PDA

View Full Version : PatriotUprising.com---->Brainstorm

constituent
09-25-2008, 07:09 AM
Thor mentioned that he purchased the domain PatriotUprising.com, and so i'm starting this thread to see about getting some ideas tossed around. I'm working on coffee and breakfast atm, but will be back later to expand on a few ideas kickin' around my head.

In the meanwhile, if you've got any ideas about what you'd like to see, things you don't like about the other site and suggestions for new approaches, please list those here.

ronpaulforprez2008
09-25-2008, 08:41 AM
Thor mentioned that he purchased the domain PatriotUprising.com, and so i'm starting this thread to see about getting some ideas tossed around. I'm working on coffee and breakfast atm, but will be back later to expand on a few ideas kickin' around my head.

In the meanwhile, if you've got any ideas about what you'd like to see, things you don't like about the other site and suggestions for new approaches, please list those here.

So much better. This can be used to convey so much positive imagery that everyone can get behind.

It then can be out upgrading the Republic, becoming a more economically fair and prosperous nation for ALL. Focus can be how to modify the system to benefit everyone. We become even a stronger model for other nations to follow. We've always had the best system, the one that everyone looked up to, but we faltered, we lost our way, but like always, we got ahold of ourselves and turned things around and came out stronger and better then before.

This can really be developed into something wonderful and positive. I like it.

ItsTime
09-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Glad to see this one getting done too. I think just have it be the same idea as Slave Uprising. White bracelet/armband.

constituent
09-25-2008, 09:04 AM
here is a preliminary background image.

http://i33.tinypic.com/169ndrp.jpg

not sure about the font, some different color effects on the text would also be great

might move the red, white, blue and text down a little on the page...

if the domain owner comes along and likes it, i'll begin adding content boxes and what not.

your input would be appreciated.

Thor
09-25-2008, 09:32 AM
I am not trying to stir the pot with PatriotUprising.

I think the slaveuprising it is an awesome concept any way you slice it. And I do think the name slaveuprising nails it on the head in concept of what it is, but I think from a marketing and public acceptance perspective, it has some hurdles. It is dark, negative and hostile a little bit.

I think patriotuprising has better imagery to those outside the box that want to learn more. A more positive image right off the bat.

The message is 100% the same. We are patriots that are tired of being slaves to the system, and we are uniting as a force together. And we can identify ourselves with the wristbands to see how many of us there are, unified. Patriots just the same as our founding fathers were patriots. (And not the bastardized "Patriot" as tied to the Patriot Act)

If the focus stays on SlaveUprising, I am fine with it. However, I personally think something with a positive image will go a little further. And I am not so sure about parallel efforts with different names for the same cause. Might create confusion to those we are trying to educate, but if others think it is ok, I am fine with it.

Thor
09-25-2008, 09:40 AM

not sure about the font, some different color effects on the text would also be great

might move the red, white, blue and text down a little on the page...

if the domain owner comes along and likes it, i'll begin adding content boxes and what not.

your input would be appreciated.

Good start. I would think maybe putting the letters in a dark gold (like #F9A400) with some depth (shadow and or bevel maybe) and for sure a different font like copperplate bold or haettenshweiler or something. Also the feathering around the left and right sides of the flag (which is an awesome graphic BTW) needs to be better, but overall it is great.

I think it is more positive than the black / dark imagery.

constituent
09-25-2008, 10:02 AM
Good start. I would think maybe putting the letters in a dark gold (like #F9A400) with some depth (shadow and or bevel maybe) and for sure a different font like copperplate bold or haettenshweiler or something. Also the feathering around the left and right sides of the flag (which is an awesome graphic BTW) needs to be better, but overall it is great.

I think it is more positive than the black / dark imagery.

Great, I'll get to work on that momentarily (i'm currently working on the non-aggression pact for slaveuprising.com), what kind of content boxes would you like to see?

Do you have GIMP or Photoshop so that we can start exchanging ideas in project formats?

I'd really like to see how you visualize the page!

