PDA

View Full Version : What to do after SC Debate

ChicagoLawyer
05-15-2007, 10:38 PM
After tonight's truth-letting by Dr. Paul, his anti-war stance (and sane stance on foreign policy in general) is out in the open. Further, in addition to hard-core Republican voters, many people, independents and Dems, will know about his Rudy mix-up when those clips are shown on the nightly news, This Week, Meet the Press, etc., later this week.

In fact, the tussle with Rudy is an amazing opportunity we need to seize in the weeks and months ahead. Galvanizing libertarians, independents, and even some Dems, plus anti-war folk in general, to vote for Ron in the primaries will be easier now. The toughest critics will come from the neocons, but that's a fight I'd love to engage in. I don't think we should be pushing for third party talk. I think we should seize the opportunity to have Ron in the primaries of one of the two major parties and get everyone we can to participate.

I open this thread to ask how can we do that? Some great things have been said on this board about reaching out at local Republican events, but what are other events/groups we can engage with? How can we seize the reaction from tonight and keep it going all the way through the primaries?

cujothekitten
05-15-2007, 10:53 PM
After tonight's truth-letting by Dr. Paul, his anti-war stance (and sane stance on foreign policy in general) is out in the open. Further, in addition to hard-core Republican voters, many people, independents and Dems, will know about his Rudy mix-up when those clips are shown on the nightly news, This Week, Meet the Press, etc., later this week.

In fact, the tussle with Rudy is an amazing opportunity we need to seize in the weeks and months ahead. Galvanizing libertarians, independents, and even some Dems, plus anti-war folk in general, to vote for Ron in the primaries will be easier now. The toughest critics will come from the neocons, but that's a fight I'd love to engage in. I don't think we should be pushing for third party talk. I think we should seize the opportunity to have Ron in the primaries of one of the two major parties and get everyone we can to participate.

I open this thread to ask how can we do that? Some great things have been said on this board about reaching out at local Republican events, but what are other events/groups we can engage with? How can we seize the reaction from tonight and keep it going all the way through the primaries?

Rudy is delusional and basically supporting Bushes talking points. I'm actually shocked that he doesn't at least partly agree. Do any of these guys actually study the history or our nation? Do they listen to the CIA? Everyone knows that's why they attacked us; it was moronic to say otherwise.

Reach out to liberal groups as well. It’s a double win if you can turn a liberal into a real conservative and with Ron Paul it’s not that hard.

qednick
05-15-2007, 10:54 PM
It is a great opportunity for sure. Though I suspect the MSM will "edit" their clips to ridicule RP. The thing is, the American public are "wising up" to all the bullshit. The more they try to ignore him - even though he comes out on top in the polls - the more it makes people wonder why and who he is and what he's about.

Looking through Digg, etc. I see there's a few people putting him down at every opportunity too. I suspect these people are IRS employees who are worried about their jobs. :D

JoshLowry
05-15-2007, 11:30 PM
Keep reading and exchanging ideas on this forum.

Organize demonstrations with the people in your city. Make signs, go hold them up somewhere, pass out cards with his points on them.

Spread Ron Paul's platform to everyone on your street, in your office, and at the golf course.

If you would like to memorize a few things, here are a few good talking points:

He's never voted to raise taxes.
He's never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He promises to never abuse Habeas Corpus
He is pro-privacy.
He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war (NOTE: Paul is the ONLY Republican candidate to vote against Iraq.)You may want to remind them Ron Paul wants to:

Bring our troops home from Iraq & end the war
Secure our borders from terrorism
Stop illegal immigration & no amnesty for illegal immigrants (Unlike others who want to reward the law breakers.)
Get rid of the IRS for fairer taxes for you
Limit big government in your private affairs & lives
Trusts the internet over the mainstream mediaStuff like that. ;)

thuja
05-16-2007, 12:17 AM
i think he introduced, along with a few others, HR2117, which would prevent FDA and FTC from censoring truthful health claims and reports on the benefits of food supplements. So, tell all the health people about this.

Brandybuck
05-16-2007, 01:10 AM
What Ron Paul did with regards to foreign policy, was to show that long term consequences are more important than short term gratification. When someone attacks you, the instinctive response is to fight back. That was my response in the months after 9/11. I wanted to fight back. I wanted war with the islamofascists. I became one of the "neolibertarians".

It's several years later, and I've learned my lesson the hard way. The short term glee of kicking Iraqi and Taliban butts is peanuts compared to the long term damage we did. It's one thing to strike back at a playground bully. But we're talking nations here. Nations with armies, bombs and nukes.

We could have avoided much of todays international problems if we had followed the advice of Ron Paul twenty years ago. Thank God for giving such patience to Ron Paul! Let's listen to him today, and avert a world of hurt for our children.

Criminal acts were committed, and we need to pursue those criminals. But war against nation states needs a much higher threshold. If Congress couldn't even muster the cojones to declare war, that threshold wasn't met.

Aratus
03-22-2008, 12:59 PM
this thread goes into the issues people faced last july. time passes fast...

Mickeys
03-23-2008, 02:23 AM
Why are so many 10 month old threads being bumped? They don't do any good on the front page anymore.