PDA

View Full Version : The Bush speech...if we lived in a free country.

cska80
09-25-2008, 08:59 AM
Good evening, fellow Americans. Our country is standing at the precipice of an abyss. We've been lead here not by free markets but by government intervention. We've been lead here not by unbridled capitalism but by the unintended consequences of good intentions. Both political parties reveled in the glory of unprecidented home ownership in our country. We should always want the American dream to be available to all Americans, but our mistake was giving that dream away. The American tax payers should not be the ones to pay the price for the mistakes of government intervention, Wall Street greed, and poor choices on the part of some Americans who could not afford loans they got themselves into.

I have heard the voice of the American people. My fellow Americans, you do not want this bail out and I will not ask of it you again. I am now calling on Congress to listen to the American people as well. I'm calling on Congress to help my administration lead us down a path of new properity. My new proposal is to create new wealth in Wall Street and Main Street, rather than the redistribution of that wealth through inflation or borrowing. I will be proposing cutting coporate and capital gains taxes in half to give incentives for new business and jobs in our economy. I will be proposing an end to the income tax and implimenting the fair tax. I will be proposing an immediate implimentation of a new energy bill that will allow us access to our own resources here at home for rebuilding our economy. We will start a path towards reducing government spending in the years to come. We will put an end to monitizing our debt and borrowing to increase it by living within our means.

I know there will be much opposition to these proposals in Washington. That is why I'm giving this address tonight. I need you, the people of American, to contact your representatives and demand to be allowed to work for our prosperity and not have it printed or borrowed. We now see the consequences of too much money being allowed to float to Washington for pet projects and good intentions. Now it's time to return the wealth of America back to the American people. I know I am not the most popular president in history, but please help me help you. I know that a dollar in the pocket of the regular Joe is better than a dollar in the pockets of politicians in Washington. Freedom and liberty built this country into the greatest most free country in the history of mankind. Let us remove our shackles of oppression once more to show the world that we are indeed a leader for the rest of humanity.

Thank you and God bless America.