PDA

View Full Version : So....do we have a plan?

tomveil
09-24-2008, 10:46 PM
There's certainly a > 0 chance that the stuff really starts to hit the fan in the next weeks or months. Do we have a plan for if/when that happens? Myself, I'm a small business owner with 0% chance to get bailed out. So if it hits the fan, I'll be looking for some way to earn my keep, as they say.

Anybody got a farm they need worked on? :)

But seriously, do we have groups set up? Meeting grounds? Anything?

Drknows
09-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Party at Ron Paul's house!! bring your own beer

Nate K
09-24-2008, 10:52 PM
if shit gets bad, idk about you but i'm gonna be a full time revolutionary. don't worry about food, pack a gun, we'll wing it like they did out west.

Pauls' Revere
09-24-2008, 10:53 PM
I have ammo being shipped. No lie.
:D

ihsv
09-24-2008, 10:54 PM
Party at Ron Paul's house!! bring your own beer

Hell yeah!!!

tomveil
09-24-2008, 10:55 PM
if shit gets bad, idk about you but i'm gonna be a full time revolutionary. don't worry about food, pack a gun, we'll wing it like they did out west.

Might be fun.

Razorback Fan
09-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Life as a full-time revolutionary would be hard, but it would be a hell of a lot better than life as a slave. As my license plate says, LIVE FREE OR DIE.

FreeMarketEconomy
09-24-2008, 10:57 PM
There's certainly a > 0 chance that the stuff really starts to hit the fan in the next weeks or months. Do we have a plan for if/when that happens? Myself, I'm a small business owner with 0% chance to get bailed out. So if it hits the fan, I'll be looking for some way to earn my keep, as they say.

If you are really a business owner you would be able to realize that getting a business loan from the bank to grow your business and create jobs is getting more and more difficult. And, if you are having that problem then everyone else is likely having that problem too. Thus, they wouldn't be spending money on your business giving you problems paying your fixed operational costs. This problem will just get drastically worse if there wasn't a bailout.

Razorback Fan
09-24-2008, 11:01 PM
I frankly see no other option than all of us becoming subsistence farmers in small communities where we support and defend one another, living "off the grid," as it were.

tomveil
09-24-2008, 11:03 PM
I frankly see no other option than all of us becoming subsistence farmers in small communities where we support and defend one another, living "off the grid," as it were.

Yeah this is kind of what I was wondering. Do we have places that we can do this? Farmland or anything?

DeadtoSin
09-24-2008, 11:04 PM
I'm a pacifist, so the gun toting way isn't for me. I plan on growing as many crops as I can, and I want to try to get some energy independence going. We'll see.

Razorback Fan
09-24-2008, 11:07 PM
What would be the signal that you're a true freedom-loving patriot? For example, if you were to approach my farm looking for food and shelter, or to start a new community with like-minded people, what could I ask you to do or say that would prove you are "one of us" and not a threat or a mole? There's no secret handshake that I'm aware of.

EDIT: Actually, it's stupid of me to ask that here. What I should have said is, IF there is a "secret handshake," how would I go about finding out what it is? ;)

Nate K
09-24-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm a pacifist, so the gun toting way isn't for me. I plan on growing as many crops as I can, and I want to try to get some energy independence going. We'll see.

sounds good to me, you can always hire my kind too to for some security in exchange for some food and bunking quarters.

it'll function similar to the symbiosis of leaf cutter ants and aphids.

tomveil
09-24-2008, 11:09 PM
What would be the signal that you're a true freedom-loving patriot? For example, if you were to approach my farm looking for food and shelter, or to start a new community with like-minded people, what could I ask you to do or say that would prove you are "one of us" and not a threat or a mole? There's no secret handshake that I'm aware of.

EDIT: Actually, it's stupid of me to ask that here. What I should have said is, IF there is a "secret handshake," how would I go about finding out what it is? ;)

I'll probably be still wearing my white armband ;)

Razorback Fan
09-24-2008, 11:12 PM
Ah, yes...your "white" ;) ;) "armband" ;) ;) ;)

Original_Intent
09-24-2008, 11:12 PM
If you are really a business owner you would be able to realize that getting a business loan from the bank to grow your business and create jobs is getting more and more difficult. And, if you are having that problem then everyone else is likely having that problem too. Thus, they wouldn't be spending money on your business giving you problems paying your fixed operational costs. This problem will just get drastically worse if there wasn't a bailout.

I like your join date of Sept 2008.

Does someone not understand what this movement is about.

I smell a mole. Someone signs up here within the last three weeks and is for the bail out. Wow what are the odds that one of the 1% of Americans that support the bailout would randomly sign up on Ron Paul forums?

aravoth
09-24-2008, 11:15 PM

lol, what the fuck man...

Feelgood

Actually, I have a website Im currently working on to help when the shit hits the fan. A forum where people can help one another, vent, get helpful tips/hints from me and others on how to prepare and deal with what is coming. It is a work in progress. If you wish to take a looksy, here it is...

http://www.greatdepressiondeux.com/

Razorback Fan
I smell a mole. Someone signs up here within the last three weeks and is for the bail out. Wow what are the odds that one of the 1% of Americans that support the bailout would randomly sign up on Ron Paul forums?