Thor
09-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Great, I'll get to work on that momentarily (i'm currently working on the non-aggression pact for slaveuprising.com), what kind of content boxes would you like to see?

Do you have GIMP or Photoshop so that we can start exchanging ideas in project formats?

I'd really like to see how you visualize the page!

I have Photoshop 7. And if the gold does not look good, then maybe a reverse bevel on the semi transparent text like you have might work too... so it looks like an indent. Not sure....

I am 100% open on content boxes. I have not given the site a lot of thought past the name to be 100% honest. I think the general message on slaveuprising is pretty good all and all. Some dark blue bordered boxes along the right with the wristband inside one maybe with a join button below it, and maybe a borderless main section with the welcome / summary... not sure. I usually build on the fly, sometimes with photoshop mockups beforehand, that change a million times while I am designing it, but sometimes just doing it in HTML is just as fast with all the changes. :-)

constituent
09-25-2008, 10:22 AM
I have Photoshop 7. And if the gold does not look good, then maybe a reverse bevel on the semi transparent text like you have might work too... so it looks like an indent. Not sure....

I am 100% open on content boxes. I have not given the site a lot of thought past the name to be 100% honest. I think the general message on slaveuprising is pretty good all and all. Some dark blue bordered boxes along the right with the wristband inside one maybe with a join button below it, and maybe a borderless main section with the welcome / summary... not sure. I usually build on the fly, sometimes with photoshop mockups beforehand, that change a million times while I am designing it, but sometimes just doing it in HTML is just as fast with all the changes. :-)

I use HAML and SASS, but will run to half priced books later today to find a HTML/CSS quick ref so we can start getting this puppy done.

Anything we design in Photoshop or GIMP is mega easy to switch over.

Can Photoshop open .XCF files? If so, I'll send this one over to ya.

Thor
09-25-2008, 10:35 AM
I use HAML and SASS, but will run to half priced books later today to find a HTML/CSS quick ref so we can start getting this puppy done.

Anything we design in Photoshop or GIMP is mega easy to switch over.

Can Photoshop open .XCF files? If so, I'll send this one over to ya.

I did not see XCF in the file formats for photoshop 7 at least. Can gimp save as .PSD? (Photoshop 7 is a few years old)

Otherwise, just the flag itself as a jpg or png or whatever and I will mock it up on my end, but would be nice to share back and forth

constituent
09-25-2008, 11:35 AM
I did not see XCF in the file formats for photoshop 7 at least. Can gimp save as .PSD? (Photoshop 7 is a few years old)

Otherwise, just the flag itself as a jpg or png or whatever and I will mock it up on my end, but would be nice to share back and forth

Alright, checked, and i sure can.

Know of any free file hosting anywhere? Do you have an ftp setup for your site?

constituent
09-25-2008, 11:47 AM
here's another:
i was being lazy w/ it and it shows, but if you like the color scheme better, i'll make a solid copy... even if just the flag...

lemme know.

http://i33.tinypic.com/uxzq9.jpg

Bman
09-25-2008, 11:59 AM

How about using the "uprising" as a level, or area of involvement status. In this manner we can be more concise as to who is paying attention to what.

constituent
09-25-2008, 12:00 PM
How about using the "uprising" as a level, or area of involvement status. In this manner we can be more concise as to who is paying attention to what.

i'm confused.

Bman
09-25-2008, 12:06 PM
i'm confused.

What I'm saying is there is Slaveuprising and now Patriotuprising. Uprising should be the brand. And the varying first names should have a very particular focus.

constituent
09-25-2008, 12:15 PM
What I'm saying is there is Slaveuprising and now Patriotuprising. Uprising should be the brand. And the varying first names should have a very particular focus.

agreed.

wanna help draft some content?

we'll need a homepage and about page at a minimum.

Bman
09-25-2008, 12:32 PM
agreed.

wanna help draft some content?

we'll need a homepage and about page at a minimum.

Off to work at the moment but I'd love to help. I have some flash ability and HTML. I'll get back on later tonight.

muzzled dogg
09-25-2008, 06:20 PM
isn't that a french flag?

