to pass it since so many Republicans are against it (ironically, considering it is Bush's plan).
Right now everyone is trying to throw more money into the bucket to pacify their outraged constituents, imho.

RoyalShock
09-25-2008, 09:55 AM
Congress is just going off the assumption that the general public doesn't have a clue and it's all just emotional reaction.

They created a problem and of course, they are the solution.

I've come down in a gray area.

1. Try to salvage as many of the mortages as make sense.

2. Once #1 is done, partial bailout. Everyone has to feel some of the pain as we are all responsible in some fashion. (Hey, we the people put most of those turkeys in office and kept them there)

3. Clean House (and Senate) and metaphorically shoot the turkeys.

4. Get new turkeys in there on the mandate to reform and ensure this doesn't happen again.

But it won't happen.

Sarge
09-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Ditto. No more stimulus package. They just did one for 25 B to the auto dealers yesterday.

Dr. Paul and others need to make sure there is a role call vote on this one for sure. We need to know who is voting for any bailout and bail them out of office.

I would not put it past them trying to avoid showing how all vote.

qh4dotcom
09-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Since I don't trust politicians to do the right thing, I am not even going to waste my time contacting them, especially when there is no guarantee that they personally will even hear and consider what I have to say instead of their staff.

Just like my vote is too insignificant to decide the outcome of an election....my telephone call, fax or e-mail is too insignificant to influence my Congressman or Senator.

Bruno
09-25-2008, 10:00 AM
Since I don't trust politicians to do the right thing, I am not even going to waste my time contacting them, especially when there is no guarantee that they personally will even hear and consider what I have to say instead of their staff.

Just like my vote is too insignificant to decide the outcome of an election....my telephone call, fax or e-mail is too insignificant to influence my Congressman or Senator.

Well, those phone calls, letters and faxes at least have made the news for the past three days. It has gotten the attention of many of the lawmakers, that's for sure.

QueenB4Liberty
09-25-2008, 10:01 AM

Wow I'm so glad I have more confidence than that.