I dunno...he's quite pursuasive...he's nearly got me convinced. :p

tomveil
09-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Actually, I have a website Im currently working on to help when the shit hits the fan. A forum where people can help one another, vent, get helpful tips/hints from me and others on how to prepare and deal with what is coming. It is a work in progress. If you wish to take a looksy, here it is...

http://www.greatdepressiondeux.com/

Great! Thanks I'll take a look! :)

Although the Nate way of life kinda sounds good too......

Trigonx
09-24-2008, 11:18 PM

gotta love the irony of his name when he says things about favoring the bailout

Micah Dardar
09-24-2008, 11:26 PM
I have Native American blood. My plan is to take my family to a source of good fresh water where I can hunt, fish, and do other things that may make me feel more human than I ever have before. I can't say that it will be a tragedy as much as a transition.

jkm1864
09-24-2008, 11:29 PM
I am making plans to get the hell out of dodge and goto live with my father in the country. I will loose my house but its better to live in the country and be free instead of living in the city as a slave after martial law. I do not want to be in the city anyway especially after the government goes broke and stops paying the welfare checks. Think 90% of the Americans are not prepared for what is coming unlike us they will be starving when inflation piles up and it cost 200 dollars for a loaf of bread. I will clear off my fathers land and plant seeds and turn into a dirt farmer over night. The funny thing is my father told me 6 months ago that I was paranoid and now He is stocking up on food right now. We were talking about buying solar pannels and stocking up on food. I was happy after I talked to him because now I know I am not insane. You know what is really funny is now he knows about the FED and our fake money thats being inflated to hell. So its kind of like a I told You so feeling.................... Oh btw Obama and Mc'Cain people we told you so and you laughed at us and called us conspiracy nuts and idiots.

tomveil
09-24-2008, 11:32 PM
I am making plans to get the hell out of dodge and goto live with my father in the country. I will loose my house but its better to live in the country and be free instead of living in the city as a slave after martial law. I do not want to be in the city anyway especially after the government goes broke and stops paying the welfare checks. Think 90% of the Americans are not prepared for what is coming unlike us they will be starving when inflation piles up and it cost 200 dollars for a loaf of bread. I will clear off my fathers land and plant seeds and turn into a dirt farmer over night. The funny thing is my father told me 6 months ago that I was paranoid and now He is stocking up on food right now. We were talking about buying solar pannels and stocking up on food. I was happy after I talked to him because now I know I am not insane. You know what is really funny is now he knows about the FED and our fake money thats being inflated to hell. So its kind of like a I told You so feeling.................... Oh btw Obama and Mc'Cain people we told you so and you laughed at us and called us conspiracy nuts and idiots.

Sounds like a pretty good life to me :)

Cleaner44
09-24-2008, 11:33 PM

Here's a thought... grow the business with profits instead of debt!
Ooh ooh, maybe we can all borrow our way out of debt.

BenIsForRon
09-25-2008, 12:15 AM
ok, whats wrong with what freemarket said? Is it not true that if there is no bail out and we have a depression that it will be hard for most businesses to get loans? I'm still not in favor of the bailout, I just know that if the government doesn't extend that credit to the banks, the banks won't have it for their clients.

Micah Dardar
09-25-2008, 12:20 AM
ok, whats wrong with what freemarket said? Is it not true that if there is no bail out and we have a depression that it will be hard for most businesses to get loans? I'm still not in favor of the bailout, I just know that if the government doesn't extend that credit to the banks, the banks won't have it for their clients.

You choose - A permanent decline in our living standards as a nation, or a brief period of hardship.

I say let's get this over with!

aravoth
09-25-2008, 12:27 AM

10% decline in the value of your money right out of the shoot for one, no-one is gonna buy products anyway becuase they'll be busy paying 5 bucks a gallon for gas, then you can brace yourself for the bullshit AIG did and hang on for the ride, just don't put your arms out of the sun roof when WAMU smashes the car.

you won't pay 700 billion for this, mark this post, come back to it in a year, it'll be well over 1 trillion by then.

Original_Intent
09-25-2008, 12:28 AM

The banks NEVER had it. See "Debt as Money"

BenIsForRon
09-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Yeah, I totally agree with you guys, I just think you were being unfair to freemarket, I don't think he was in favor of the bailout, just saying small businesses are going to have a hard time when they can't get loans.

...But it doesn't really matter anyways, we can only bail out for so long until everyone sees that our dollars are worth shit.

tomveil
09-25-2008, 12:44 AM
Yeah, I totally agree with you guys, I just think you were being unfair to freemarket, I don't think he was in favor of the bailout, just saying small businesses are going to have a hard time when they can't get loans.

...But it doesn't really matter anyways, we can only bail out for so long until everyone sees that our dollars are worth shit.

As the original poster, I know all this. Bottom line is, I'm most likely screwed anyway. Perhaps I can keep selling to overseas buyers and keep my income up that way, but.... *shrug*

Everything's changing. Good to be ready for anything.

max
09-25-2008, 12:50 AM
This problem will just get drastically worse if there wasn't a bailout.

Bailout is just another drug fix delaying the inevitable collapse. America is over...there may not be an election in November.

tomveil
09-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Bump for morning crew.