PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul challenging others to actual debates

billm317
09-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Feel free to tell me this is a bonehead idea, but I've been thinking... What would happen if Ron Paul challenged Rudy/Mitt, etc. to actual debates?

Dr. Paul is good at debate and he'd excel, especially up against the others running for president. The likely outcome will be that Rudy/Mitt will say they can't work it into their schedule, but to some, they'd look weak for turning it down.

When Rudy spoke up about the 9/11 stuff in the past debate... Ron Paul, at his press conference the next day, could have invited Rudy to name the time and place and they could have a public debate on the issue.

When Mitt spoke up about the 9/11 stuff in the past debate... Ron Paul could have added to his response, "Mitt I would love to debate this with you further. How about we get something setup, just you and I, to discuss this?"

Of course none of these clowns will meet him, but it gets him attention, it makes him look strong, confident and powerful, and it has the opposite effect on the others.

Me personally, I would LOVE to see candidates having actual debate. Of course MSM doesn't want this because they would lose a bit of control.

Good idea or bad?

Paulitician
09-05-2007, 04:53 PM
I think it's a great idea but it would never happen. Namely, Ron Paul isn't really confrontational and none of them would even dare to really debate him.

Keith
09-05-2007, 04:54 PM
I like the idea because the other candidates would either run away scared or look like children debating Congressman Paul. It is a win win.

hvac ak47
09-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Ron did this in the last fox debate. After it was over and he was being interviewed by Hannity Ron said he would love to debate rudy 1 on 1 about foriegn policy. Rudy never accepted and it was never brought up again. :rolleyes:

billm317
09-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Ron did this in the last fox debate. After it was over and he was being interviewed by Hannity Ron said he would love to debate rudy 1 on 1 about foriegn policy. Rudy never accepted and it was never brought up again. :rolleyes:

Well you obviously have to choose your spot to be vocal about it. If he had called out Mitt in that debate in front of millions, I think things would have gone a bit differently.

I'll tell ya another benefit to this... those clowns will stop interrupting him during debates. They'll think, "if I say this, he's going to call me out." He doesn't currently call anyone out, so they keep doing it.

But on the flip side, I'm a very vocal person and maybe that way of thought isn't the best route to take for a presidential race. I just so bad want RP to set these idiots straight in front of millions in a way that makes them look like the fools they are.

Lord Xar
09-05-2007, 05:06 PM
I think this would be an AWESOME IDEA.... FRONT PAGE YAHOO..

"RON PAUL calls out Romney, and Ghouliani"
"TOP TIER Candidates are afraid to debate Ron Paul one on one!"

hvac ak47
09-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Well you obviously have to choose your spot to be vocal about it. If he had called out Mitt in that debate in front of millions, I think things would have gone a bit differently.

I'll tell ya another benefit to this... those clowns will stop interrupting him during debates. They'll think, "if I say this, he's going to call me out." He doesn't currently call anyone out, so they keep doing it.

But on the flip side, I'm a very vocal person and maybe that way of thought isn't the best route to take for a presidential race. I just so bad want RP to set these idiots straight in front of millions in a way that makes them look like the fools they are.

I agree that its a good idea. I just think it would be ignored by the media.

billm317
09-05-2007, 05:12 PM
I agree that its a good idea. I just think it would be ignored by the media.

I don't think FOXNews would cover it, but maybe some of the left-leaning media outlets would. Incentive to them would be making Giuliani (for example) look bad. Or maybe they're more afraid of RP (they should be)