PDA

View Full Version : What is the last straw?

Thrashertm
09-25-2008, 12:25 AM
What is the last crime that the government will commit, that will push the people too far, prompting an open revolt, a mass general strike, etc. What must transpire to force the citizens to finally "Refresh the tree of liberty with the blood of patriots and tyrants"?

I thought that openly stealing from the citizens in this bailout might do it. Obviously not. What more do they need to do? Run around raping us in broad daylight?

cheapseats
09-25-2008, 12:43 AM
It gives me no pleasure to say it and I do not say it lightly, but I am of the opinion that the Great Bailout can and should be the deal breaker.

constituent
09-25-2008, 06:04 AM
that decision is on you.

my recommendation, if they cross it.... stfu about it on the internet.

Truth Warrior
09-25-2008, 06:14 AM
It varies from person to person. Mao, Stalin and Hitler still have fans and supporters. :rolleyes:

ItsTime
09-25-2008, 06:27 AM
that decision is on you.

My recommendation, if they cross it.... Stfu about it on the internet.

+1000

cheapseats
09-25-2008, 08:27 AM
my recommendation, if they cross it.... stfu about it on the internet.

+1000

Really?

Let me get this straight. Individuals are encouraged to identify themselves out on the street, where law enforcement is eminently able to scoop up or otherwise harass them, but mums the word on the internet where the millions gather in anonymity?

Are we to sit back, then, and know that an inner circle has the matter under control?

Setting aside the knee-jerk cynicism of 'where have we heard THAT before,' I will suggest that y'all had better pick up your secret pace because here's the thing. Lots and lots of Americans CAN'T wait out four more years while you strategerize in secret.

Or tough shit for them?

I don't know from Libertarian camps. But I am two full years in the trenches of the blogosphere and this much I DO know. There is an opposition industry that is as set in the business of opposing the status quo as there is a status quo industry set in the business of maintaining the status quo.

constituent
09-25-2008, 09:19 AM
Really?

Let me get this straight. Individuals are encouraged to identify themselves out on the street, where law enforcement is eminently able to scoop up or otherwise harass them, but mums the word on the internet where the millions gather in anonymity?

Law enforcement is out there scooping people up for wearing white wristbands?

lol

Also, identifying yourself as disaffected and angry is different than posting calls to violence on the internet. If you can't figure that out.... well...

Are we to sit back, then, and know that an inner circle has the matter under control?

What inner circle?

Control yourself, protect your family and your community. You let me worry about mine.

;)

Setting aside the knee-jerk cynicism of 'where have we heard THAT before,' I will suggest that y'all had better pick up your secret pace because here's the thing.

Our secret pace? WTF are you talking about?

Lots and lots of Americans CAN'T wait out four more years while you strategerize in secret.

LoL, no one is strategizing in secret.

What, you think there is some plot for a violent coup to overthrow the government?

Certainly not w/ me... though there are some around I have my doubts about (see Agents Provocateur)

Or tough shit for them?

I guess that's up to them... Whomever they may be.

I don't know from Libertarian camps.

Me neither.

But I am two full years in the trenches of the blogosphere

The blogosphere? Trenches?

The militant imagery doesn't impress me. In fact, it turns me off (and makes me laugh at those peddling it).

There is an opposition industry that is as set in the business of opposing the status quo as there is a status quo industry set in the business of maintaining the status quo.

And they both serve the same masters.... funny world

Good luck cheapseats.

cheapseats
09-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Law enforcement is out there scooping people up for...

...more and more things at a faster and faster rate. It's Big Business. Incarceration Incorporated.com

lol

Ya think?

Also, identifying yourself as disaffected and angry is different than posting calls to violence on the internet. If you can't figure that out.... well...

I am everywhere on record as being an essentially peaceable person who does NOT advocate violence. Nowhere do I call for violence. I call for the American People to stand up for themselves, declare their independence.

The System that you would change more slowly and more optimistically from within? Not happening. The Powers That Be The System are making money, living the high life and enjoying security doing things exactly the way they're doing them, and they have the Authority to perpetuate the System. Why ever would they give that up without a fight?

Only if they are more afraid of the consequences of their methodologies than they are fond of the perks of their methodologies.

What inner circle?

More to the point, WHICH inner circle.

Control yourself,

I will argue that I am OVERcontrolled...by a heavy-handed government that forcibly exacts from me payment for the privilege of being exploited, manipulated, regulated, taxed, fined, prohibited, cited and forbade.

protect your family and your community. You let me worry about mine.

;)

Yeah, screw that 'all for one, one for all' folderol...it's every man for himself.

Our secret pace? WTF are you talking about?

LoL, no one is strategizing in secret.

You recommend that if I think the Great Bailout is a Deal Breaker, which I do, I should stfu about it online. If there is no behind-the-scenes orchestration and we are advised not to speak of it online, what? Horseback, like yesteryear? Homing pigeons?

What, you think there is some plot for a violent coup to overthrow the government?

I certainly hope not. Only Bad Guys would PLOT violence. That's called being the Aggressor, or the Perpetrator. Violence is not necessary. But it is sometimes necessary to RESPOND to violence with violence, yes? That's called self-defense.

The blogosphere? Trenches?

Absolutely.

The militant imagery doesn't impress me. In fact, it turns me off (and makes me laugh at those peddling it).