ItsTime
09-25-2008, 06:27 PM

thats what I thought when I first saw it.... I know its not but that is what came to mind. French is the reverse of that.

constituent
09-25-2008, 07:24 PM

meh, they both represent tyranny to me.

(however, i do know that not everyone agrees, and i'm more than willing to play off patriotism if it makes people feel good)

Bman
09-25-2008, 09:47 PM
ok I'm horrible at this type of stuff. But I also know in web design one of the hardest things to do is to start saying something. So this isn't much but I was thinking it's at least a start. Tell me if I'm doing anything relevant here.

"In times when few men have grown too powerful, and their goals have turned to self interest. The people who strive for peace and prosperity become irrelevant. Their words fall on deaf ears. Their lives and families are made to suffer under the tyranny of the men who would just as soon treat them as animals.

In such times a call must go out. The people who strive for peace and prosperity must shed their skin. They must heed the call. They must become defenders against the evil men that wish to reproach their existence. They must stand up for justice. They must become Patriots."

Dequeant
09-25-2008, 10:12 PM
What i would like to see is a site hosted outside the U.S. whose sole purpose is to unite people tired of pointless protests. Those who are ready to actually go out and DO something besides picket.

I don't mean a place to organize violent acts by any means, but a place for those who are willing to do so to lay out a purpose and organize.

Such as a mission statement.......possibly a proposed amendment to the constitution or a series of bills/acts we want to see reversed.

CGeoffrion
09-26-2008, 12:13 AM
I like this name a lot better. I've picked up a part time job at a Citgo in my hometown and I've been rocking the white armband the past two days. A lot of regular customers I've converted to RP supporters, but seemed somewhat turned off to the white armbands when I mentioned "slaveuprising.com". And the thing is, I know most of them would probably be behind it, but the name makes it easy for people to excuse it as a crazy fringe thing.

I completely understand the slave uprising name's intentions, but I also feel with a milder tone to it such as patriot uprising, it will be easier to get people to support it. Has Adam said anything about the name change idea, I would really hate to try to change it unless was behind it.

constituent
09-26-2008, 06:16 AM
I like this name a lot better. I've picked up a part time job at a Citgo in my hometown and I've been rocking the white armband the past two days. A lot of regular customers I've converted to RP supporters, but seemed somewhat turned off to the white armbands when I mentioned "slaveuprising.com". And the thing is, I know most of them would probably be behind it, but the name makes it easy for people to excuse it as a crazy fringe thing.

I completely understand the slave uprising name's intentions, but I also feel with a milder tone to it such as patriot uprising, it will be easier to get people to support it. Has Adam said anything about the name change idea, I would really hate to try to change it unless was behind it.

It's not a name change, it's an additional name.

This isn't any person's project (not sure where that notion came from or how it got started), so you're free to call it anything you like.

tggroo7
09-26-2008, 07:06 AM
excellent idea guys! I wasn't really liking the "slaveuprising" idea but this one is perfect. And I also think holding onto a little of the slave idea with the white armband is great. It's not like we are out in the open calling ourselves slaves, but rather it's more like a hidden sign that only we really understand.

Hope you guys stick with those two keys.

rwbris18
09-26-2008, 08:24 AM
here's another:
i was being lazy w/ it and it shows, but if you like the color scheme better, i'll make a solid copy... even if just the flag...

lemme know.

http://i33.tinypic.com/uxzq9.jpg

I like the image, however, I would change it as follows: move the colors to encapsulate the words to that the words make sense. i.e., Patriot/uprising/.com

constituent
09-26-2008, 02:18 PM
bump for content.

tggroo7
09-28-2008, 09:38 AM
How is this coming? I think you should just have basically everything from the slaveuprising idea, especially the white armband idea. I like pretty much everything about slaveuprising except for the name, patriotuprising is a good one though.

constituent
09-28-2008, 10:58 AM
This project needs some help getting off of the ground.

If you are capable of hosting a site/building on the existing foundation, please contact user "Thor" here at RonPaulForums.

Thx

Thor
09-28-2008, 10:58 AM
How is this coming? I think you should just have basically everything from the slaveuprising idea, especially the white armband idea. I like pretty much everything about slaveuprising except for the name, patriotuprising is a good one though.

I have the domain name secured, have a preliminary home page design, but I am way too busy to take on another project. I was only suggesting an alternative name, not raising my hand to do the project. If someone wants the artwork I have and wants to host it and build it, I can get you the files and point the nameserver where ever you tell me. Interested people can PM me...

constituent
09-28-2008, 11:01 AM
here is what's been put together so far:

http://i37.tinypic.com/1z65q8h.jpg

ItsTime
09-28-2008, 11:12 AM
are you going to link patriotuprising forums and all that with the SU site? I think you would. But its not my project. I really want to promote this site.

constituent
09-28-2008, 11:13 AM
But its not my project. I really want to promote this site.

It is if you want it to be.

constituent
09-28-2008, 03:32 PM
bump.

sidster
09-28-2008, 03:36 PM

France?

constituent
09-28-2008, 03:37 PM
France?

maybe inside-out and backwards?

http://www.appliedlanguage.com/flags_of_the_world/large_flag_of_french_guiana.gif

Josh_LA
09-28-2008, 03:37 PM
patriot = cliche
what's a patriot ?
Somebody that votes Republican? Somebody who thinks 9/11 was an inside job? Somebody that loves God more than government? Somebody who believes freedom is more important than loyalty? Somebody who hates Jews or Mexicans or Muslims?

ItsTime
09-28-2008, 03:39 PM
It is if you want it to be.

Who has the domain? I have a shared server for it. My dedicated is tied up at the moment.

constituent
09-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Who has the domain? I have a shared server for it. My dedicated is tied up at the moment.

username thor, great guy (busy w/ the little one... i know how that goes, keep pluggin' away thor it gets more rewarding everyday), eager to get this thing going.

ItsTime
09-28-2008, 03:53 PM
username thor, great guy (busy w/ the little one... i know how that goes, keep pluggin' away thor it gets more rewarding everyday), eager to get this thing going.

Thanks just contacted him.

Should we put "sister site of SlaveUprising.com" Is that ok with Josh? Also is it alright to link the forum links to SlaveUprising?

Maybe a place to put a pledge counter?

Those are just a few ideas I came up with off the top of my head.

constituent
09-28-2008, 03:57 PM

Should we put "sister site of SlaveUprising.com" Is that ok with Josh? Also is it alright to link the forum links to SlaveUprising?

Run with it man. Josh has been encouraging linking anything you'd like, and mentioning of slave uprising anywhere (and to the degree) that you'd like, assuming Thor agrees.

I think a pledge counter is probably a good idea, though i don't believe that one will be incorporated into slave uprising. Patriot uprising will be a domain that, imo, will attract a different audience, more comfortable w/ inputing their private data.

I'd love to see some numbers though, it's been exciting w/out 'em, but i know that counters and things of that nature get people pumped.

ItsTime
09-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Run with it man. Josh has been encouraging linking anything you'd like, and mentioning of slave uprising anywhere (and to the degree) that you'd like, assuming Thor agrees.

I think a pledge counter is probably a good idea, though i don't believe that one will be incorporated into slave uprising. Patriot uprising will be a domain that, imo, will attract a different audience, more comfortable w/ inputing their private data.

I'd love to see some numbers though, it's been exciting w/out 'em, but i know that counters and things of that nature get people pumped.

Sounds good. If thor does not want me to do it thats fine. No hard feelings. I know I have an hard edge to me when it comes to this forum.

JoshLowry
09-28-2008, 04:02 PM

Fine by me! I'll add "Sister site of PatriotUprising.com" in our footer if you get a site up. :)

constituent
09-28-2008, 04:04 PM
//

ClockwiseSpark
09-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Fine by me! I'll add "Sister site of PatriotUprising.com" in our footer if you get a site up. :)

I may have another "sister site" for you in a couple of days. I'll let you know.

constituent
09-29-2008, 06:10 AM
bump for DFF, we need your input.