Which is a principal reason that the People are determined to reclaim their government, is it not?

And they both serve the same masters.... funny world

I noted the earlier lol. Me, I don't think it's funny at all.

Good luck cheapseats.

Thanks, you as well...we'll need it.

"I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it." --Thomas Jefferson.

Peace.

constituent
09-25-2008, 10:05 AM
The System that you would change more slowly and more optimistically from within?

No, I'm an anarchist and make no bones about it. It is my desire to optimistically fight the system from without.

My desire is to confront power, not control it.

Very happy to see we're on the same page.

Brother, you ain't kidding.

"I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it." --Thomas Jefferson.

Great Quote.

Indy Vidual
09-25-2008, 10:08 AM
This is still Ron Paul (supporters) Forums and the Dr. is in favor of peaceful actions. :)

cheapseats
09-25-2008, 10:15 AM
This is still Ron Paul (supporters) Forums and the Dr. is in favor of peaceful actions. :)

The noble man is always in favor of peaceful actions.

There is the matter, however, of gettin' the job done.

A civilized People that will permit their government to blow people in other lands to kingdom come, year after year after year, and lock people away capriciously at home cannot rightly call themselves peaceful.

Thrashertm
09-25-2008, 10:20 AM
Notice I advocate for open revolt and a mass general strike. Although tarring, feathering, and riding 90% of the govt. out of town would be gratifying.

Indy Vidual
09-25-2008, 10:21 AM
The noble man is always in favor of peaceful actions.

There is the matter, however, of gettin' the job done.

A civilized People that will permit their government to blow people in other lands to kingdom come, year after year after year, and lock people away capriciously at home cannot rightly call themselves peaceful.Valid points...

Conservationist
09-25-2008, 12:27 PM
What is the last crime that the government will commit, that will push the people too far, prompting an open revolt, a mass general strike, etc. What must transpire to force the citizens to finally "Refresh the tree of liberty with the blood of patriots and tyrants"?

I thought that openly stealing from the citizens in this bailout might do it. Obviously not. What more do they need to do? Run around raping us in broad daylight?

There is no last straw.

It's like in ancient Greece... stuff just gets worse and worse and worse until finally you wake up living in a third world nation with no prospects.

constituent
09-25-2008, 12:29 PM
There is no last straw.

It's like in ancient Greece... stuff just gets worse and worse and worse until finally you wake up living in a third world nation with no prospects.

the only defense?

to stand united.

newyearsrevolution08
09-25-2008, 12:40 PM
There is no last straw.

It is easier to sit there and allow it to happen VERSUS being one of the first to finally stand up and say NO! Mainly because those first will have a few issues until more and more join in and THEN and only then will the sheeple start following the pack and come and help us.

fedup100
09-25-2008, 12:43 PM
...more and more things at a faster and faster rate. It's Big Business. Incarceration Incorporated.com

Ya think?

I am everywhere on record as being an essentially peaceable person who does NOT advocate violence. Nowhere do I call for violence. I call for the American People to stand up for themselves, declare their independence.

The System that you would change more slowly and more optimistically from within? Not happening. The Powers That Be The System are making money, living the high life and enjoying security doing things exactly the way they're doing them, and they have the Authority to perpetuate the System. Why ever would they give that up without a fight?

Only if they are more afraid of the consequences of their methodologies than they are fond of the perks of their methodologies.

More to the point, WHICH inner circle.

I will argue that I am OVERcontrolled...by a heavy-handed government that forcibly exacts from me payment for the privilege of being exploited, manipulated, regulated, taxed, fined, prohibited, cited and forbade.

Yeah, screw that 'all for one, one for all' folderol...it's every man for himself.

You recommend that if I think the Great Bailout is a Deal Breaker, which I do, I should stfu about it online. If there is no behind-the-scenes orchestration and we are advised not to speak of it online, what? Horseback, like yesteryear? Homing pigeons?

I certainly hope not. Only Bad Guys would PLOT violence. That's called being the Aggressor, or the Perpetrator. Violence is not necessary. But it is sometimes necessary to RESPOND to violence with violence, yes? That's called self-defense.

Absolutely.

Which is a principal reason that the People are determined to reclaim their government, is it not?

I noted the earlier lol. Me, I don't think it's funny at all.

Peace.

I hate these GD posts that go on for hours with quotes and tags and shit that say nothing.......didn't read a word of it.

cheapseats
09-25-2008, 01:19 PM
i hate these gd posts that go on for hours with quotes and tags and shit that say nothing.......didn't read a word of it.
l

WAY TO KEEP A VIGILANT EYE ON THE SMALL PICTURE
ITíS THE PRINCIPAL REASON THAT THIRD PARTIES FAIL

Freedom 4 all
09-25-2008, 03:49 PM
I think it may take something like indisputable evidence that the federal government was complicit in 9/11 or something like that. But I have faith that if people like McBama keep getting in, something within our lifetimes will happen so that the people will come to the white house with torches and pitchforks and we will refresh the tree of liberty once more.

kombayn
09-25-2008, 04:23 PM
It'll happen if martial law is ever declared and innocents are being beaten to the ground by police. Once actual military leaders, soldiers, police officers, etc. Starting fighting on the side of the people and against their own employers, that's when it'll be the last straw. Then it'll be time to pick a side, the Union or the people?